• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Book Party Already? How Did I Get One So Fast?

In summary, the conversation was about promoting a "Think Pink" team to raise money for breast cancer through The Pampered Chef. The original poster shared their email and received positive responses and bookings from others interested in joining the team. They also discussed different ways to promote the team and raise more money, such as hosting a cooking show or donating their commission to other causes. One person even shared a special order form for the HWC products. Overall, the conversation was filled with excitement and success for the "Think Pink" team.
DebbieJ
I just sent out a special HWC email this morning, asking people to join my "Think Pink" team (shamelessly stole the idea from here :) ) and I already got an email from a woman who wants to do a book party!!!!!

YEAHHHHH!!!!

That is wonderful! Do you have a sample wording of what was in your e-mail? I'm trying hard to get some bookings for May!

WOO! And...Ya Deb, you know you can't bubble about your success without sharing exactly what you said! LOL ;)

This iwhat I sent:

Subject: Join my THINK PINK team and help whip breast cancer!

Join my THINK PINK Help Whip Cancer Team

Do you know someone affected by breast cancer? Join my “Think Pink” team and you can make a difference! Each year in May, The Pampered Chef offers exclusive pink products for our Help Whip Cancer campaign. This year we are featuring a Pink Nylon Knife, a Pink Flexible Scraper, and a Mini Measure All Cup for our guests as well as two Pink Small Bowls with our brushed stainless Small Bowl Caddy for our hosts. For each pink product sold, $1 is contributed to the American Cancer Society’s breast cancer education and early detection programs. Over the past 7 years, we’ve raised $5 million dollars! Wow!!

Join my “Think Pink” team by committing to sell at least 10 Help Whip Cancer (HWC) products.

Simply collect orders from your neighbors, coworkers, friends, and family using the special HWC order form, collect the money, and deliver the product. That’s it. These products are so cute, they sell themselves!

As a thank you, every team member will receive a Spring 2007 Season’s Best cookbook. The team member who sells the most Help Whip Cancer products will get the hostess special for FREE (the Simple Additions® Pink Small Bowls and Small Bowl Caddy OR the Simple Additions® Large White Rectangular Platter with Handles) as a thank you from me.

All orders are due by May 23rd. Once you confirm your involvement, I’ll send you a special order form and you can start collecting orders! Want to do more? Host your own Help Whip Cancer Fundraiser! You can do it in your home or as an online/catalog show. Contact me for more details!

My goal is to sell 200 special HWC products and therefore raise $200 for the American Cancer Society! Together, we can do it!

Please email or call me today if you’d like to join the “Think Pink” team!

That's awesome DEB!

Love it Deb!!! Alright, I'll have to do it too!! I would LOVE to sell 200 HWC items!!!!:D

This is a great idea Deb and I'm glad it's already working out for you. Thanks for posting your email. I'm going to borrow it and see if I can get any takers for my own "Think Pink" Team.

Thanks Deb, I copied and pasted it and just sent it to everyone on my email list!!!

Congratulations!! I did the same, but a shortened version in my April newsletter. I got two people wanting to help. I did a fundraiser last year, but not sure how I'm doing it this year. I also donate my commission for this to my sister's youth group (she passed away from breast cancer last year) and to someone I know walking in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day walk. That way one purchase actually helps three causes!

Thanks for sharing! I have my email (very similar to yours) ready to go wil send out at the end of the month. Here's hoping everyone is successful with their teams!

Did you use a special order form or just the printed outside order forms?

There's a special order form here in the files section that looks like a girlscout cookie order form sheet, so to speak. Search in the files for HWC and it should come up.

Thanks Deb! Its awesome, I sent something out via regular mail, but this is great for people I dont have addresses for! I'm shooting for 400!!! Lets go and sell those HWC items girls!

I will be sending a special order form to everyone who responds. I also found it hear. As Heather mentioned, just do a search and you'll find plenty. :)

Here's a sample HWC products only order form. Sales taxes are calculated for each product using 6% PA tax.

Please change the footer as it has my information on it.

HTH

Attachments

• HWC_pa.doc
    159 KB · Views: 366
I GOT ONE booking already!! She wants to be on the think pink team so I'm going to see if she wants to have a cooking show first!!!!

I'll let you know! Thanks Deb!:D

Congrats and thank you for sharing your HWC email!

I should have also included in there that I plan on submitting the show as a HWC fundraiser...oh well.

Kristi - how do the fundraisers work? I'm committed to raising $500 for the HWC campaign. I thought if I sold $500 worth of HWC products that would cover my $500 committment ($1 is donated by PC when those items are sold right?). Sorry, I'm new so I'm still learning all of this.

lsm72 said:
Kristi - how do the fundraisers work? I'm committed to raising $500 for the HWC campaign. I thought if I sold $500 worth of HWC products that would cover my $500 committment ($1 is donated by PC when those items are sold right?). Sorry, I'm new so I'm still learning all of this.
If you sell 500 actual HWC products (500 items, not $500 worth), this would generate $500 in donations. It's $1 per item. Hope that helps!

