1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bamboo Carving Board problem??

1. cla519

cla519 Member

I use it last night to carve our turkey and after cleaning it I found there was two big knife marks and a scuff mark on it. I used just a reg. carving knife on it. Wasn't too impressed to find these on it. I was a little scared to used it in the first place as it looked too pretty to use. I guess I was right. I don't want to show this when there are marks from just one use. Anyone else have this problem?

Oct 10, 2005
  2. jenniferlynne

jenniferlynne Senior Member

Yep. I was very careful when I carved a ham on mine, but it ended up with a couple of cuts on it too.

Oct 10, 2005
  3. kitty

kitty Guest

>>I used just a reg. carving knife on it.<<

Did it have a serrated edge?

Oct 10, 2005
  4. PampMomof3

PampMomof3 Legend Member Gold Member

My hubby carved a turkey on it on Saturday and as I was cleaning it I found a couple too! I am so bummed b/c now it doesn't look as pretty. :( Oh well, I guess the customers will be happy that we use our products too! :) Don't forget there is a warranty on it.

Oct 10, 2005
  5. showmehow2

showmehow2 Guest

It IS a cutting board....

Don't forget that it is a cutting board and if you use a knife on it, it will mar the surface. It may not look as nice but it will work just fine. If you don't want to show the one you use, you can get another one to use at your demos.

Oct 11, 2005
  6. chefloriray

chefloriray Guest

Is there a difference between a "cutting board" and a "carving board"? I would think that you cut through the meat on a cutting board and on a carving board you would just slice through the meat at an angle and transfer it over to a platter. Thus, not going through to the board. The use and care card says "Do not use Food Chopper, serrated or electric carving knife on surface.

Oct 11, 2005
  7. Shawnna

Shawnna Senior Member Gold Member

You have to remember that it is a carving board. If you use it, it will show the marks of use. The only way around it is to have 2 and only use one and keep the other for demonstrations. It won't matter how careful you are, you are going to cut/scuff it. Just make sure it is clean and well cared for.

I personally do not have any products that are only for demos. If it hasn't been used, it generally means I don't like that particular product. I use my products every day and I tell my customers. I know a lot of people who will only show a new stone because theirs are all black. Guess what, it is suppose to be black. It shows you use it, depend on it, and love it. I always take a small piece and show what color it will be when they get it and say "after you use your stone and season it, it will take on this beautiful color" and then I show mine. This also demonstrates the uniqueness of each stone, because they all take on a special color/pattern of their own as they are seasoned. And, it shows how well they stand up to use.

Shawnna

Oct 11, 2005
  8. luvs2sellit

luvs2sellit Advanced Member

Actually it is a carving board and to use it as a cutting board is not recommended. The product use and care say "do not use chopper, serrated knife or electric carving knife.

Oct 11, 2005
  9. cla519

cla519 Member

I just used a carving knife. I read the instructions a few times. I really didn't think that it would cut into the board like that. I though that bamboo was one of the hardest woods and never thought by just carving a turkey would do that. Even my wooden cutting board would not have a cut in it like this does. I was very carefull to not put any pressure on the knife when I was taking the legs and wings off as well.

Oct 11, 2005
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted