• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Best Shoes for Standing All Day: A Guide

In summary, the best brands of shoes to wear standing all day are Merrell, Earthshoes, Born, and Rosa ballet flats.
Chef_2_Four
What are the best brands of shoes to wear standing all day??

I have heard that aerosoles are good, any others anyone can suggest? I will be shopping in a few weeks and I need some good shoes. So....what are the best??

Do you have any local shoe stores, Not a national chain? I find the ladies at mine here in town are a wealth of knowledge. It is amazing how they can help steer you toward the best shoe for the occasion and your foot.

etteluap70PC said:
Do you have any local shoe stores, Not a national chain? I find the ladies at mine here in town are a wealth of knowledge. It is amazing how they can help steer you toward the best shoe for the occasion and your foot.

All I have is chains with a bunch of teenage girls working....never see an adult....must hang out in the back!

I know alot of people like Crocs, or Aerosoles, etc......but I've tried alot of different shoes, and the ones I found that worked the best, when I was working as a chef - and on my feet for 12-14 hours a day - were Merrell's. I could tell a difference the very first day that I wore mine. DH has a job where he is on his feet all day too - and he wears nothing but Merrell. I have a friend who is a nurse, and she swears by them too. Here is a link.....(although we are fortunate enough to have a Merrell Outlet Store near us!;) )

Merrell - Home

CROCS!!!!! I walked around all during conference and was fine with them!!!

Crocs are wonderful, but depending on what you need them for they aren't always a choice. What do you need them for?

I forgot to finish my thought about Merrells vs. "others" - I have had other brands, that were supposed to be good for being on your feet......but I'm not sure they all take into account being ON YOUR FEET for an entire 12-14 hours! That was the difference. the other shoes I had were fine for walking, and being busy for a day - but usually, you have periods of being able to sit for a few minutes every once in a while. When I started personal cheffing, I realized very quickly that I needed shoes that would give my feet the right support for an entire day of standing and walking.....I went through all kinds of different shoes, and it was the Merrells that did the job!

I love Clarks especially if you have to stand on your feet all day. They were very popular with all the teachers I used to work with.

I like Merrells too!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my New Balance Running Shoes with Roll Bar. My ankles like to roll out which makes my high arches stressed even more. I used to have to put inserts in them until I cam across these about two days before NC in 2006. I wore these every day at NC and pretty much every day since. They were over $100, but I have gotten so much out of them - and no inserts!

Oh, and at NC last year there was a Test Kitchen gal who was wearing a Z-Coil shoe. Kind of like a clog with a spring for a heel. Haven't tried them, but she swore by them!

I love Eccos!

PChefAbey said:
Crocs are wonderful, but depending on what you need them for they aren't always a choice. What do you need them for?

I work at a middle school in the media center so I am standing or walking all day long on concrete floor well it's tiled but it feels like concrete!!

my brother and his wife swear by rainbow flip flops...they have a bit of an arch and leather straps...they wear them with everything! I tried them on and they are really nice, and have a lifetime guar. on them!Earthshoes are really nice too! My husband and I get them quite a bit!

I agree with the Merrill's but a close 2nd to those are same styled shoes at Lands End and they are a little less expensive.
I also love shoes by Born, the nice thing about these is that there are so many different styles

I have to say that my Dansko closed back clogs have been wonderful for me. Yes, they are incredibly ugly, not the least fashionable, but they work. I got my first pair years ago when I was in culinary school and our days were long, and all on our feet. The first month I could hardly walk! I got a pair of Dankso's and I was so much better. Have worn them ever since. I wear them to do all the booths/expos/etc that I do, and my shows. I have one pair for that, and another pair for the bar kitchen. My work ones are red patent leather ones that I found.

I would try to get to a shoe store that specializes in walking, etc. Try on a bunch of pairs and try to find the ones that fit you best.

Good luck, your feet will thank you for it.

I agree with Dansko's. They are the first pair of shoes I ever had that the moment I put them on and until I took them off they felt great. They are the only shoes that my feet don't hurt after wearing all day. They do have different styles. They are a little pricey but I think they are well worth it!!

When I worked for Origins, I wore Borns every single day, and never had any foot or back pain from being on my feet for hours on end. Some of my staff wore Danskos and loved them.Since then, I have found SoftWalk Shoes to be the best, most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. I bought them for NC, and I now wear them every day. I know that DSW carries some styles, but I found a wider variety at Off Broadway Shoes.

reba515 said:
I also love shoes by Born, the nice thing about these is that there are so many different styles

I second Born shoes!! And they are normally a pretty expensive shoe, but I have found a pretty good selection at TJ Maxx and Marshall's stores for about $30-40 a pair (not sure if those stores are nationwide?)

My input... SAS shoes. A little on the pricey side but well worth the $$$.

I love my Birkenstocks (I AM in Germany). But I'm not sure if they have a selection in the states to allow you to find something that would be appropriate style-wise. Here in Germany, you can find an unbelieveable amount of Birkenstock styles. But I have foot problems and my Physical Therapist actually said they're the BEST.

Related to Best Shoes for Standing All Day: A Guide

1. What qualities should I look for in shoes for standing all day?

When searching for the best shoes for standing all day, it is important to look for shoes that provide proper support and cushioning. They should also have a comfortable and roomy fit to prevent discomfort or blisters. Additionally, consider the material and durability of the shoes to ensure they can withstand long periods of standing.

2. Are there specific brands that are known for making good shoes for standing all day?

Yes, there are several brands that are known for making comfortable and durable shoes for standing all day. Some popular options include Dansko, Birkenstock, and Merrell. However, it is important to try on different brands and styles to find the best fit for your feet.

3. Can I wear athletic shoes for standing all day?

Athletic shoes can be a good option for standing all day, but it is important to choose ones with proper support and cushioning. Running or cross-training shoes are typically better than fashion sneakers for long periods of standing. It is also important to rotate between different pairs of shoes to prevent wear and tear.

4. Are there any features I should avoid when choosing shoes for standing all day?

Avoid shoes with flat soles or no arch support, as they can lead to discomfort and foot pain. High heels should also be avoided, as they can put excessive pressure on the feet and cause strain. It is also important to avoid shoes with a tight or narrow fit, as they can lead to blisters and discomfort.

5. How often should I replace my shoes for standing all day?

The lifespan of shoes for standing all day can vary depending on the brand and frequency of use. However, it is recommended to replace them every 6-12 months, or when you start to notice decreased support and cushioning. Regularly rotating between different pairs of shoes can also help prolong their lifespan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smart2cook
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sandilou
  • ilove2cookpc
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • lindseystar