• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baking with an Old Bread Tube: Help Needed!

In summary, an old bread tube can still be used for baking as long as it is clean and in good condition. To clean it, soak it in warm soapy water and scrub away any residue. Any type of bread dough can be used as long as it fits and is not too sticky or wet. To prevent sticking, grease the inside of the tube with butter or oil and sprinkle some flour. To check if the bread is done, insert a toothpick or knife into the center or tap the top and listen for a hollow sound.
GEScott
Gold Member
I have a customer who wants to use her old bread tube to make bread for a lunch she's having today. She can't remember how long to bake it or at what temperataure. Do any of you know? That's one of the older products I never had.

Thanks.

I bake mine on 350 degrees and it usually takes 45-50 minutes to bake.

It is difficult to provide an accurate answer without knowing the specific type of bread tube and the recipe being used. However, here are some general guidelines for baking bread in a bread tube:1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).2. Grease the inside of the bread tube with butter or cooking spray.3. Prepare your bread dough according to the recipe instructions.4. Place the bread dough into the bread tube, making sure it is evenly distributed and fills the tube about 2/3 full.5. Place the bread tube on a baking sheet and put it in the preheated oven.6. Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.7. Remove the bread tube from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before removing the bread from the tube.8. Slice and serve the bread warm or at room temperature.Keep in mind that these are general guidelines and may need to be adjusted depending on the specific bread tube and recipe being used. It is always a good idea to check the bread for doneness by using a thermometer. The internal temperature of the bread should be between 190-200°F (88-93°C) when fully baked.

1. Can I use an old bread tube for baking?

Yes, an old bread tube can still be used for baking as long as it is clean and in good condition.

2. How do I clean an old bread tube?

The best way to clean an old bread tube is to soak it in warm soapy water for a few minutes, then use a brush or sponge to scrub away any residue. Rinse thoroughly and dry before using.

3. Can I use any type of bread dough in an old bread tube?

Yes, you can use any type of bread dough in an old bread tube, as long as it fits inside and is not too sticky or wet. It's best to use a firm dough for better results.

4. How do I prevent my bread from sticking to the tube?

To prevent sticking, make sure to grease the inside of the tube with butter or oil before placing the dough inside. You can also sprinkle some flour inside for extra insurance.

5. How do I know when my bread is done baking in the tube?

The best way to check if your bread is done is to insert a toothpick or small knife into the center. If it comes out clean, then the bread is fully baked. You can also tap the top of the bread with your finger - if it sounds hollow, then it's done.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• frozenchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • aprilmlittlefield
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies