• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Autumn Risotto or Curried Chicken Noodle Soup

In summary, the Autumn Risotto was a hit at our team meeting. It was creamy and flavorful, and looked great with all the cookware used.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I want to make one of these recipes for our team meeting tomorrow but I'm not sure which one. I think they would both possibly make great fall show recipes and need to try one.

Love the risotto.. It's great. And it can use left over turkey!

made the risotto tonight and lovedit!!

LOVE the risotto!!! It was so easy to make, shows off some good products including cookware and it very YUMMY!!!!

We had someone bring the Autumn Risotto to our Fall tasting meeting and it was awesome! I think I will add this to my recipe selections for Fall/Winter. I got to taste all the tapenades. The apricot/fig one is my least favorite. The apple walnut needs the creaminess of a goat cheese crostini and it would make a great app. Loved the Spinach olive as well as the artichoke tapenade. The pear gingerbread cake is to die for!!! and I am not a cake fan. The Rocky Road Brownie recipe in the DCB is not good cold.....we needed a chisel to get the pieces into edible sizes. :p

I did the Risotto and it was awesome ... very quick and easy to put together and showcases A LOT of products! I used over $800 worth but used more cookware than I would use in a show ... no small batter bowl so I used my saucepan to soak the berries, grill pan and press to cook the chicken, and the saute pan to toast the almonds. Prep bowls for the celery and almonds. No veggie slicer so I used my Santoku, utility and green knives, and a cutting board and bar board. And it stayed smoking hot in my DCB and insulated tote, even after my hour long drive! Very good to demo at November shows and bill it as a "hide the turkey" recipe after the holidays.The Rocky Road brownie was OK cold-ish but very sticky.

I am making the autumn risotto as we speak... I am going to have to adjust something or my microwave is off... because it's not done. :( I've had it in there for almost 10 extra minutes and NONE of the liquid is gone.

vanscootin said:
I am making the autumn risotto as we speak... I am going to have to adjust something or my microwave is off... because it's not done. :( I've had it in there for almost 10 extra minutes and NONE of the liquid is gone.

I did find it needed a couple extra minutes and it still seemed a little bit liquidy but by the time I drove to our meeting it at set perfectly.

How many watts is your microwave? Unless it's an older model, if the microwave is big enough for the DCB to turn around properly, it's probably at least 1,000 watts.Mine is a newer one and I just counted on the whole 13 minutes. I set it for 6 1/2, stirred, and then cooked for another 7. When I stirred in the chicken and celery I let it go the whole 5 minutes. There was just enough liquid to dissolve the cream cheese properly.And I am eating it for lunch for the 2nd day in a row and find it's better re-heated!

We had the Autumn Risotto tonight for dinner. It was fantastic! I didn't have celery, but since my family is not thrilled with celery, they didn't mind. I will add it next time because I like it. But we also thought it might be good with a bit of apple in place of the celery so I might try that sometime too.

I loved it with the leftover chicken I had in the fridge and can't wait to try it with leftover turkey. But I'm also thinking that adding the celery or apple and leaving out the meat, it would make a delicious side dish. I think it's a very versatile recipe and one of my favorites. Wish there were leftovers for me to eat tomorrow!

Shari in TX

Do you have to use the Arborio rice or will another kind work - like brown rice or jasmine?

the one at my Pig Out meeting was made with regular rice. It was tasty, but not necessarily as creamy as Arborio rice will be.

lt1jane said:
the one at my Pig Out meeting was made with regular rice. It was tasty, but not necessarily as creamy as Arborio rice will be.

The one at our Taste Testing meeting was made with regular white rice too, and I thought it was very good.

It's good to note that it can be made with regular rice though, because the consultant who made it used that because the Arborio rice at her grocery store was $7 for a small container. :eek:

I'm so glad to see people liking the risotto out of the microwave. I guess I'm more of a food snob than I thought, because as soon as I saw that I thought "Oh, millions of Italians would MURDER me if I tried risotto in the microwave! That's culinary suicide!!!" LOL, you have all convinced me, and I'll be trying it tonight. :chef:

ChefBeckyD said:
The one at our Taste Testing meeting was made with regular white rice too, and I thought it was very good.

