• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Beef Ribs in the DCB: Recipe Adjustments and Advice

In summary, the best cut of beef for ribs in the DCB is beef chuck short ribs. You can make adjustments to the recipe to make it healthier, such as using leaner cuts of beef ribs, trimming excess fat, and adding more vegetables. The cooking time for beef ribs in the DCB is approximately 1.5-2 hours. You can add BBQ sauce to the beef ribs, either towards the end of cooking or before serving, using a heat-resistant sauce to prevent burning. To ensure even cooking, remember to turn the ribs over halfway through and add a small amount of liquid to the bottom of the DCB for added moisture and flavor.
susanr613
Gold Member
Good morning!

I'm doing a show for most of my synagogue posse and want to highlight the DCB. I am planning on doing 30-min chicken and want to share other recipe ideas to position the DCB as the "21st century Crockpot"

Has anyone tried beef ribs in the DCB? If so, what adjustments did you have to make to the 20-min recipe?

I am not at all experienced with ribs, so any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you!

I've done pork and beef ribs.. Didn't make any adjustments in the recipe.. Any adjustment I think would be the time based on the size of the microwave.

Can't remember if this is with the recipe or not, but a tip that they can be "finished" on the grill or on the stove in a grill pan or cast iron skillet for 5 minutes would be helpful. We made these a few nights ago and they are tasty as-is, but some people may prefer or be used to a darker coloring on them and may want to do the extra few minutes of cooking.

I made them and followed the recipe...
My husband a rib snob did not like them. I thought they were ok.

i am a rib neophyte so i will probably like them :)

What is the best cut of beef to use for ribs in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB)?

The best cut of beef for ribs in the DCB is beef chuck short ribs. They are a flavorful and tender option that will easily cook in the DCB.

Can I adjust the recipe for beef ribs in the DCB to make it healthier?

Yes, you can make adjustments to the recipe to make it healthier. You can use leaner cuts of beef ribs, trim any excess fat, and add more vegetables to the recipe. You can also reduce the amount of oil or butter used.

How long does it take to cook beef ribs in the DCB?

The cooking time for beef ribs in the DCB will vary depending on the size of the ribs and your oven. However, on average, it takes about 1.5-2 hours to cook beef ribs in the DCB.

Can I add BBQ sauce to the beef ribs in the DCB?

Yes, you can add BBQ sauce to the beef ribs in the DCB. You can either add it towards the end of the cooking time or brush it on before serving. Make sure to use a heat-resistant BBQ sauce to prevent burning.

Are there any additional tips for cooking beef ribs in the DCB?

To ensure the beef ribs cook evenly, make sure to turn them over halfway through the cooking time. You can also add a small amount of liquid, such as beef broth or red wine, to the bottom of the DCB to help keep the ribs moist and add more flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • Kristin B
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies