• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Biggest Loser Season 8 Premiere Recap: Shocking Weights and Emotional Moments

In summary, Lisa Amanda was the babysitter for someone and she missed the show because she was out, two people in the hospital and one is still there after the first week, Daniel returned and I am so excited, Jillian and Bob were really shocked at 6 people over 400 pounds, WOW!, and Lisa Amanda thinks the show should learn that killing people at the challenges or workouts is going to eventually kill them.
They don't show Tracey's workouts- but she does exercise, just not the killer-gym stuff like the rest. She's walking alot (which is what MOST normal folks do to lose the weight- at least initially), and she was in the pool doing stuff there....so that would add up- combined with the food.But yes, it was dirty pool. Not too surprised that Mo fell on his sword for his teammate/partner. maybe that's why she kept him on HER team and split everyone else up. She knew he wouldn't let anything happen to her.

Tracy drives me nuts. Her faces she makes just make me want to scream. She knew she was going home, and I am so mad they didnt send her home. She thinks she is so innocent whatever.

Last week she was told that she could not work out at all and she dropped tons of weight.

I LOVED what Shay said, about no one was going to control her again. They could throw up road blocks, but she was in control. (Or basically that's what she said) and I was like "In YOUR FACE Tracey!!"

I was so excited for Liz too with her weight loss this week!!

I sit there and yell at the TV, my hubby asks why I watch if I get so upset.
I said, well I get attached and feel like I want to defend my friends who are getting stepped on, even though I don't know a one of them personally.

Lisa

Men yell at the tv during football, so we yell at the tv during weightloss shows. lol I do the same thing.

toenail1103 said:
Men yell at the tv during football, so we yell at the tv during weightloss shows. lol I do the same thing.

Love it! But then I talk back to the TV when I watch some of the other shows....like Law & Order, Smallville, CSI, NCIS to name a few!

I think somehow Coach Mo is doing better and making a difference in more lives at home! Hopefully next week will be Tracy's last. I think she was "released" to do minimal exercise this week. I so want her gone soon!

toenail1103 said:

Ain't THAT the truth!! I had JUST gotten on the phone with a host tonight and she picked up the phone at the exact moment his team scored (hockey)...he and my son were SCREAMING so loud, I couldn't hear my host! And I am upstairs at the furthest point in the house from them! That's sad.

Maybe Liz will keep the fire burning one more week and they will get rid of her NEXT. They'll fall below eventually.

I was so upset Tracy isn't gone too!! I think Mo was ready to go though. I think he was worn out from trying so hard to keep his team on, now he didn't have to worry about helping Tracy stay anymore!

I sure hope they get her soon though!

On a personal note - I'm still using my Bodybugg. I'm up to 8 lbs lost in 3 weeks (total weight loss 18 lbs)! I'm going to keep this thing for life!

Spoiler Alert

I feel so bad for the black team. By and large they kicked butt for being at home. I hated to see Dina go, but clearly she had flipped that mental switch. She looks great. I'm proud of her.

I didn't want to see anyone from the black team go home, but Dina did do a great job! I'm so happy for her!

I actually cheered when Danny weighed in. That man did an amazing job. I loved the eway he interacted with his kids, explaining why they were doing what they were doing.

Me too - I was so happy for him. He was really getting a lot of support from his wife too! He will do really well - can't wait to see him in the final.

Okay - call me Snarky...but I'm glad that whatsherface only lost 3 lbs. She's going below the line tonight!Tracey - that's her name. And I like watching her sweat. (as in be nervous about going below the line)

SPOILER!!!!

I am THRILLED that Tracey was finally voted off.

Tell us how you really feel Becky LOL
;)

I'm glad to see her off the show, too. I'm happy for her that it seems that she's continued to make better health choices at home. However, I had real issues with the way she played the game. I'm not sure she ever understood why people reacted and felt the way they did. It seemed to me that she was constantly scrambling and clawing to try to get on top, when the idea is to learn how to make long-lasting changes to your thoughts and habits.

raebates said:
I'm glad to see her off the show, too. I'm happy for her that it seems that she's continued to make better health choices at home. However, I had real issues with the way she played the game. I'm not sure she ever understood why people reacted and felt the way they did. It seemed to me that she was constantly scrambling and clawing to try to get on top, when the idea is to learn how to make long-lasting changes to your thoughts and habits.

That's just it, Rae - even when it was pointed out that choices she'd made in how to play the game were what got her voted off, she still said that she just did what she had to do...DH pointed out that plenty of people don't play like that and manage to remain there. I don't think she ever got it.

I'm so glad she got voted off too! I really like Liz!

Tracey looks really good now though!

