• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bevs & Bites: Cooking Demo for Young Partygoers

In summary, Ann is worried that the 22 year old male will have a "party" atmosphere at the show and she needs ideas on how to keep the interest of the attendees. She suggests games, quality/warranty items, and hands-on demos. She also suggests that the host tell his friends that he is trying to earn things free and asks for advice on what to do if he is serious about the business.
chefdianne
Silver Member
I have a show coming up at the end of this month where the host is a young, 22 year old male who loves to cook, never had a show before, never bought a product before but wants to not only buy the consultant kit because it's a steal but I suggested him having his own show and inviting friends, girlfriend and anyone interested in possibly having a fun time while getting him free stuff. He took me up on the offer and now I have my work cut out because he and all of his friends will be planning on a "party" type atmosphere and he wants to do something in the line of the Bevs and Bites theme. Naturally, I have no problem doing the typical show with this theme but these are probably going to be all a "much younger than I" group and who knows if anyone will actually be there for interest in product, other than the host himself. I was wondering if anyone out here has any ideas in mind to hold the interest of this age group, like games or other ideas?? Nothing worse than a nearing 40 year old pregnant consultant doing a cooking demo for a bunch of fun loving drunk youngsters. The host doesn't care if anyone buys anything but I don't want to stand there making a complete idiot of myself and spend time there while people walk around just having a party.

Has he confirmed that he will be serving alcohol?

The reason I ask is that maybe you could request that he wait to serve that until after your demo???? Then you would have their attention, do thier orders and then they could party away. Just an idea of a way around the "party" atmosphere.

I think you need to make a point of having the host tell his friends that he's trying to earn some things free and can do that only when they purchase things. Focus on items that are basics and useful for easy cooking: can opener, small stones, QSP, etc. I'd also focus on quality/warranty, as these folks are (generally) less likely to have a lot of extra money and are probably the type to shop at a discount store for kitchen wares. If possible, make the demo hands-on - they'll probably love to razz whatever friend is the helper of the moment, and it's a good way to keep them from just sitting and drinking.

Leave it to Ann to think of everything. I like the idea of having someone help so that they can razz you. Do you know that his friends are definately the rowdie type?? I am just wondering, just because he is 22 doesn't mean that he is definately the wild type. I am just thinking that it would be funny if you show up and they are a real mellow group.

I dont know what I would say honestly, but Im 24, and have friends that are younger than me..(20-23) and have come to my shows and been big buyers.. (they have theyre own places) .. but i would just straight up ask what he is intending at this show, and he may not be intending "partying" and if he is, let him know what you have planned to do, and see what he says... I hope that helps, I know i do not have experience in this, but if he is truly interested in the biz, then i think he will take it serious. (hopefully)!!!

Yes, he will be serving alcohol as I believe he liked the recipe for the cran raspberry fizz mixed with the flavored vodka. Love the ideas. Please keep them coming. I don't think I'll be able to ask them to hold off on serving drinks but maybe if I do a quickie type recipe, I can get the demo over with and not feel like the deer in headlights and blend in a little. I love the audience participation as I usually do that at all my shows. I rarely play games at shows anymore because they take up so much more time than necessary but I thought maybe there is something that I could incorporate in to keep the attention span. I will be talking to him to find out specifics as to who still lives at home, who's engaged (registry potential) and who is out on their own and I have encouraged him to invite his male friends as they usually get into the BBQ tools. I am probably the only person that doesn't watch Grey's but I know that is very popular with the younger crowd at this time but I wouldn't know how to try to incorporate blending in with all of this.

Does he understand that the consultant kit is not just a product? That he needs to do 4 shows for it??

Like Heather, I have had many shows with younger crowds & most of them spend more than my 40 year old crowds! Plus one of my shows I had with guests that stopped by to get drinks on their way in was a 40-something group! And I was the nearing 30 younger pregnant consultant!

I actually just did a show for a crowd like this (only mostly girls) and it was great ($1300 in sales and 7 bookings great!) I would encourage him to also include family members and friends he might have that are older and more experienced in the kitchen. But realize that these kids grew up on Pampered Chef! Their parents knew all about it and most of them do too! Also realize that this age of kids DO cook! My best customer at my show was 23, single, and LOVES to cook. And without kids, this age group has disposible income like parents don't!
I have a show with another one who was young and no kids (booked of the above one) this monday and we are doing bites and bevs. We decided for hers to have all the food ready, let people mingle, and then I will talk for 20-30 minutes about some of the products, my story, booking. She wanted a more "fun, laid-back" atmosphere.
Good luck! I am sure it will be great!

Yeah i was going to say like Robin, Do a no demo show, just let them hang back and mingle, have some oreos or some veggies for them to "try" the products.. kinda like a booth. you just be there if they have questions! Mingle with them, and you might get bookings! You never know how the crowd will be! I also think its a good idea that he invites his family. He will need those 4 shows, and they will probally be the ones to give it to him!

Make the Cran-Raspberry Fizz part of the demo. It shows some great tools, and ones that even people who don't cook would like to have (Use the Ice Cream Scoop for the sorbet!)
If he likes to cook, and is excited about the products, chances are his friends are probably alot like him. AND just because they want alcoholic beverages does not mean they are all looking to get smashed! There are young adults who drink responsibly, and aren't just out prowling for their next kegger!

Last edited:
unfortunately, I don't think he is actually going to "sign up" officially. As much as I would love to think he would do it and have been encouraging him to do so, since he loves to cook and owns his own landscaping seasonal business for the summer, I don't think he would seriously pursue the consultant career. Just take advantage of the discounted amount of merchandise in the kit, like others do so often. I wish I could get him to sign. He's a very nice looking young man and would probably win over ladies left and right at shows as a consultant. They'd be eating out of his hands, literally!!!
Thank you all so much for your input. This is such a huge help!!

Is he single??? As I stated in the Rachel Rae thread I am looking. LOL.

Our friend, who is about 25 had a show for my in Dec. It was a huge hit!! He had a mix of people there, mostly teachers, but everyone bought something. Even the person who I least likely thought would buy something, bought the apple slicer/corer. So there really is something for everyone (and alcohol was served before/during the demo and really the group asked a lot of questions. MY DH was in the crowd helping sell knives etc. It was a $1000 show!

chefheidi2003 said:

Yes, single but already dating someone.

chefheidi2003 said:
Not to hijack, but I had a thread about here somewhere about match.com, etc! Lucky me soon after I started that I met a wonderful guy locally...so I didn't need to use all of that advice! Good luck;)

chefdianne said:
unfortunately, I don't think he is actually going to "sign up" officially. Just take advantage of the discounted amount of merchandise in the kit, like others do so often. I wish I could get him to sign.

The problem is that he IS signing & is making a contract with PC when buying this. This is not a product grouping--it's beginning a business. If he wants all of those products, he should work on having a fantastic show so he can get them for free!

Sorry to hijack! I just don't think it's right when people take advantage of things. My only recruit appears to be a kitnapper (didn't know that when she signed up) so it's an issue that gets me going!!

Good luck with the show. I think it will be fun--just keep it short! I like the idea of doing the fizz drink in the demo--keeps them from drinking it until after the show!

All I could think when I saw this thread was to set up a game of "pong" (I'm not sure if that's what it's called, but they played it on Big Brother) using the prep bowls. But, I don't think that's what you were actually looking for...

Just had to share my private giggle...hehehehehehe...we're talking a whole new theme show here...TPC does pong!

haha kitnapper. Cute!

chefdianne said:
unfortunately, I don't think he is actually going to "sign up" officially. As much as I would love to think he would do it and have been encouraging him to do so, since he loves to cook and owns his own landscaping seasonal business for the summer, I don't think he would seriously pursue the consultant career. Just take advantage of the discounted amount of merchandise in the kit, like others do so often. I wish I could get him to sign. He's a very nice looking young man and would probably win over ladies left and right at shows as a consultant. They'd be eating out of his hands, literally!!!
Thank you all so much for your input. This is such a huge help!!

I wish you all the luck at your show and hope it's huge for you but, as stated the "start up kit" is just that. It's not meant to be used as a sale item. It is against the rules to sell somebody the "start up kit" knowing that it's not for the beginning of their biz with PC.

feather18 said:
haha kitnapper. Cute!

Trust me it's not cute, people do this all the time and it's really hard on the consultant to get your hopes up and then somebody just takes advantage of you.;)

Just because he is young, doesn't mean it will be a rowdy party! I did a show on Tuesday a 50ish crowd and it was my rowdiest! My friend Megan and I were the youngest ones there and we were the only ones not drinking!
I went there expecting to do my spiel but she decided I could just take orders. So I set up some products to look at and catalogs and order forms. Well, some of the drunker ones decided they were too drunk to fill out order forms so I entered their names in P3 and they looked through the catalog and told me whatthey wanted! I sat on the living room floor while they all chatted and had a good time and every now and again would be like like "OOH I want this..." then 3 more would be like "Me too!." I left with $429 in sales and she is going to get a few more before she closes! I also got a booking!
And just because they are young it doesn't mean they don't love our products! I just signed a 19 year old. I prejudged her at first thinking she was young and probably not interested in PC type stuff. She called me a few weeks later to schedule a show, and then signed! Turns out she loves PC and hosted her first show as a girl scout!!

I think it would be worth chatting with him a little more about the business aspect of PC. Maybe he could use his show as a kick off show for his business, the guys do so great in PC!! Maybe he'd at least think about being a catty consultant or PT; anything to keep him from being a kitnapper!! :eek:

Serving Alcohol at Shows / Male Consultants
quiverfull7 said:
Has he confirmed that he will be serving alcohol?
I have many a show where we serve alcohol. I usually coach my host by explaining:

"Alcoholic drinks are a lot like breasts. One is not enough, Three is too many, and Two is just right! We want your guests to pay attention to the show so that they will know what products they'll want to purchase. This will ultimately affect your FREE product shopping spree. After the demo, we can cut loose a little more if you'd like. Sound like a plan?"

Also, remind him how most top chefs are men. Share with him the past articles of David Meenan, Tom Marston, Don Funt, etc to show him that many of our top performance consultants are men. David had $15K+ in sales in August alone if my memory serves me correctly.

Happy Selling,
Rita

Last edited:
rwester said:
I have many a show where we serve alcohol. I usually coach my host by explaining:
"Alcoholic drinks are a lot like breasts. One is not enough, Three is too many, and Two is just right! We want your guests to pay attention to the show so that they will know what products they'll want to purchase. This will ultimately affect your FREE product shopping spree. After the demo, we can cut loose a little more if you'd like. Sound like a plan?"

Also, remind him how most top chefs are men. Share with him the past articles of David Meenan, Tom Marston, Don Funt, etc to show him that many of our top performance consultants are men. David had $15K+ in sales in August alone if my memory serves me correctly.

Happy Selling,
Rita

I like what you said about breasts that was funny.

Also David had a $40K month a few months ago but I don't remember which month it was.

Yes. $41+ in PERSONAL sales, $47K+ for FIRST LINE CLUSTER sales for the month of March. Pretty nice little paycheck.

:confused: hey about the kitnapper i liked the play on words, not the fact that it happens!

I myself am 24, and just signed up this week as a consultant. I had my first Pampered Chef show about 1 month ago, main reason: first home, new kitchen. I understand what you mean about the "partying." I would ask him if he plans on serving alcoholic beverages, and just explain to him that you'd prefer if he waits until after the show, or at least half way through. I personally think this is possibly one of the better age groups because you have people who are getting married, buying houses for the first time who need kitchen stuff. My husband was thrilled when I said I wanted to sell the stuff!

chefdianne said:
unfortunately, I don't think he is actually going to "sign up" officially. As much as I would love to think he would do it and have been encouraging him to do so, since he loves to cook and owns his own landscaping seasonal business for the summer, I don't think he would seriously pursue the consultant career. Just take advantage of the discounted amount of merchandise in the kit, like others do so often. I wish I could get him to sign. He's a very nice looking young man and would probably win over ladies left and right at shows as a consultant. They'd be eating out of his hands, literally!!! Thank you all so much for your input. This is such a huge help!!

you should tell him this.and like another poster said look at all the men in PC who are raking in the $$$. Being a landscaper he might need that extra income over the winter.

feather18 said:
:confused: hey about the kitnapper i liked the play on words, not the fact that it happens!

Oh I know what you meant:)

ok good! I do hate that people think they can do that! We have in our cluster one recruit who signed up, and did NOTHING. My director had to stay on her and stay on her to do something. She finally turned in a catty show, that was like 150 or so, maybe not even.. When i signed up i KNEW what it was. people just think they can get away with it. But PC doesnt let them. and thats good!

rennea said:
I wish you all the luck at your show and hope it's huge for you but, as stated the "start up kit" is just that. It's not meant to be used as a sale item. It is against the rules to sell somebody the "start up kit" knowing that it's not for the beginning of their biz with PC.

It's just my suspicion that he would do this, it's not cut in stone (no pun intended) or anything yet. He tallied up the cost of 4 things that he wanted, they are all in the kit and he figured out that the cost of just those 4 things together were more than the entire kit. I am encouraging him to sign up as a true consultant and move forward with all the fabulous rewards and benes as a consultant. I do not promote selling a kit to anyone, never have, never would, just so they can get a discount on the merchandise. Like all recruits, what they do with it after they sign is totally up to them, regardless of how much motivation and encouragement and guidance you give them.

