• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boy Do I Need Help/Suggestions/And Support

In summary, the conversation was about a trade show where 20,000 people are expected to attend. The speaker is sharing a booth with a Home Interier's representative and is planning on ordering flyers, drawing slips, and showcasing kid-friendly products to attract potential bookings. They also discuss the idea of having a mom and me show and how to effectively follow up with potential customers. Suggestions are given for booth supplies and the use of old catalogs for potential leads.
tada
By a turn of events - I'm sharing a booth at a Trade Show this Saturday with a Home Interier's rep. (It's costing me $100) The show people expect 20,000 folks to travel through!

It's marketed heavily as A Kid's World - everything to do with Kid products.

Now, I can't spend a lot of my booth supplies - and I don't have the time or resources to work up my own flyers.

So this is what I'm doing - ordering 200 of the Show Benefits Flyer at 16.25. That is what I'll give those who are most interested.

1000 Drawing Slips.

I'll have small amounts (20 or so) of the mini-catalog, opp brouchure, wedding, etc there too.

This is my Kit Enhance 40% off month - so I was going to order all the kid products - maybe my drawing will be for the Apron set.

Maybe I'll have play-dough there and entice kid's to use the baker's roller and creative cutters and cookie making set while I talk to their mom.

Any thoughts. I am all about booking my August, September, and October calendar rather than selling there or recruiting there.

I do not want 1000 drawing slips to have to follow up on later and never reach any. I'm very bad at getting any results from phone calls.

Tracie

Is there someone in your cluster who is more seasoned that you could share the booth with? 20,000 people means quite a few hours...you'll get exhausted! Plus, s/he could help you with what to say and do.

You might want to set up your Tool-Turn About as a kids arts and craft center, with crayons, markers, scissors and pencils to market it to the audience you'll have there. If you are interested in booking, think about offering Mommy and Me shows, too!

HTH,

Mary

There was a flyer I found on here that listed good products to use with kids. You would just need to change the info again.

I did a fair recently where I handed out a TON of these flyers. Kids, especially the 6-10 year old girls, were excited when I talked directly to them, i.e. "Do you like to help your mom in the kitchen?".

And if you have kids, you know how they can work on their parents to buy them stuff...:D

Also, if this is something you would be interested in offering, put together info on a kids' cooking show (lots of info on here). I had so many mom/daughter combos that I know would have jumped all over a kids cooking show if I only had a pitch prepared :eek:

Attachments

• Great Products for Kids.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 503
what a creative idea to have for kids............ has anyone done a mom's show???

Tracy: You're off to a great start. Here are some things that I bring:

Catalogs
Order forms
Pens
Business Cards
Your Planner
Opportunity Brochures
Consultant Agreements
Items for a give-away(optional)

I know people like to do a ton of handouts, which if that works for them--its great, but I don't want people to take stuff and then toss it. I will give it out if people WANT the info, and then I try to follow up.

If you use any old catalogs, you can pass them out with a sticker that says "For new catalog contact..." For the giveaway, I thought of doing something "bigger" and awarding it to them when they have their show. There's no reason why you can't make it a rule to enter to win the prize they have a show. And, I know the calls seem like a waste. I make them and for a year I never heard anything back and after I took a teleclass on objections, all I can say is WOW! I had one lady call me back to book a show and she just signed last month! So, just keep up! It'll pay off!

Terri: WOW! What a flyer!

mommyhugz1978 said:
what a creative idea to have for kids............ has anyone done a mom's show???

A friend and I, both new consultants, did a mommie and me show. One of us took the kids in one room and the parents in the other and made 2 different recipes. The kids got to help mix stuff, roll pizza dough, and grate cheese, while the adults did a desert recipe (strawberry napoleons?). This worked out fairly well with our biggest problem being not enough guests. The kids had fun, the parents had fun, and I think everyone bought something.

tlennhoff said:
A friend and I, both new consultants, did a mommie and me show. One of us took the kids in one room and the parents in the other and made 2 different recipes. The kids got to help mix stuff, roll pizza dough, and grate cheese, while the adults did a desert recipe (strawberry napoleons?). This worked out fairly well with our biggest problem being not enough guests. The kids had fun, the parents had fun, and I think everyone bought something.

I want to do is a like a mommy and me show , but the other thing I would like to do is to get a bunch of mom's together and do a cooking show kind of a evening away from the kids type thing. Any suggestions??

