• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Athenian Cheese Rounds: Delicious Recipe & Cookbook Source | TIA ~shannon

In summary, Gwen thinks that the recipe for the layered Athenian cheese spread is online but is not sure if it is the right one. She has an email out to her director but thought she might check with the community first. Shannon has the recipe and has included it in her post.
purrbal
Gold Member
Does anyone have the recipe or know off hand which cookbook the recipe is in? :chef: I have an email out to my director but thought I might check with you all. TIA ~shannon

Last edited:
Found on the web--I'd add the PC Greek herb blend, serve on rounds of bread. Is this even close to what you're seeking?GwenLayered Athenian Cheese SpreadPrep time: 20 minutesChill time: 3 hours2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened2 packages (4 ounces each) crumbled feta cheese1 garlic clove, pressed1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained1 jar (7 ounces) sweet roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry1/3 cup whole natural almonds, choppedCanapé French Bread (recipe follows), toastedCombine cream cheese and feta cheese in Classic Batter Bowl. Press garlic over cheese mixture using Garlic Press; mix well. Stir in spinach.Chop red peppers using Food Chopper. Line Small Batter Bowl with plastic wrap; divide cheese mixture in half. Press half of the cheese mixture into small batter bowl; top with red peppers. Spread remaining cheese mixture over red peppers. Cover; refrigerate several hours to allow flavors to blend.To serve, invert onto serving plate. Remove plastic wrap. Chop almonds with food chopper; press onto top of molded cheese. Serve with toasted Canapé French Bread (p. 25) or assorted crackers.Yield: 20 servingsNutrients per serving (about 3 tablespoons): Calories 130, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 250 mg, Fiber less than 1 gDiabetic exchanges per serving: 1/2 meat, 1 1/2 fatCook’s Tip: You can make this recipe early in the morning on the day of your party. The flavors will be blended even better.Source: Pampered Chef

Athenian Spinach Cheese RoundsI know we had them at her house one meeting but I just had issues finding the recipe. OY! My :chef: director got it to me first thing this morning so I wanted to share with you all too. I will add recipe document in bit. :D

Athenian Spinach Pastry Rounds (These are delish!! :angel: )

Ingredients:
1 red bell pepper, chopped

9 oz pkg. frozen chopped spinach,

1/2 cup mayo,

4 oz crumbled feta cheese,

1 garlic clove, pressed

8 oz pkg. refrig. crescent rolls, cut the dough into slices to make little rounds (16 to 20)

1 oz (1/4 cup) fresh parmesan cheese.

Mix first 5 ingredients and half of parmesan in batter bowl. Slice crescent rolls and flatten rounds onto stone. Use Med. Scoop to dollop mixture onto rounds and then top each one with a little parm. Bake at 400 for about 15 minutes... Keep an eye on them, everyone oven is different, but you want them to be a darkish golden brown.

CookingwithMary said:
Found on the web--I'd add the PC Greek herb blend, serve on rounds of bread. Is this even close to what you're seeking?
I had found that one too, I wasn't sure if it was right or not until I got the recipe from my director. Thank you so much for trying to help me.

Hi Shannon,I'm a Pampered Chef consultant and I would be happy to help you out with the recipe you're looking for. Can you provide more details about the recipe, such as the name or main ingredients? That way, I can check my cookbooks and see if I can locate it for you. In the meantime, I'll also reach out to my director and see if she has any information on the recipe. I'll get back to you as soon as I have more information.Best,

1. What ingredients do I need to make Athenian Cheese Rounds?

To make Athenian Cheese Rounds, you will need phyllo dough, feta cheese, cream cheese, eggs, dill, and green onions. You may also want to add some optional ingredients like olives or sun-dried tomatoes for extra flavor.

2. Can I substitute the phyllo dough with a different type of dough?

Yes, you can substitute the phyllo dough with crescent roll dough or puff pastry if desired. Keep in mind that the cooking time may vary depending on the dough used.

3. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes approximately 24 Athenian Cheese Rounds, which can serve 6-8 people as an appetizer or 3-4 people as a main dish.

4. Can I make these ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Athenian Cheese Rounds ahead of time and refrigerate them until you are ready to bake them. They can also be frozen and reheated in the oven before serving.

5. Are there any variations to this recipe?

Yes, you can add different types of cheese or herbs to customize the flavor of these cheese rounds. Some suggestions include adding parmesan or cheddar cheese, or swapping out the dill for basil or oregano.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Kathy's_Kitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kcjodih
Replies
Views
Admin Greg