• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Back Ordered Item Shipping: Who Receives It - Host or Guest?

In summary, when an item is on back order, it is currently out of stock and the retailer or manufacturer has not yet received new inventory. The time it takes for a back ordered item to be restocked can vary greatly and it is best to contact the retailer or manufacturer for an estimated restocking time. It is usually possible to cancel or change an order for a back ordered item, but it is important to check the retailer's or manufacturer's policies. Most retailers and manufacturers will not charge for a back ordered item until it is shipped, but it is always a good idea to check their policies. In some cases, retailers or manufacturers may offer expedited shipping for back ordered items for an additional fee.
kam
Staff member
I guess I never thought about this before...

But, if an item is back ordered and ships after the show...does it go to the host or to the guest?

I have a guest on a show that ordered a backordered item and I am thinking it may come quite a bit later than the show. I am wondering if the host has to deliver to the guest twice?

They don't live that close to each other.

Thanks!

It goes to the host. You may suggest that the host hold that person's order until the back ordered item comes in. The estimated shipping date will be on the packing list. I wish back ordered items would go directly to the guest.

Becca_in_MD said:
It goes to the host. You may suggest that the host hold that person's order until the back ordered item comes in. The estimated shipping date will be on the packing list. I wish back ordered items would go directly to the guest.

Thanks! I think I figured that it would go to the host - but I wasn't SURE.

I am going to let the host know, but wanted to anticipate her questions.

:)

What does it mean when an item is on back order?

When an item is on back order, it means that it is currently out of stock and the retailer or manufacturer has not yet received new inventory. This can happen for a variety of reasons, such as high demand, production delays, or supplier issues.

How long does it take for a back ordered item to be restocked?

The time it takes for a back ordered item to be restocked can vary greatly depending on the reason for the delay. In some cases, it may only take a few days to a week, while in other cases it could take several weeks or even months. It's best to contact the retailer or manufacturer for an estimated restocking time.

Can I cancel or change an order for a back ordered item?

Yes, you can usually cancel or change an order for a back ordered item. However, it's important to check the retailer's or manufacturer's cancellation and change policies to see if there are any restrictions or fees. You may also want to reach out to customer service for assistance.

Will I be charged for a back ordered item before it is shipped?

Most retailers and manufacturers will not charge you for a back ordered item until it is shipped. However, it's always a good idea to check their policies to be sure. If you have already been charged for the item, but it has not yet shipped, you may be able to request a refund or cancel the order.

Is there a way to expedite a back ordered item?

In some cases, retailers or manufacturers may offer expedited shipping for back ordered items for an additional fee. However, this may not always be an option. It's best to check with the retailer or manufacturer for their policies and availability of expedited shipping for back ordered items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JanisF
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Roadtripray
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • barbara_anne