• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did I Receive a Personal Order Instead of a Show Box?

In summary, the conversation mentioned hosting an open house with 200 orders, receiving the box with all the products but no packaging or paperwork, and concerns about whether HO may think the orders were personal instead of for a show. Suggestions were made to use regular plastic bags and contact HO for missing paperwork, as well as sharing personal experiences with similar situations. The importance of getting products to customers was emphasized, along with understanding that mistakes can happen due to human error and frustrations with new systems at HO.
Geekgirl69
Gold Member
I hosted an open house on March 1, I had about 200 in orders so it was submitted as a show. I got the box yesterday and all the products are there (thankfully) but there is nothing to tell me who gets what. Also there were no bags in the box. Does HO think I ordered all these new dips for myself? I have it all sorted now but should I be worried that they may think it was a personal order not a show?

You should be able to look at your copies of the guest orders to figure out who got what and I would use regular plastic shopping bags. The most important is to get the product to the customers. Definatley give HO a call or email (may take longer on email) and let them know your paperwork and bags were not included in the box. All orders personal or non should have the packing slip and it could be that someone slipped up and didn't put the stuff in the box.

Did you order it under individual people like a regular show or one order?

I had the same problem. Had a great show (for me) and then the host calls to tell me there is NO PAPER WORK! Ugh! Thank goodness I was able to remind her that I had given her the receipts and she would be able to use that.Ugh! I am tired of apologizing for HO!!! lol

trps said:
Did you order it under individual people like a regular show or one order?

Like a regular show with 8 ordering guests each paying 4.25 shipping. One even got the guest special silicone brush for the 60 dollar purchase.

That's happened to me as well. I just called HO and told them about it. Luckily I had some extra PC bags floating around and had just enough to use for the orders going to people I didn't know. HO sent me some PC bags through the mail the next week since they forgot them and to kind of "reimburse" me. I was glad that it happened on a show that I was the host of and not someone else, so that I could be the one inconvenienced, and not a real host. Thank goodness we have other copies of receipts and P3 to refer to!

babywings76 said:
That's happened to me as well. I just called HO and told them about it. Luckily I had some extra PC bags floating around and had just enough to use for the orders going to people I didn't know. HO sent me some PC bags through the mail the next week since they forgot them and to kind of "reimburse" me. I was glad that it happened on a show that I was the host of and not someone else, so that I could be the one inconvenienced, and not a real host. Thank goodness we have other copies of receipts and P3 to refer to!

Yes I agree. Most of the customers are very close friends of mine, they wouldn't care if they got their products in an unlabeled brown paper bag. I also had enough bags for the few that I do not know that well. I printed the show summary from P3 to do the sorting because some of the write-in receipts were all crossed out and changed and I didn't feel like trying to read the handwritings. But like you said, better me than a host (especially a new customer you are trying to build a relationship with).

It's only the last year or so that they have been providing the packing slips (but the bags have always been included). It's because this happens every so often that I provide the host with a copy of the 3 part order form.

The orders are packed by humans and none of us are perfect. A lot of things are going haywire over at HO these days because of the new systems they are implimenting and I know how frustrating it is but we do have to realize that the co-workers are just as frustrated as we are.

BethCooks4U said:
It's only the last year or so that they have been providing the packing slips (but the bags have always been included). It's because this happens every so often that I provide the host with a copy of the 3 part order form.

The orders are packed by humans and none of us are perfect. A lot of things are going haywire over at HO these days because of the new systems they are implimenting and I know how frustrating it is but we do have to realize that the co-workers are just as frustrated as we are.

I totally understand that they are human...I was more worried that HO wouldn't treat it as a show (for my HWC promo). I was happy that all the products were there (we've all heard the stories), rather be missing the bags.

The same thing happened for my open house show. I got the order and no slips, which I had done a show a month before I signed and gotten them as a hostess, so I'm not sure why they weren't included. I just thought it was because I had labeled it consultant as host.

