• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Batter Breads for Your Bread Tube: Tips and Tricks from HeatherZ

In summary, a bread tube is a kitchen tool used for making batter breads, and it is a long, cylindrical metal tube with a removable cap and plunger. Any bread recipe can be used with a bread tube, but it is recommended to use specific recipes. To prevent sticking, grease the inside of the tube or use non-stick spray. Mix-ins and toppings can also be added to the batter. To clean and maintain the bread tube, wash in warm, soapy water and avoid using metal utensils or scrubbers.
HeatherZ
Hello,

I have a customer that has not used her bread tube because she wasn't sure how to fill it. I have only used them with the pillsbury french bread. If she wanted to make banana bread in it how much would she put in the tube? Thanks for your help.

HeatherZ

I was told 3/4 full and it has worked out for me. Do a search for bread tube recipes on here and you should find some to pass on to her:)

I also recommend putting the tube upright on a small stone like the small oval baker for more even heating and cooking

I also recommend putting the tube upright on a small stone like the small oval baker for more even heating and cooking

I've always understood that placing any container on top of a stone will cause the stone to break.
I've always put my stone for such things on the rack Under the entree or the container (like the bread tubes).

Kris

1. What is a bread tube and how is it used?

A bread tube is a specialized kitchen tool used for making delicious batter breads. It is a long, cylindrical metal tube with a removable cap on one end and a plunger on the other. The tube is used to bake bread in the oven, creating a perfectly shaped loaf with a hole in the center.

2. Can I use any bread recipe with my bread tube?

Yes, you can use any bread recipe that calls for a standard loaf pan with your bread tube. Simply pour the batter into the tube, secure the cap, and bake according to the recipe's instructions. However, for best results, we recommend using recipes specifically designed for bread tubes.

3. How do I prevent my bread from sticking to the tube?

To prevent your bread from sticking to the tube, make sure to generously grease the inside of the tube with butter or oil before pouring in the batter. You can also use non-stick spray or line the tube with parchment paper for easy removal.

4. Can I add mix-ins or toppings to my batter bread?

Yes, you can add a variety of mix-ins and toppings to your batter bread before baking. Some popular options include nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chips, and herbs. Simply fold them into the batter before pouring it into the tube. You can also sprinkle toppings on top of the batter before baking.

5. How do I clean and maintain my bread tube?

To clean your bread tube, remove the cap and plunger and wash them in warm, soapy water. Use a long, narrow brush or pipe cleaner to clean the inside of the tube. Make sure to dry all parts thoroughly before storing. It's also important to avoid using metal utensils or scrubbers on the tube, as they can scratch the surface and damage the non-stick coating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• whiteyteresa
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jenniferlynne
  • doughmama
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
doughmama
  • frozenchef