• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

BFT Prep: Is Refrigeration Before Serving Really Necessary?

In summary, refrigeration is necessary for BFT (Bruschetta, Feta, and Tomato) prep in order to ensure food safety and maintain the freshness of the ingredients. We recommend refrigerating BFT for at least 30 minutes before serving, but it can also be refrigerated for up to 24 hours. It is not recommended to leave BFT out at room temperature for an extended period of time before serving. No, refrigerating BFT will not affect the taste or texture of the dish. While it is possible to freeze BFT, it is not recommended as it may affect the texture and consistency. It is best to consume BFT within 24 hours of refrigeration for optimal taste and texture.
pamperedpnina
I'm doing the BFT at my party on Sunday, the recipe says to refrigerate for at least 30min before serving is that really necessary????

I just did this recipe on last Friday night and no not really..... I just refrigerated as soon as I was done and it only sat in the fridge for about 10-15 minutes.... from the time that I finished and showed a few little "extra collections" for the holidays and then did my door prize drawing/recruiting talk...it tasted just fine and I got many compliments.... and idea would be to put it in the freezer too.... probably would help it set quicker....
BTW.... extra tip.... it doesn't call for the EAD but I bought a bigger thing of cool whip and pipped cool whip around the edge of the bowl and I sold 3-4 decorators at that show!
Good luck!;)

Not sure if it's necessary to refrigerate the trifle, but it is sooooo good. And, it's very pretty. Using the EAD is a great idea. I think the trifle could have used some more cream cheese/pudding filling. If you buy an extra box of pudding, cool whip, and extra cream cheese, maybe you could pipe that mixture around the top. Then you could eat any leftovers later. Ooooo, that sounds really yummy!

um....my guests dove in right after we finished making it and it was yuuuuuuuummy!

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I can assure you that refrigerating the BFT (Bacon, Feta, and Tomato) recipe for at least 30 minutes before serving is highly recommended. This allows the flavors to fully develop and the ingredients to set, resulting in a more delicious and cohesive dish. Trust me, it's worth the wait! Happy cooking and enjoy your party on Sunday!

1. Is refrigeration necessary for BFT prep?

Yes, refrigeration is necessary for BFT (Bruschetta, Feta, and Tomato) prep in order to ensure food safety and maintain the freshness of the ingredients.

2. How long should BFT be refrigerated before serving?

We recommend refrigerating BFT for at least 30 minutes before serving, but it can also be refrigerated for up to 24 hours.

3. Can BFT be left out at room temperature before serving?

It is not recommended to leave BFT out at room temperature for an extended period of time before serving. It is best to refrigerate the dish until ready to serve.

4. Will refrigerating BFT affect the taste or texture?

No, refrigerating BFT will not affect the taste or texture of the dish. In fact, it can help enhance the flavors and allow the ingredients to meld together.

5. Can I freeze BFT for later use?

While it is possible to freeze BFT, we do not recommend it as it may affect the texture of the ingredients and can result in a watery consistency once thawed. It is best to consume BFT within 24 hours of refrigeration for optimal taste and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lpacker
  • lakamper
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Tad