The last show I had shipped here was the same way. I had the bags, but no paperwork of any kind. I wouldn't even care if the customers orders weren't broken down as long as there was something in there listing all of the products to have something to check off.

Lynda, I wasn't saying you didn't understand they're human. I was just saying that as a FYI - a lot of new people read the threads and we have been pretty negative about HO in general lately.

There are two ways you can be sure that it was counted as a show: check your P3 on how you placed the order and check CC on your IPT, shipping screen and incentive tracker - they all show what kind of order it is.

Jayne, if I don't have packing slips I check off the products against the orders - that's what we all had to do before they started giving us the slips. They make it so much quicker and easier to sort but if they aren't there...

Me too!
On Sunday I took an hour ride from my home to pick up some stuff from a show a friend had. She calls me and I am already half way there. She tells me there are no packing slips! I nearly died as I had no computer, no paperwork or anything else. So I got on my cell to see if I could get a hold of Pat to see if he could get my PC up and going. We waited two hours for him to get home from running! UGH! What a pain!

Happened to me as well - I then got a call from a consultant in Texas (I'm in Illinois) saying she had my host's paperwork and bags in her box. I told her not to worry about sending them to me cause I'd already taken care of it. Just thought it was kinda funny!

I just had a show shipped to my place today and was sorting it and it was so full of paper shreds. What a mess. It was on everything and all over me by the time I emptied the box. I am so glad it didn't come to a hostess. It did have sacks in it at least.

Well, I think we all can tell which system they recently upgraded!! Seems the problems are all centered around the Shipping area of things. (which is scary, because that's the part hosts/customers see!)

BethCooks4U said:
Lynda, I wasn't saying you didn't understand they're human. I was just saying that as a FYI - a lot of new people read the threads and we have been pretty negative about HO in general lately.

There are two ways you can be sure that it was counted as a show: check your P3 on how you placed the order and check CC on your IPT, shipping screen and incentive tracker - they all show what kind of order it is.

Jayne, if I don't have packing slips I check off the products against the orders - that's what we all had to do before they started giving us the slips. They make it so much quicker and easier to sort but if they aren't there...

P3 and IPT are both listed as a show. Thanks again for your help.

I just received a show on Friday. Missing two items (third time a show is missing the Cooking for Two cookbook). It was a 14 order show, they sent me 3 small bags. I'm kind of nervous because I have a 21 order show coming to my house (the host wanted it sent to me), and I no longer have bags left. I think it's kind of tacky to use "grocery bags" for a show that I knew 2 out of the 20 people that were there.

I too received a show order without tear-off summary slips. Also only 3 large and 3 small bags to use for a total of 12 orders. I can see how a host would be upset about this. I mentioned it when I was on the phone with customer service about another matter. The rep said to email the concern to the solution center on-line so that they can see what is going on in the warehouse. If we all sent emails instead of calling they may be able to find the problem quickly and get it fixed soon.

Are you guys letting HO know this is happening? They may not realize if we don't tell them (email).

What is a "Box With No Sorting Paperwork"?

A "Box With No Sorting Paperwork" is a convenient packaging option for our customers. It includes all the items from your order in one box, without the need for any additional sorting or organizing.

How do I request a "Box With No Sorting Paperwork" for my order?

You can request a "Box With No Sorting Paperwork" at the time of placing your order. Simply select this option during the checkout process, and we will make sure your items are packaged together in one box.

Will my items be protected in a "Box With No Sorting Paperwork"?

Yes, our packaging team takes special care to ensure that all items are securely packed and protected, even in a "Box With No Sorting Paperwork". Your items will arrive safely and in great condition.

Can I still return items from a "Box With No Sorting Paperwork"?

Yes, you can still return any items from a "Box With No Sorting Paperwork" just like you would with any other order. Simply follow our return process and send back any items you wish to return.

Is there an extra cost for a "Box With No Sorting Paperwork"?

No, there is no extra cost for this packaging option. It is just another way we strive to make the ordering and receiving process as easy and convenient as possible for our customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • DebPC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kaylin
  • PamperedchefDaly