Thanks for the update! I had a show last night so I couldn't cheer when she was kicked out. So NOW I'll do the happy dance.

How did the others do this week at their weight loss? Anything else exciting (though it can't be as exciting as Tracey getting the boot) happen?

Shay went below the 400 mark, she was really happy about that. She said she would never be over 400 again.
I was glad that Tracy got voted off and I am happy to see that she has contined to lose the weight.

I missed it because of a meeting, but when we were flipping through the channels I saw her on the Jay Leno Show.

StacieB said:
I missed it because of a meeting, but when we were flipping through the channels I saw her on the Jay Leno Show.

Yeah......what's up with that?!?!? I don't remember any of the others that were "booted off" on a talk show afterwards?!?

I am soooooooooo glad Tracey is gone - her eyes really creeped me out!! :eek:

I think they are tryng to boost Jay's ratings by getting all the Biggest Loser fans to watch his show afterward now.

Update on my Bodybugg - I've lost 15 lbs. since I got it 6 weeks ago!!

I didn't think they were supposed to make appearances like that until the end... Maybe that was just Survivor! I was so excited that she got voted off! I was watching it late and everyone was in bed, so I just had to do a "quiet" happy dance! LOL!

pampchefrhondab said:
I think they are tryng to boost Jay's ratings by getting all the Biggest Loser fans to watch his show afterward now.

Update on my Bodybugg - I've lost 15 lbs. since I got it 6 weeks ago!!

Wow Rhonda! That is amazing!

Thanks Becky!! I'm now up to 17.5 lbs.!!

It is the best tool I have ever used to lose weight!

Is the body bugg what they use on biggest loser?

yes... there are some people that use them at my gym and love them! A little pricey for me, but would love to have one on my arm! :)

chefcharity said:
yes... there are some people that use them at my gym and love them! A little pricey for me, but would love to have one on my arm! :)

I thought it was pricey too...I'm thinking of asking for one for Christmas, though.

I want Rhonda's results!

My Bodybugg is worth every penny I paid for it! I got it for $249 from 24 Hour Fitness. This included the watch which shows how many calories you burn w/o having to download to the computer. I download 1-2 times a day though. If you get just the Bodybugg you can get it for $199. I got a special. Normally the watch is an extra $100. One good thing is there was no sales tax.

For me it was spend money on Weight Watchers or the Bodybugg. I chose the Bodybugg. It keeps me on track. The best thing is I can eat what I want within reason. Before when I would diet I would starve myself thinking I couldn't eat anyting. Or if I would eat something I felt I shouldn't eat when I'm on a diet I would think I blew it for today anyway, I might as well eat what I want now and just give up. I burn 3,000 calories a day and eat about 1,500. If I burn less by not working out, I eat less. If I know I'm going out to dinner I'll try to figure up my calories and cut back earlier in the day or do a harder workout. One week I had a very slight gain, but I knew it was water gain because of my calorie deficit each day - the next week I was down 5 lbs.! Before I would have just given up!

I will have a Bodybugg for life! The software program is great. You can take a recipe you may have had in the family for years, key in all the ingredients and it will calculate the nutritional info. for you. I keyed in a PC recipe and it was right on w/calories and all! It's great now I know how many calories are in those recipes of mine! The software also shows your daily goal, weekly goal and long term goal. I love seeing the downward line and I'm staying under it each week! Once I reach my goal it will be so much easier not to gain the weight back as well. I will have to make sure I don't eat more calores then I burn.

The price of my Bodybugg is cheaper then the medical bills I would have to pay if I became diabetic, complications with arthritis, heart disease, etc. I was on the verge of diabeties. I know because I used my husband's meter. My sugar is now normal! It's worth every penny I paid for it.

One more thing, it is very heavy duty. The watch you can clip on to the band on your arm instead of wearing it as a watch - I clip it on my bra stap. One time I accidently put it through the washer - it survived w/no problems:)!

The armband includes 6 months of the software - then you pay $9/month. It also includes one coaching session for 45 minutes. This helps get you started and they answer any questions you have. You can even pay to keep a coach for once a month or once a week - whatever you choose. I only used the coach one time.

Sounds awesome!!

Go SHAY!!!!! I even clapped while watching! :D

I can't believe she's under the yellow line with that number. It's just so hard. I think Daniel's going home. If he's the one against Shay I think he'll ask everyone to let Shay stay.

raebates said:
I can't believe she's under the yellow line with that number. It's just so hard. I think Daniel's going home. If he's the one against Shay I think he'll ask everyone to let Shay stay.

I agree, Rae. I hate that it could be either of them though.

