• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reversible Bamboo Carving Board Problems

In summary, the finish on the Bamboo Carving Board came off in a few places where turkey had been sitting. The customer was told to send the board back and receive a new one, because postage for sending it back was over $10.
PCJen
I just use my Bamboo Carving Board for the first time. After using it I washed it (did not soak it nor scrubbed it hard) and dried it only to notice that the finish has come off in a few places where the turkey sat. Has anyone else had this problem?

My mom had that problem. I am waiting for her to email me a pic I can send to HO about it.

Have you called and found anything out?

No, I haven't called yet. I wanted to see if anyone else had the problem first and what HO said about it. My husband said it may just have a mineral oil on it since it is used for food and we just need to add some after using.

Hmm...I thought I was just being picky. I used mine a few weeks ago for the first time and had the same thing happen.

Maybe I'll send mine back, too!

Sorry, it took me awhile to give you the update on this. I have been very busy with shows, kids, and everything else that seemed to pop up. Anyway...
I called HO to exchange. The person I spoke with had not heard of any problems like that. She told me to send it back and they will send me a new one, of course. The postage for sending it back was over $10! I called HO back and told her how much postage was and that I might as well had paid full price for it with the shipping. I also said that it was like sending a whole piece of Stoneware back. She said she understood and will this time send me a prepaid postage label.
If you are having problems like I was please, please let HO know. This is such a high end product that we shouldn't be having problems with it.

What are the dimensions of the reversible bamboo carving board?

The reversible bamboo carving board measures 18" x 12" x 1.5".

Is the bamboo board dishwasher safe?

No, the bamboo board is not dishwasher safe. It is recommended to hand wash with warm soapy water and dry immediately to maintain its quality and longevity.

Can I use the carving board for cutting raw meat?

Yes, the reversible bamboo carving board is safe to use for cutting raw meat. However, it is important to thoroughly clean and sanitize the board after each use to prevent cross-contamination.

How do I prevent the board from slipping on my countertop?

The reversible bamboo carving board has non-slip silicone feet on each corner to prevent it from slipping on your countertop. However, for added stability, you can place a damp paper towel or kitchen towel underneath the board before use.

What is the recommended way to maintain the bamboo carving board?

To maintain the quality of the bamboo carving board, it is recommended to periodically apply a food-grade mineral oil to the surface. This will help prevent the board from drying out and cracking. Also, make sure to avoid leaving the board in direct sunlight or extreme temperatures.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefbilyeu
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefNic
  • MFox0405
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • scottcooks