WOW Deb love that letter, have confescated (ps?) it already.

Thanks Jane for that order for I love it.

Does anyone know WHEN the techs are going to add the Help Whip Cancer email addition to our PWS??? I want to send a HWC email to dozens of contacts so they can participate in this. I do it best in my PWS, but it seems I can't do it yet.

okay, that makes sense. thanks becky....:eek:

I have a quick question about the order form. I noticed the shipping said $4.25. I thought it was only $4?

PA shipping is taxed. It all depends where you live.

Ah ok - that makes sense now. I am just used to how the order forms read and has the seperate sales tax line.

E-mailSince there isn't an e-mail in Customer Connection, I created the attached file. I love the idea and wording of the THINK PINK team. This posting motivated me to think how to get that going and I combined it with some other things. I've been toying with having a healthy eating show and thought it could all be combined. Thoughts? Anything I left out or would motivate you? Thanks....

Attachments

• MayNewsletter.doc
    85 KB · Views: 381
After reading this post this morning I sent out an email and got 1 yes response in less than an hour.

Here is what I sent out

subject: Can You Pass A Book?!?!?!?!

Can you pass a book around? I am doing a pass a book fundraiser for
the American Cancer Society (ACS). All you have to do is look through
the book, call or email me your order and pass the book on. The next
person does the same. Its that simple!

The ACS will receive 20-25% of the sales, plus $1 for each of
the "pink" items sold. With enough people involved we could raise $200-
$300 or MORE just by passing the book on.

I will also be drawing for the hostess special for May. Not only will
you be supporting a great cause but you or someone you know could get
a special product for 60% off!!!

YAHOO! Just booked another catalogue show for May!

that 20-25% is with what I will donate on top of PC. before anyone tells me its only 10-15% LOL

Deb, thanks so much for the "THINK PINK" I have emailed it to everyone I know personally and past hosts and customers...I had 3 people reply immediately that they will join the team!! No actually show bookings yet but I added a Free Salad Chopper to any one who books my remaining available May dates! So it can still happen. It was such a great idea. Good luck with yours also, I hope you get more shows too!:) :)

Just got another one! Up to 2 catty shows right now for May!:D

That is great everyone. I had an email that I had not sent out yet as I found it too wordy/detailed so this email wording is great. I'm sending out to my list tonight. May we and ACS have a great May. :D

are you submitting these as shows? or as a fundraiser?

I'm doing them as fundraisers so that ACS gets the higher donation amount.

I am so excited that you all are having success with this. I am also going to "borrow" this email and get it out tonight or tomorrow morning. Thanks for sharing!!!

I also have one person lined up to be a part of my "think pink" team and 2 orders for HWC products. I can't wait to get my email out tomorrow as well.

Deb thank you! I saw your "think pink" idea in another post, and was about to PM you about it when I saw this thread. LOVE this:D What a great way to add to your fundraiser!

I am also using this for my weekly calls. I got two more to sign on to my team last night. And I honestly only made about 10 calls! I am up to 6 now and won't be happy until I get 6 more! Keep up the good work!

I sent an email out titled "Help Which Cancer - Cany you help me out?" and attached the pre order form. I had one host who was on the fence book and got a couple of orders.

Chef Diane said:
After reading this post this morning I sent out an email and got 1 yes response in less than an hour.

Here is what I sent out

subject: Can You Pass A Book?!?!?!?!

Can you pass a book around? I am doing a pass a book fundraiser for
the American Cancer Society (ACS). All you have to do is look through
the book, call or email me your order and pass the book on. The next
person does the same. Its that simple!

The ACS will receive 20-25% of the sales, plus $1 for each of
the "pink" items sold. With enough people involved we could raise $200-
$300 or MORE just by passing the book on.

I will also be drawing for the hostess special for May. Not only will
you be supporting a great cause but you or someone you know could get
a special product for 60% off!!!
BTW: Love the wording on this!

Finally edited my email and sent and got a response within 2 minutes of sending it! Whoo-hoo! I hope I get at least a handful of volunteers!?!

I have a quick question about the HWC fundraisers. Who do we put as the organization - ACS? I also sent out an e-mail inviting people to join my team. I've already got 1 person who wants to place an order. I know a few people who really aren't into the pink products, so I told them that they could order anything in the catalog since I'm turning it in as a fundraiser. So on top of the $1 for each HWC product, they donate 20-25% to ACS right?? Just double checking since I'm still new at this! :)

ahammons said:
I have a quick question about the HWC fundraisers. Who do we put as the organization - ACS? I also sent out an e-mail inviting people to join my team. I've already got 1 person who wants to place an order. I know a few people who really aren't into the pink products, so I told them that they could order anything in the catalog since I'm turning it in as a fundraiser. So on top of the $1 for each HWC product, they donate 20-25% to ACS right?? Just double checking since I'm still new at this! :)

When you use PP or P3 there is a place to mark "HWC fundraiser". I put Help Whip Cancer as the organization but I'm not sure that is correct.