Anne, I'm new to chef sucess and I am soaking this all up! I love the idea of booking a show to get in the drawing---I know I would do it in a hearbeat. I have a Open House coming up (I'm new in town and am struggling to restart my business--so I am forming a group of home based business,12 of us so far, and we are renting a club house ($50 total for the day-sweet!) and holding a open house --I am requiring all participating to have some kind of door prize). I just got back from wave 3 of conference (1st time) and I am so excited to use it all. You all and your enthusiasm is keeping the momentum going from conference. Way to go!

Welcome, amazoncook!!! I am so happy to hear that I am helping out! I like the idea of the vendor get together. I have soo many ideas from conference that I really have to get organized with them.

I would do a drawing for something big, maybe a basket with a bunch of the kids items and then a drawing for a free show, of course everyone will win the free show! After the fair you call everyone and let them know that they won a free cooking show, all they have to do is pick up their house a bit and give you a guest list. From what I have heard this method works fairly well for booking shows and be sure that when you call them back you use the assumptive close.

THanks so much everyone.

I'm taking a Mommy and Me flyer I found on the site. I may get 20 copies or so to give to some.

Otherwise my main flyer will be the fall host benefits flyer - and I'll only hand out to the truely interested - not just willy nilly hand out. I'll have a few wedding, fundraiser, opp on hand too.

I'll have the kid products on display. Play-doh to play with while I talk to mom.

I'm still thinking - everyone who wants can register for my door prize - maybe the Apron/Hat Set and Cookbook. Runner ups gets wins a free show.

Then everyone who books a show with me then and there will be entered in my big drawing for the stainless steel mixing bowl set. If they book within the next two weeks, they'll get 2 entries in the drawing! (I love making up my own rules!)

I have been promoting this as ending on the end of September drawing for my August and September hosts.

If I REALLY do good and fill up my August and September dates - then I may have to quickly come up with another way to get October bookings then and there. I have to think about this.

They are advertising on radio and TV - this may be great!

Keep ideas coming!
Tracie

How are you advertising on the radio?? I am the only consultant in my area so I am trying tobook my calender as well... I could use any suggestions as well

I'm not advertising - the event is being advertised. It's called A Kid's World.

This is some of their ads

Clear Channel Radio of Jackson, Mississippi presents the eighth annual A Kid's World, Saturday August 19, 2006 at the Mississippi Trade Mart in Jackson from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.

A Kid's World is an interactive exposition for children and their parents offering opportunities to shop, sample products, and interact with experts in the fields of children's health care, education, and recreation. Other features include multiple space jumps, inflatable obstacle courses, face painting, lots of costumed characters, a petting zoo, a rock-climbing wall and a bungee trampoline.

There will be seven space jumps, two thirty foot long obstacle courses, two eighteen foot high slides, inflatahoops, two trampolines and a rock climbing wall all under one air-conditioned roof! It's 67,000 square feet fully dedicated to kids and family entertainment!

Free tickets may be picked up at any Brookshire's store. Otherwise, they will be $5.00/person at the door.

Sounds LOUD doesn't it!

Tracie

OH.... I am sorry I misunderstood what you had said, I was going wait I want to know what you did to get a radio advertisement about you selling PC.

Related to Boy Do I Need Help/Suggestions/And Support

1. How can I get help with my Pampered Chef products?

There are a few ways to get help with your Pampered Chef products. You can reach out to your consultant for personalized assistance, join our online community for tips and suggestions, or check out our website for product information and troubleshooting guides.

2. Can I get suggestions for using my Pampered Chef products?

Absolutely! Our consultants and online community are full of creative and experienced home cooks who are happy to share their tips and suggestions for using your Pampered Chef products to their fullest potential. You can also find recipe ideas and inspiration on our website.

3. Do you offer support for hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Yes, we offer support for hosting a Pampered Chef party through our consultants. They can help you plan and organize your party, provide product demonstrations and recipes, and assist with orders and deliveries. You can also earn free products and discounts by hosting a party.

4. How can I connect with other Pampered Chef customers for support?

Our online community is a great place to connect with other Pampered Chef customers for support and advice. You can join our Facebook group, follow us on Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel for tips, recipes, and product demonstrations from other home cooks.

5. Is there a warranty for Pampered Chef products?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products come with a limited lifetime warranty. If your product becomes defective or damaged, you can contact your consultant or our customer service team for a replacement or refund. You can also register your products on our website for added protection and benefits.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • susanspc
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
colegrovet
  • apriljc