It's good to note that it can be made with regular rice though, because the consultant who made it used that because the Arborio rice at her grocery store was $7 for a small container. :eek:

Walmart here had it for about $1-$1.50 in a small bag.

wadesgirl said:
Walmart here had it for about $1-$1.50 in a small bag.

She lives no where near a Walmart grocery store. Neither do I. Plus, even if I did, I still wouldn't shop there. ;)

Probably the majority of our hosts won't be shopping at a Wal-Mart grocery store either (the closest one to me is about 20 miles away - and even further for her, I believe.) So, it's just good to know that if our hosts are using the same grocery stores we use, they have an alternative. The Arborio isn't necessary to make a good end product! :chef:

ChefBeckyD said:
She lives no where near a Walmart grocery store. Neither do I. Plus, even if I did, I still wouldn't shop there. ;)

Probably the majority of our hosts won't be shopping at a Wal-Mart grocery store either (the closest one to me is about 20 miles away - and even further for her, I believe.) So, it's just good to know that if our hosts are using the same grocery stores we use, they have an alternative. The Arborio isn't necessary to make a good end product! :chef:

It's one reason I always want to try a recipe before I offer it. If I cannot find it in a store (I tried three stores one time for a product!) then I know my hosts cannot find it.

wadesgirl said:
It's one reason I always want to try a recipe before I offer it. If I cannot find it in a store (I tried three stores one time for a product!) then I know my hosts cannot find it.

Yes - there is one recipe, and I can't even remember which one, that calls for a lemongrass paste in a tube(and says it's available at most large grocery stores) Well, I went to the 3 local grocery stores - Meijers (which is a big one)!, Family Fare, and D&W (which often has unusual ingredients not found at the other two) and none had it, and no one there even knew what it was. Not knowing how vital it is to the outcome of the recipe, I gave up on it, and knew it wouldn't be a recipe I would make.

1. How do I make Autumn Risotto?

To make Autumn Risotto, you will need 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 small onion, chopped, 2 cloves of garlic, minced, 1 cup of Arborio rice, 1/2 cup of dry white wine, 3 cups of chicken or vegetable broth, 1 cup of diced butternut squash, 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese, and 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh sage. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened. Stir in the rice and cook for 1-2 minutes. Pour in the white wine and cook until the liquid has been absorbed. Gradually add the broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until the liquid has been absorbed before adding more. When the rice is almost tender, stir in the butternut squash and continue cooking until the rice is fully cooked and the squash is tender. Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese and sage. Serve hot.

2. Can I use a different type of rice for the Autumn Risotto?

While Arborio rice is the traditional rice used for risotto, you can also use other short-grain rice varieties such as carnaroli or vialone nano. The cooking time and liquid measurements may vary slightly, so adjust accordingly. Avoid using long-grain rice as it will not create the creamy texture that is characteristic of risotto.

3. How can I make the Curried Chicken Noodle Soup vegetarian?

To make a vegetarian version of the Curried Chicken Noodle Soup, simply omit the chicken and use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. You can also add in your choice of vegetables such as carrots, bell peppers, and mushrooms for added flavor and texture.

4. Can I use a different type of protein for the Curried Chicken Noodle Soup?

Yes, you can use other types of protein such as shrimp, tofu, or chickpeas instead of chicken in the Curried Chicken Noodle Soup. Adjust the cooking time accordingly depending on the protein you choose to use.

5. Can I freeze the Curried Chicken Noodle Soup?

Yes, you can freeze the Curried Chicken Noodle Soup for up to 3 months. Allow it to cool completely before transferring it to airtight containers or freezer bags. To reheat, thaw it in the fridge overnight and then heat it in a pot on the stove or in the microwave until it is heated through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • lindseystar
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lindseystar
  • Jennie50