I don't want any of these three people to go home. I'm going to miss Daniel. I'm sure he's made that mental switch that will help him, though. I'm really concerned about Shay. I think Amanda would be okay.

raebates said:
I don't want any of these three people to go home. I'm going to miss Daniel. I'm sure he's made that mental switch that will help him, though. I'm really concerned about Shay. I think Amanda would be okay.

Again, I agree. :D

But I hate seeing any of them leave too. Actually, I'm not sure who I would vote to leave. Now that yucky woman is gone, I really like them all.

I couldn't believe with that percentage and number, that Shay was below and then that they sent her home! But at least she made that milestone. I'm curious why they didn't show her "after" photo (or else I missed it).

I'm so mad they sent Shay home!! For some reason I just can't stand Amanda! I wanted her to go home before Tracey!! She is just such a cry baby - oh poor me. I was always the fat girl...... ugh!!!

I'm really worried Shay may have gained her weight back since they didn't show her at the end. Daniel is still making progress, but not as much weight loss as I thought he would have.

Finally, the whiner is gone! I hated her "woe is me" attitude. Sure, she needs to lose a lot of weight, but she just really grated on me.

I'm really worried Shay may have gained her weight back since they didn't show her at the end.

Hubby and I wondered and worried the same thing. Without Jillian pushing her I hope she did not give up. But when you get back into the real world, the one that got you that heavy to begin, it's not as easy as you'd think. (I've talked with the guy who's our "local" biggest loser and he said coming back home is harder than he ever imagined.)

Daniel is still making progress, but not as much weight loss as I thought he would have.

I was so excited to see how he's doing, that's he's continuing to lose, that's the main goal, and actually 1-2 lbs. a week is MUCH healthier than the big #'s. Let's face it, in the real world, you don't continually drop those 8-10 pounds in a week, as you have a real job to go to and not a job of working out the 8-10 hours a day like you do on the ranch.

I was also very saddened by watching him with his friend, Steven. He's see's what he was 2 years ago and sees how Steven struggles, wants to help and Steven is just not there, yet. Steven looks heavier than he did before and so sad, but he's right, until he's ready to do it and commit to it, it's not going to work.

I personally wanted Amanda to go home, she's so much closer to her goals than Shay. Or the other pink team girl. I love pink, but those 2 whine ALLOT.

Lisa

I didn't want any of them to leave either, but I was SHOCKED that they send Shay home! They didn't show her "after" photo, but she was on Jay Leno afterwards and she looked amazing!!! My hubby said that she told Jay she'd lost 150 lbs!!!! And Daniel?? He looked amazing too! Wow - such transformations!

pampchefrhondab said:
I'm so mad they sent Shay home!! For some reason I just can't stand Amanda! I wanted her to go home before Tracey!! She is just such a cry baby - oh poor me. I was always the fat girl...... ugh!!!

I'm really worried Shay may have gained her weight back since they didn't show her at the end. Daniel is still making progress, but not as much weight loss as I thought he would have.

Maybe Shay's transformation has been so amazing that they are waiting until the end to do a final reveal! (that's what I'm rooting for, anyway!)

I just checked out their videos on the NBC website. Shay is down to 339 lbs. She has 6 trainers working with her - the volunteered to help her. So she is doing well.

Daniel said he struggled his first week back at home and gained 17 lbs. in one week. That's why he's not down as much as I thought he would be since he had to lose the 17 lbs. again. He is seeing a therapist on why he over eats and is doing much better.

Okay, so I didn't even recognize Danny after the makeover. He and Liz definitely fared best.

The drama at the end was sad. I can't say that Rudy was ever my favorite contestant. But, after he (IMHO) misled Shay last week and made such cryptic comments at this week's, he's now my least favorite of the ones left.

I still need to watch last night episode, but I have to agree Rae, that Rudy is my least favorite. I was so appalled by his actions on the last episode. He was so obnoxious to Shay during that challenge and then at the vote his comments were so hypocritical from what he was saying before the vote.The older woman, shoot I forgot her name--drives me nuts. I do admit it's great that she's been doing so well and showing America that an older person can do just as well, if not better than anyone. But she's been so "in your face" with that on her private camera things. She ridiculed the "younger" players saying that they weren't sincere in their emotions during an earlier vote. She's constantly so bold and bully-like in her remarks that she just rubs me the wrong way.

Yeah, I can't say I really like Liz. I did like her makeover, though.

Rebecca looks good though! They didn't say in the before/after photo what her weight loss is- but in her comments- she said 107 lbs! She lost an additional 34 or so after leaving the show! She looks great!

Yeah, she looks great.

Rebecca is my favorite but.............I didn't like what they did to her hair. I loved, loved, loved her hair before the makeover. It was unique and suited her personality. Now they just made her look more like Alley that won a few seasons back. I'm hoping she grows her hair back out some and leans more toward the old style.