Donations for an HWC fundraiser are between 15-25% depending on the show level. And for each HWC item purchased HWC also gets $1.

Oh, ok - thanks!

Has anyone done the press release? I'm just wondering if it helps w/ bookings, etc. I just sent out my e-mail yesterday, and still haven't heard from anyone (except the one who wants to place an order). Maybe it's b/c I'm just starting with PC and I've already asked everyone to book a show. (Even though I only have 4 catalog shows and 1 cooking show lined up between now and July) I'm just not having much luck getting bookings, and I'm really trying not to get discouraged. My husband and I are planning on attending a Going-Away party for some of our friends who are PCSing on Saturday, but I think there's only going to be 1 or two other women there....hopefully I'm wrong and I can make some new contacts! :) Any advice on getting outside of family and friends?? I guess I expected a better response from everyone, so now I just need to look outside of my circle to build my business.

It really helps to get on the phone (or instant messager) to follow-up after sending an email as many people don't respond to emails but will respond positively to phone calls.

Thanks, I'll have to try calling some of them tomorrow.

I also have another question. :) For the ACS to receive the additional $3 for every show booked from a HWC fundraiser, does the show have to be held within 6 months? I thought I read that somewhere, but I can't seem to find it now.

One more question.... sorry, I keep thinking of more to ask as soon as I post one! :)

If I'm the one doing the fundraiser, am I considered the chairperson??

ACS does NOT get the booking benefit as they are doing higher %s.

You can be the chairperson. In my case the chairperson will change once I know who is winning the free host special.

Oh, I thought it said they get an additional $3 on the HWC fundraiser flyer I downloaded from CC. Maybe I read it wrong.

From the HWC special insert:

Note: The increased donation applies to Help Whip Cancer®
Fundraisers in May only. Fundraiser commissions will
remain the same. Booking benefit does not apply.

<h2>1. How did I get a book party so quickly after sending out an email?</h2><p>Congratulations on getting a book party so quickly! It's likely that the email you sent out was very effective in catching the attention of potential hosts. Your "Think Pink" team theme may have resonated with people and motivated them to want to support your cause. Also, your enthusiasm and passion for Pampered Chef may have been evident in your email, making people eager to book a party with you.</p><h2>2. What can I expect at a book party?</h2><p>At a book party, you can expect to have a fun and interactive cooking demonstration with our high-quality Pampered Chef products. The host will invite friends and family to attend the party and you will have the opportunity to showcase our products and share tips and recipes. It's a great way to introduce people to Pampered Chef and earn rewards for yourself as well.</p><h2>3. How do I prepare for a book party?</h2><p>Before the book party, make sure you have all the necessary materials and products for the demonstration. It's also important to familiarize yourself with the products and their features so you can answer any questions from guests. You may also want to create a game or giveaway to make the party more exciting and engaging.</p><h2>4. Can I customize the theme of my book party?</h2><p>Yes, you can certainly customize the theme of your book party to make it more personal and unique. Our products can be used for various types of parties such as bridal showers, holiday gatherings, or even a ladies' night in. Get creative and have fun with it!</p><h2>5. What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef book party?</h2><p>Hosting a Pampered Chef book party comes with many benefits. As a host, you will receive free products and discounts based on the sales from your party. You will also have the opportunity to try out new recipes and learn cooking tips from your consultant. Plus, it's a great way to spend time with friends and family while earning rewards for yourself.</p>

Related to Book Party Already? How Did I Get One So Fast?

1. How did I get a book party so quickly after sending out an email?

Congratulations on getting a book party so quickly! It's likely that the email you sent out was very effective in catching the attention of potential hosts. Your "Think Pink" team theme may have resonated with people and motivated them to want to support your cause. Also, your enthusiasm and passion for Pampered Chef may have been evident in your email, making people eager to book a party with you.

2. What can I expect at a book party?

At a book party, you can expect to have a fun and interactive cooking demonstration with our high-quality Pampered Chef products. The host will invite friends and family to attend the party and you will have the opportunity to showcase our products and share tips and recipes. It's a great way to introduce people to Pampered Chef and earn rewards for yourself as well.

3. How do I prepare for a book party?

Before the book party, make sure you have all the necessary materials and products for the demonstration. It's also important to familiarize yourself with the products and their features so you can answer any questions from guests. You may also want to create a game or giveaway to make the party more exciting and engaging.

4. Can I customize the theme of my book party?

Yes, you can certainly customize the theme of your book party to make it more personal and unique. Our products can be used for various types of parties such as bridal showers, holiday gatherings, or even a ladies' night in. Get creative and have fun with it!

5. What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef book party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef book party comes with many benefits. As a host, you will receive free products and discounts based on the sales from your party. You will also have the opportunity to try out new recipes and learn cooking tips from your consultant. Plus, it's a great way to spend time with friends and family while earning rewards for yourself.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaggieChef13
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
vsweet01
  • naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • ChefBeckyD