• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Best Booking Tip You Took From Last Year's

Focus on what's in it for THEM. If you come across that it's all about what THEY get out of it then you'll have more success in booking. We live in a society of "what's in it for me?" Send the invitations for your host. That will solve the backing out issue at the last minute. If they don't get you the guest list when you state you need it by, then reschedule. If they keep not getting you the list, then it's pretty obvious they weren't too serious of having a show and they are the ones most likely to cancel a few days before the show.
Kimberlymmj
National Conference. I was just wondering what you felt was the best piece of advice you've gotten. Thank you.

I am having a hard time getting bookings.

SOS:blushing:

Ask everyone.

I didn't really focus much on bookings last year. The workshop I remember best was Top Recruiters Tell All w/ Jillian Grant, and Robin House. I need to go dust off my notes and look at them again.

I agree. I have started PC in October and I am really having a hard time getting bookings. The ones I do get tend to want to back out. :eek: Any suggestions?

Sing4Him1977 said:
I agree. I have started PC in October and I am really having a hard time getting bookings. The ones I do get tend to want to back out. :eek: Any suggestions?

Focus on what's in it for THEM. If you come across that it's all about what THEY get out of it then you'll have more success in booking. We live in a society of "what's in it for me?"

Send the invitations for your host. That will solve the backing out issue at the last minute. If they don't get you the guest list when you state you need it by, then reschedule. If they keep not getting you the list, then it's pretty obvious they weren't too serious of having a show and they are the ones most likely to cancel a few days before the show.

:)

Make it about the friends, fun and products. I have a lot of great hosts who don't cook - they're just doing it to have an excuse to get together with their friends. So don't focus soley on the products.

I was on a call with Nancy Jo Ryan this week and this is my version of what she said. I think her words were great. Please note I am not repeating her words verbatum, as I cannot remember them exactly however, hope you still get the point.

After booking the show I let the host know I need a list of 40 names and addresses from her within X number of days. Some hosts are reluctant to give you this info hower you can tell them "if you give me a list of 40 names I will pay the postage to send out your invitations. I will not redistribute this information or hand it out to any one. It is only for the invitations." If the host says she doesn't knwo that many people, tell her " that's ok, just get as many as you can and Iw ill send the invites. This will ensure a successful show. However, you will be responseible for the cost of the postage." If the host says she is not comfy give out her friends addresses, tell her "I will get this information from each person when they place their order with me. I cannot simply put them in as Sally Smith. I must have their address for their warranty to be valid, so when they place their order I will get their address anyway. I would like to mail out the invitations for you and make to ensure you have high attendance and get the maximum amount of free products." If the hostess still declines, then there isn't much you can do except let her knwo if she changes her mind you are there for her. To SOLIDIFY the date get the 40 contacts. If the host gives you less than 40 names let her know that you will still send the invites for her, but she will need to reimburse you for the postage. This usually will encourage the host to go ahead and give you 40 addresses. If within 2 weeks of the show date you do not have the list of 40, then you need to call your host and say "I just wanted to call and get the list of people you would like to invite." if she gives you the list great, if she gives an excuse say "I understand we all get busy at times, however this is my business. If I do not receive your guest list within 3 days (your choice on # of days) I will need to resell your date as this is my source of income." If the host intends to hold the show she will get you that list. If not then she will reschedule with you at this point.

I did this on a show I have book for 2 weeks from Monday and the host sent me the guest list the following morning to my email address, in an excel mail merge so all I had to do was print the labels! DON'T be afraid to ask for what you need, and make sure your host knows this is your source of income. You want to stay nice and positive, however let them know that you depend on these shows for your livelyhood.

Oh wow. That is amazing. I hope I can muster up the courage to be that way,.

I don't think I'd have the guts to ask people to repay me for postage. If they do end up owing you, how do handle the payment? What if they are paying by CC? Do you have them pay you a check or cash for what they owe? I'd feel awkward. I know it's a business and I shouldn't feel that way, but I feel weird about it.

I'm with you, Amanda. I send out the invites for my hosts, and I don't ask them to repay me. I know Nancy Jo Ryan has an absolutely amazing business (to put it mildly) and she's doing what works for her, but I wouldn't ask them to repay me if they can't supply me 40 names. I would feel offended if a consultant said that to me because there's no way I could come up with 40 names and addresses. But that's just me. That's what I love about PC - you can do what works best for your business.

I don't ask host for money for the postage I trade them the page(s) of stamps I used for their invitations for full ones. I just tell them - to make this easy for you I will send your invitations, just get a couple sheets of stamps before the show and the day of the show I will trade you, when you get 40 or more names I will even cover the postage cost. I also print a full sheet of their return address labels and what ever I don't use I give them - I don't tell them about this before the show.

pennyn said:
I don't ask host for money for the postage I trade them the page(s) of stamps I used for their invitations for full ones. I just tell them - to make this easy for you I will send your invitations, just get a couple sheets of stamps before the show and the day of the show I will trade you, when you get 40 or more names I will even cover the postage cost. I also print a full sheet of their return address labels and what ever I don't use I give them - I don't tell them about this before the show.

I like this! :thumbup:

What is the best booking tip you took from last year's experience?

The best booking tip I took from last year's experience is to always follow up with potential hostesses a few days after their initial interest. This shows them that you are dedicated and interested in helping them host a successful party.

How do you make sure your parties are successful?

To ensure successful parties, it's important to stay organized and communicate clearly with the hostess about expectations and details. I also make sure to arrive early to set up and bring all necessary tools and products for the demonstration.

What is the key to getting guests to attend a party?

The key to getting guests to attend a party is to offer an enticing incentive, such as a free gift or discount, and to personally invite them with a personalized message. It also helps to have a hostess who is excited and enthusiastic about the party.

How far in advance should a party be booked?

I recommend booking a party at least 2-3 weeks in advance to give guests enough time to plan and RSVP. However, if a hostess is interested in hosting a party sooner, I am always willing to accommodate and work with their schedule.

What is the best way to promote a party?

The best way to promote a party is through a mix of online and in-person methods. This can include sending out digital invitations, sharing on social media, and personally inviting friends and family. I also provide my hostesses with physical invitations to hand out to potential guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Katiek77
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
loreo
  • Doodlbug329
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Amanda_RI
  • Katiek77