• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bank Account,Debit Card Questions

In summary, you should open a regular checking account and then fill out the debit card app. on pamperedchef.com .
SusanBP0129
Hi! I am heading out to the bank so I can get the debit card set up. All I need to do is open up a regular checking account, right??? :confused: I have my 3 1/2 yr old & a 10 month old with me, so I don't want to have to make another trip!! LOL
Thanks!!!! :)

Open a regular checking account and then come home and fill out the debit card app. on pamperedchef.com . I wouldn't tell the bank it's for pc though!!!

Thank you!! So, do I need checks then?

I don't use checks for my account. If I need to purchase something such as ingredients or supplies I use my check/debit card. It shouldn't cost you anything to get a debit card through your bank. Some people still use checks with there account but I find it easier just to pull out my debit card when I need to purchase something.

I have used checks very rarely, but nice to have them when you need to give a customer a refund for whatever reason.

I use my PC check account to pay for all PC expenses, and I just paid for a booth at a festival by check, as they do not accept cards. You might want to order some to have around, just in case. I stupidly ordered them through the bank when I opened the account. I should have declined their order and ordered checks through an online check place and got them much cheaper!

Live and learn.

Bank account....Actually.... I told the girl who set up my PC account what I was doing. And she said OH i LOVE PC and she booked a party :) So, you never know!!!

tiffanypc05 said:
Open a regular checking account and then come home and fill out the debit card app. on pamperedchef.com . I wouldn't tell the bank it's for pc though!!!

JUST CURIOUS....... WHY NOT?

monica.dixon said:
Actually.... I told the girl who set up my PC account what I was doing. And she said OH i LOVE PC and she booked a party :) So, you never know!!!

I agree with that! I told them about PC and she booked a show, asked for a silent auction item (6 leads from that) and she is thinking about selling.

Never know...:p

Actually.... I told the girl who set up my PC account what I was doing. And she said OH i LOVE PC and she booked a party So, you never know!!!

I did the same thing and the woman when nuts.....she had a catalog show and is planning on having a cooking show in the Fall.

I also put "Pampered Chef Consultant" on my checks so I can spread the word a bit more.

B/c really you are not supposed to have a regular checking account if you are running a business! I just opened a business account monday b/c my bank come out with one that's free each month, and you don't have to keep a min. amount in there. If the right person at your bank finds out they may make you open a bus. account and/or stop your debits from pc. I've had a reg. checking account for over a year now but my mom works at the bank. I've had a few of the people at different branches say something about me deopositing checks that in the memo said Pampered Chef. They kept telling me if so and so found out they would close your account and make you open a bus. account. I guess it all depends on your bank. It would just suck if you were to say something and then they wouldn't open a reg. checking account and tried to make you open a bus. account-and most banks make you keep a min. of $500 in a bus. account! I was just trying to look out for ya just in case.

Oh, well, good point. My account is a business account, they offered a free account with no min. balance.

When i first posted about not telling them it was pc it was if you were opening a reg. checking account. sorry I didn't clarify.

Most banks should allow you to open a personal account as long as the items you are depositing are made out to you and not PC, which they should be anyway. You are operating the account under your own Social Security Number and Pampered Chef does not appear anywhere on the ownership of the account (what's on your checks doesn't matter, it isn't the "legal" ownership of your account). As far as debits coming out from Pampered Chef, they are deducted just like any other auto-debit. The bank shouldn't even be concerned with who the debits are from (as long as it isn't illegal :eek: )
If your bank is pressuring you into a business account (and yes, most banks look to MAKE money off of business accounts), look for a new bank.
If you're getting free Business Checking with extra perks, go for it. Otherwise, stick with Free Checking. ;)
And by all means, tell the lady you're with PC! Free Advertising! :)

1. How do I set up a bank account for my Pampered Chef business?

To set up a bank account for your Pampered Chef business, you will need to first choose a bank that offers business accounts. You will then need to provide your personal information, such as your name, address, and social security number, as well as your business's information, such as the business name and EIN number. Once the account is set up, you can link it to your Pampered Chef consultant account for payments and deposits.

2. Can I use my personal bank account for my Pampered Chef business?

While it is possible to use your personal bank account for your Pampered Chef business, it is recommended to have a separate account for business transactions. This will help you keep better track of your business finances and make tax season easier. It is also more professional to have a separate account for business purposes.

3. What is a debit card and how do I get one?

A debit card is a payment card that deducts money directly from your bank account when you make a purchase. To get a debit card for your Pampered Chef business, you will need to open a business bank account and request a debit card from your bank. You may also be able to get a debit card through your Pampered Chef consultant account, but this may vary depending on your location.

4. Can I use my Pampered Chef debit card for personal purchases?

No, it is not recommended to use your Pampered Chef debit card for personal purchases. It is important to keep your business and personal finances separate for tax and accounting purposes. Using your Pampered Chef debit card for personal purchases may also affect your ability to accurately track your business expenses and income.

5. How do I track my expenses and income with my Pampered Chef debit card?

You can track your expenses and income with your Pampered Chef debit card by regularly reviewing your bank statements and keeping track of your transactions. You may also be able to view your transactions through your Pampered Chef consultant account. It is important to keep accurate records of your business finances for tax purposes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lindseystar
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lindseystar
  • mmilus
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • flemings99