Don't like Liz or Rudy much at all. Liz gets on my nerves.....especially when she said she was 49 and didn't have many years left to make a change in her life. She's middle aged, not a senior citizen for heavens sake! And Rudy is just out and out dishonest.

I like Danny okay and I love Amanda - and didn't she look great! But still Rebecca is my favorite!

Did you all watch Leno and hear that Rebecca and Dan (orange team) are dating now. That is two romances from this season, maybe it is because they have a younger group of people.

I watched Leno and have to say that if I didn't like Rebecca before, her pompous arrogance really turned me off. She looks fab (however her skirt was clearly too tight) but she is so self-absorbed sounding - no matter how well she has done, I find her to be repulsive.

My fav Abby left....now I have no idea who to root for. Ho hum.

<h2>1. What were some of the most shocking moments from the Season 8 premiere of "Biggest Loser"?</h2><p>The Season 8 premiere of "Biggest Loser" was full of emotional and shocking moments. Two contestants were immediately sent to the hospital, and one remained there for the entire first week. Additionally, trainers Jillian and Bob were shocked to see six contestants weighing over 400 pounds. The return of fan-favorite contestant Daniel was also a surprising and exciting moment for viewers.</p><h2>2. Who was the contestant that returned for Season 8 and why was their return significant?</h2><p>Daniel, a contestant from a previous season, returned for Season 8 of "Biggest Loser". His return was significant because he was a fan favorite and many viewers were disappointed when he did not win his season. It was also revealed that Daniel had continued to lose weight since the Season Finale, which was a pleasant surprise for fans.</p><h2>3. What was the emotional moment involving contestant Abby and her family?</h2><p>One of the most emotional moments from the Season 8 premiere was when contestant Abby's family was shown. Abby's family was seen struggling with their own weight and health issues, which brought tears to the eyes of both the trainers and viewers. This moment highlighted the impact that the show has on not just the contestants, but their loved ones as well.</p><h2>4. How did trainers Jillian and Bob react to seeing six contestants weighing over 400 pounds?</h2><p>Trainers Jillian and Bob were visibly shocked when they saw six contestants weighing over 400 pounds. This weight is considered extremely high and can be dangerous for a person's health. Their reactions showed the severity of the contestants' situations and the challenges they will face during their weight loss journey.</p><h2>5. What were some of the standout moments from the Season 8 premiere of "Biggest Loser"?</h2><p>Aside from the shocking and emotional moments, there were also some standout moments in the Season 8 premiere of "Biggest Loser". The return of Daniel, the touching moment with Abby and her family, and the overall determination and dedication of the contestants were all highlights of the episode. Additionally, the weight loss results from the first week were impressive and gave viewers a glimpse of the transformations to come.</p>

1. What were some of the most shocking moments from the Season 8 premiere of "Biggest Loser"?

The Season 8 premiere of "Biggest Loser" was full of emotional and shocking moments. Two contestants were immediately sent to the hospital, and one remained there for the entire first week. Additionally, trainers Jillian and Bob were shocked to see six contestants weighing over 400 pounds. The return of fan-favorite contestant Daniel was also a surprising and exciting moment for viewers.

2. Who was the contestant that returned for Season 8 and why was their return significant?

Daniel, a contestant from a previous season, returned for Season 8 of "Biggest Loser". His return was significant because he was a fan favorite and many viewers were disappointed when he did not win his season. It was also revealed that Daniel had continued to lose weight since the Season Finale, which was a pleasant surprise for fans.

3. What was the emotional moment involving contestant Abby and her family?

One of the most emotional moments from the Season 8 premiere was when contestant Abby's family was shown. Abby's family was seen struggling with their own weight and health issues, which brought tears to the eyes of both the trainers and viewers. This moment highlighted the impact that the show has on not just the contestants, but their loved ones as well.

4. How did trainers Jillian and Bob react to seeing six contestants weighing over 400 pounds?

Trainers Jillian and Bob were visibly shocked when they saw six contestants weighing over 400 pounds. This weight is considered extremely high and can be dangerous for a person's health. Their reactions showed the severity of the contestants' situations and the challenges they will face during their weight loss journey.

5. What were some of the standout moments from the Season 8 premiere of "Biggest Loser"?

Aside from the shocking and emotional moments, there were also some standout moments in the Season 8 premiere of "Biggest Loser". The return of Daniel, the touching moment with Abby and her family, and the overall determination and dedication of the contestants were all highlights of the episode. Additionally, the weight loss results from the first week were impressive and gave viewers a glimpse of the transformations to come.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • AJPratt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies