• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Best Salad Recipe Suggestions??

In summary, the bbq guest wanted to try a salad, and recommended the Strawberry Spinach Salad and Mandarin Pasta Salad.
heat123
Silver Member
We have a bbq and I wanted to try a salad... anyone have any faves they recommend? I've done the Asain pasta salad and the colossal salad and the wilted spinich. Any other highly suggested ones?

Thanks!

taco salad...

brown ground beef, drain. add taco seasoning with directions (water).
let it cool.

then layer the following: kidney beans, tomatoes, lettuce, sliced or chopped olives, shredded cheese, crushed doritos (about a half of bag). Sprinkle Doritos on top, then prepare 1 good seasons dressing fresh. Pour over the top of doritos.

My mom makes this special dish May til Sept, and then our mouths water all winter for it!! It is a crowd pleaser!

Can be done in the trifle bowl.

The Strawberry Spinach Salad and Mandarin Pasta Salad are great!

Attachments

• MANDARIN PASTA SALAD.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 332
  • Strawberry Spinach Salad.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
Summer Cobb Salad

Dressing:
1 orange
1/4 cup honey
11/2 TBL vegetable oil
2 TBL rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp salt & pepper

Salad:
2 packages (10 oz each) torn romaine lettuce
1/2 medium cucumber; seeded & sliced thin
1 1/2 cups strawberries, hulled & sliced
1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
1 large carrot, peeled & julienne strips
1/4 cup coarsely grated radishes
1/2 cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
1 cup blueberries

ummm, all of these sound good!

Hands down, it's the Mandarin Pasta Salad!! Home Office needs to SERIOUSLY put this one in a more "permanent" cookbook!!!

It is, without a doubt, some of the best salad you'll EVER eat, I guarantee!!!

Best wishes!
Paula

I actually tried this with a family party and then again at another bbq party and suprisingly they weren't impressed with it!??? That was one of the few recipes I didn't get a "wow that was great" response 2x over (the other was the seafood pasta salad). ???

Wow! I'm very surprised about that one, as we just love it so much! Well, I guess everyone's entitled to their opinion, huh? <smile>

What was it they didn't care for? Did you let it sit for awhile before serving? I know that the pasta will really soak up the dressing, which gives it alot of flavor. Also, when I make it, I use extra spinach.

Obviously, it's a "flavor" thing....maybe go for a totally different slant on the dressing, and you may hit paydirt!!

There's always a fresh fruit salad, which can be really good in warm weather!!

Good luck!
Paula

Paula R. Lewis said:
Wow! I'm very surprised about that one, as we just love it so much! Well, I guess everyone's entitled to their opinion, huh? <smile>

What was it they didn't care for? Did you let it sit for awhile before serving? I know that the pasta will really soak up the dressing, which gives it alot of flavor. Also, when I make it, I use extra spinach.

Obviously, it's a "flavor" thing....maybe go for a totally different slant on the dressing, and you may hit paydirt!!

There's always a fresh fruit salad, which can be really good in warm weather!!

Good luck!
Paula
I'm not sure what it was really? I thought it was tasty! I was really suprised!:confused: I the last salad I made for them was the Colossal salad and everyone liked that one!:)

I like the Chilled Seafood Salad from the salad recipe that came out last year. My family loves it, I made it for today and have none left, my mom made potato salad and frog eye salad and she had 2 scoops out of each of hers. So I know my salad was a hit.

Chef Ritz said:
I like the Chilled Seafood Salad from the salad recipe that came out last year. My family loves it, I made it for today and have none left, my mom made potato salad and frog eye salad and she had 2 scoops out of each of hers. So I know my salad was a hit.
What is frog eye salad?

It is made with small round pasta, I don't know what the name is, with cool whip, marshmallows, mandarian oranges, and pudding. I don't know for sure what else but it is wonderful.

the pasta part sounds just a tad weird....

Chef Ritz said:
It is made with small round pasta, I don't know what the name is, with cool whip, marshmallows, mandarian oranges, and pudding. I don't know for sure what else but it is wonderful.
I think I have seen this before, never tasted it though and yes pasta does sound strange in this mixture!:confused:

The pasta is not like a noodle or and elbow, it is more like tapioca (don't know how to spell it). It is like a ball.

Tapioca sounds like it would be good in this.

Curiosity got the best of me and I looked up some recipes. The pasta is called 'Acini Di Pepe'. The photos look appetizing too.

I like the layered Southwestern Salad from the old salad cards.I don't have it in front of me, but it's got layers of:
romaine lettuce
beans (calls for 1 can, I use 2; black or pinto, drained and rinsed)
tomato
cheese
chicken
corn chipshmm.... can't remember what else. The dressing is equal parts sour cream and salsa mixed together.

try MY version of the Harvest Chicken Salad with MY salad dressing...it has been a show stopper and people call me and tell that they make it all the time and love my idea for the dressing go to my website..../jacarr

My grandma makes that fruit salad w/ pasta, I thought it was odd too, but I love it. She puts mandarin oranges and pineapple w/ coconut and whip cream & vanilla pudding mix and the noodles. I love that salad I could eat it for days.

1. What are some easy and delicious salad recipes?

We have plenty of delicious salad recipes to choose from! Some popular options include our chicken Caesar salad, strawberry spinach salad, and Southwest quinoa salad. You can find these recipes and more on our website.

2. Can you recommend a healthy salad recipe?

Absolutely! Our kale and quinoa salad is packed with nutritious ingredients like kale, quinoa, cranberries, and almonds. It's a great option for a healthy and satisfying meal.

3. Are there any salad recipes that are kid-friendly?

Yes, we have several kid-friendly salad recipes that even picky eaters will enjoy! Our fruit and cheese salad, taco salad, and BLT pasta salad are all popular choices among children.

4. I need a salad recipe for a large group. Do you have any suggestions?

We have many salad recipes that are perfect for feeding a crowd! Our Greek pasta salad, layered taco salad, and broccoli salad are all great options for potlucks, parties, or family gatherings.

5. Are there any vegetarian or vegan salad recipes available?

We offer a variety of vegetarian and vegan salad recipes. Some of our favorites include our roasted vegetable quinoa salad, avocado and black bean salad, and chickpea and cucumber salad. You can also easily modify many of our recipes to fit your dietary needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
chefann
  • heat123
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
heat123
  • kimbub