• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

August Wasn't Our Best Month: Lessons Learned for Next Time

In summary, the conversation revolved around a recent booking blitz where multiple consultants submitted new shows for the month of August. They discussed how winners will be notified and when the prizes will be shipped. Some consultants shared their success stories of booking parties and fundraisers, while others talked about the challenges of getting call backs and dealing with answering machines. They also shared tips on how to follow up with potential hosts and the importance of persistence in booking shows. One consultant shared that they had discussed their difficulties with their director and received helpful advice.
ughubug
Bummer--Just submitted 5 brand new shows for August and no winners! At least business should be good!;)

I just also submitted 5 new shows, how do we know if we are winners, I didn't see either way.

A pop up box will automatically appear when you win. It doesn't stay long so if you miss it there is a box in the upper left hand corner that says view winners and you can click there and check it out. The $5 gift cards are supposed to ship the end of July somtime and the drawing prize winners will be picked Sept. 7th I believe it was. Sorry I don't remember the exact dates off hand. But you can check them all out under the official rules tab found on the same page.

Also make sure you are entering the entries under the booking blitz page and not on CC.

THANKS!!! I just got in and saw this post. So I put in 3 bookings and won!!

trps said:
THANKS!!! I just got in and saw this post. So I put in 3 bookings and won!!

Woo Hoo! I won too. Somthing small... but I'll take it.:D

I made 10 calls but no bookings. Out of those 10 calls came only 2 contacts. BUT, I am very happy, because it was the first time in a few months that I have picked up the phone and worked my business. Our house is on the market and it seems like all I have time for is to keep the house clean and take care of the 3 kids (7, 5 and 1 year old). This booking blitz as well as conference announcements has inspired me to start making the time for my business again!!!!

I made 16 calls yesterday! I talked to a total of 3 live people vs machines. 1 booked a party(she was a maybe from awhile back) one was a cancel from 2 months ago(she said she would call me back...hmmm) and the other was a cancel from several months ago and she just had surgery. I had also sent out 150 customer connection email (ZERO respose) and did send out an email to a friend looking for fundraiser ideas for a JDRF walk. SHe booked a fundraiser with me for August. SO all in all, I got one party and one fundraiser yesterday which is more luck than I have had in awhile. I just wish people would answer their phones or call back when I leave a message. Does anyone else feel like they see it is you and will not answer the phone? I do feel good that I made all those calls. I am going to make some more today and hope to get some call backs form the others. Not too hopeful on that part. How often do you all keep calling someone and leaving messages before you just figure they do not want to do it or do you just keep calling?

I hate when people do not answer the phone... so I text and call some more and email. When I get a NO, it gives me an answer. Not guessing they do not want to host a party, they could be really busy. I thought this was bull untill it happened to me, I forgot and got super busy! Thank God the consultant called me again and I booked a show. I think everyone wants to book, after about the 3rd call I leave a message saying.. " I guess your really busy but I cant wait for you to be my host, how does 8-21-10 look?" If they dont call you back and give you a no, call back!!! Still no answer call l them and say "I cant wait to se you on _____! Im going to send out a host packet" Im sure you will get a call or an answer very soon! Also dont leave much information on voicemail... now they know what you want! Example: Hey Stacey its Julie just wanted to tell you... (and hang up) they will call back, they dont know what you want!!

I told my director about my problems about getting call back, and the answering machine... I am working on my calls as well, but I wanted to share some information.

Jholmes0904 said:
I hate when people do not answer the phone... so I text and call some more and email. When I get a NO, it gives me an answer. Not guessing they do not want to host a party, they could be really busy. I thought this was bull untill it happened to me, I forgot and got super busy! Thank God the consultant called me again and I booked a show. I think everyone wants to book, after about the 3rd call I leave a message saying.. " I guess your really busy but I cant wait for you to be my host, how does 8-21-10 look?" If they dont call you back and give you a no, call back!!! Still no answer call l them and say "I cant wait to se you on _____! Im going to send out a host packet" Im sure you will get a call or an answer very soon! Also dont leave much information on voicemail... now they know what you want! Example: Hey Stacey its Julie just wanted to tell you... (and hang up) they will call back, they dont know what you want!!

I told my director about my problems about getting call back, and the answering machine... I am working on my calls as well, but I wanted to share some information.

Being one of "THOSE PEOPLE" who doesn't answer the phone- for me, it's "I don't know the number, and I don't want to deal with any sales pitch right now". Because think about it- 9 times out of 10- when it's an unknown number, it IS a sales person from the Cable company, or the phone company or whatever, trying to upsell you on the services, etc. When it's a company I DO need to talk to - like the HVAC service or the pest control- reminding me of service schedules, etc coming up...I do appreciate it (they leave a voicemail).

So my philosophy that I'm hoping to incorporate into my business for calls is to make it about CUSTOMER SERVICE. If the bookings come, FANTASTIC! Otherwise, I'm not going to get hung up on it. I'm doing them a service call, nothing more. My VM would indicate as much as well. I wouldn't be comfortable doing what you do by saying "I can't wait to see you on XXX, and I'm sending out a host packet." If I was on the receiving end, I'd be ticked. Sorry- just me. :) I know you mean well, but that is way to pushy for me...but if it works for you, then good!

Anyway- just wanted to chime in on the "people not answering" the phone bit...from the other side of the phone. :)

1. What caused the lackluster sales in August?

There were a few factors that contributed to the lower sales in August. One of the main reasons was the end of summer, which typically leads to a decrease in demand for our products. Additionally, there were some unexpected supply chain delays that affected our ability to restock popular items in a timely manner.

2. What lessons did the company learn from the slow month?

We learned the importance of anticipating seasonal trends and planning accordingly. We also realized the need to have backup suppliers in case of unexpected delays. Furthermore, we are implementing new strategies to diversify our product offerings and attract customers throughout the year.

3. Will there be any changes in product availability moving forward?

Yes, we are actively working on improving our supply chain management to ensure that popular products are consistently in stock. We are also exploring new partnerships with suppliers to expand our product line and offer more options to our customers.

4. How will the company address customer concerns about delayed orders?

We understand the frustration and inconvenience that comes with delayed orders, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused. Our customer service team is available to assist with any concerns and provide updates on the status of orders. We are also offering discounts and special promotions to make up for the delays.

5. What steps are being taken to ensure better sales in the future?

In addition to addressing the issues that contributed to the slow month, we are also investing in new marketing strategies to reach a wider audience and attract new customers. We are also continuously evaluating and improving our products and services to meet the evolving needs and preferences of our customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cr8vKitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
jodyskitchen1
  • apamperedone
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefliz
  • keyssizzler