I just got my first recruit who literally just wanted to really do this and she is just getting started. I am not big on recruiting so usually I don't even talk about the kit except for a few minutes at my shows.

I don't break rules and for the record get totally insensed with all the rule breaking that does occur on places like MY SPACE and EBAY and don't understand why the HO cannot deactivate the offenders but that is an entirely other subject.

:yuck:

reba515 said:
you should tell him this.and like another poster said look at all the men in PC who are raking in the $$$. Being a landscaper he might need that extra income over the winter.

Did that already, in fact told him that the men (although few and far between in PC) do REALLY WELL. He is a pretty fine looking youngster and is a nice person who takes time to talk to elderly people, even though he'd probably be hanging out with the boys and slamming some down, but he is responsible about his business already and I am really sure he would do well with this, especially considering his passion for cooking. I know he would do really well. At this point, I am not pushing the envelope for fear of scaring him off completely. After all, he came to my door asking for a catalog out of the blue (I've known him for about 2 years) but he mows for my mom and one time I mentioned PC and he didn't know what it even was, so the fact that he remembered it and wanted cooking tools from PC was impressive at his age, I think.

I already told him that he could sell the ladies on anything with his charming nature. He knows he has the charm but doesn't act like it, do you know what I mean?

I just hope he can get enough people buying on his show to make the qualifying total so he can get the stuff he wants for free. The threads here have been very positive about the younger crowds so that is encouraging to me.

:thumbup:

PChef_ang said:
I think it would be worth chatting with him a little more about the business aspect of PC. Maybe he could use his show as a kick off show for his business, the guys do so great in PC!! Maybe he'd at least think about being a catty consultant or PT; anything to keep him from being a kitnapper!! :eek:

Got it!!! Will give it my best shot! Thanks again!!!

Hey, tell us how it went afterwards! Would love to hear! Good luck!

Yes, please stress that he cannot just buy the kit. That he is committing to do 4 shows and the kit is a business starting kit. When you sign to do PC, purchasing the kit is only part of it. If you sign, and don't do all 4 shows as far as I'm concerned it's the same as stealing.

I would suggest having different "stations" set up. Make it interactive so you aren't just talking to the crowd, get everyone involved.

Garnishes station: Ultimate Mandolin have a couple people using it to slice lemons and limes for Drinks

Simple additions station: Line up a few small squares or bowls for rimming the glasses with juice then sugar

Juice station: Someone making the cran-raz fiz with the pitcher and crushing it up with the mix n chop

If you were to do the brie, set up different stages and people joining in making this. Talk about the different tools being used, have people switch stations....keep them moving.

"WILL WORK FOR ALCOHOL" They must round thru each station before their first drink. Make it a drinking game....then put the mandolin and the knives in a safe place :eek:

HTH....I'm sure you can expand on this :D

My first show was divided into 4 shows and had $1250+ in sales. I qualified in my first show........ Earned 200 pc bucks and 2 generous incentives from my director. In other words he could qualify in his first show!How many guests does he have coming?

Related to Bevs & Bites: Cooking Demo for Young Partygoers

1. What is the Bevs & Bites cooking demo all about?

The Bevs & Bites cooking demo is a fun and interactive way to learn about kitchen gadgets and tools from Pampered Chef. It combines delicious recipes and refreshing beverages to create the perfect party atmosphere.

2. How does the Bevs & Bites cooking demo differ from a traditional Pampered Chef show?

The Bevs & Bites cooking demo is designed specifically for younger partygoers, with a focus on fun and socializing. It still includes demonstrations of Pampered Chef products and recipes, but in a more casual and lively setting.

3. Can anyone attend the Bevs & Bites cooking demo, or is it only for those interested in buying products?

Anyone can attend the Bevs & Bites cooking demo, regardless of whether they are interested in purchasing products or not. The main goal is to have a good time and learn some new cooking skills.

4. Are there any special activities or games included in the Bevs & Bites cooking demo?

Yes, the Bevs & Bites cooking demo can be customized to include fun games or activities to keep the party atmosphere going. Some examples include a blind taste test or a cooking competition between guests.

5. Is it okay if the guests at the Bevs & Bites cooking demo are more interested in partying than purchasing products?

Absolutely! The host of the cooking demo is not expecting anyone to make purchases, so feel free to relax and enjoy the party atmosphere. Our consultants are trained to keep the demo fun and engaging for all guests, regardless of their interest in buying products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Christ Follower
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • chef131doreen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • ChefDebi