• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for the Recipe for Lacy Cheese Rounds from MORE Stoneware Sensations?

In summary, these would be similar cheese crisps: - Monterey Jack or Colby cheese- Butter- Finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese- Dijon mustard- All-purpose flour- Cookie Press with disk #4- Large round stone- Mini-Serving Spatula- Mexican Cheese Crisps with avocado
straitfan
Gold Member
I'm doing food for my niece's wedding reception in a few weeks and someone suggested Lacy Cheese Rounds from MORE Stoneware Sensations (I was embarrassed I didn't even know there was such a book!) Can anyone share the recipe? TIA!

Don't have that cookbook, but assume that these would be similar.

Cheese Crisps
Ingredients:4 oz (125 g) fresh Parmesan or Asiago cheese (about 1 cup/250 mL packed)

Directions:
Heat (10-in./25-cm) Skillet over medium heat until hot. Meanwhile, grate cheese using Rotary Grater. Sprinkle half of the cheese evenly over bottom of Skillet. When cheese begins to melt and surface turns light yellow, remove from heat. Starting at edge, gently peel cheese disk away from pan using Classic Scraper. Cool completely.
Repeat with remaining cheese. Break crisps into pieces and serve over salads, pasta dishes or soups.
Yield: 4 servings

Nutrients per serving: (1/2 crisp): Calories 100, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 1 g, Protein 9 g, Sodium 390 mg, Fiber 0 g

Cheddar Cheese Crisps
Ingredients:1/2 cup (125 mL) butter (1 stick), softened
1/2 cup (125 mL) finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese (do not use pre-shredded cheese) (2 oz/60 g)
1/2 cup (125 mL) finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese (2 oz/60 g)
3/4 tsp (4 mL) dried dill weed
1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
2 tbsp (30 mL) water
1 1/4 cups (300 mL) all-purpose flour

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375°F (180°C). In large mixing bowl, mix butter, cheeses, dill, mustard and water on low speed of electric mixer 30 seconds or until well blended. Add flour; mix just until flour is incorporated and dough pulls away from sides of bowl (do not over-mix).
Fit Cookie Press with disk #4; fill with dough. Press long, continuous strips of dough across length of Cookie Sheet. Cut each strip into 1 1/2-in. (4-cm) rectangles. Using Mini-Serving Spatula, move rectangles 1 in. (2.5 cm) apart for even baking.
Bake 10-14 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Remove to cooling rack. Cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
Yield: About 5 dozen

Nutrients per serving: (1 crisp): Calories 30, Total Fat 2 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 40 mg, Fiber 0

Cook's Tips: If using other disks, fit Cookie Press with desired disk; fill with dough. Press dough onto Cookie Sheet 1 in. (2.5 cm.) apart; bake 16-20 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.

Yield: About 3 dozen

Nutrients per serving (1 crisp): Calories 50, Total Fat 4 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 4 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 65 mg, Fiber 0 g

Not quite....what she described to me was cutting squares off of a block of cheese, laying them on a stone, baking for a while and then garnishing with ranch dip or guac. in the EAD. i may just have to experiment!

Lacy cheese would be made by grating the cheese into a mound on your bar pan and baking until they're crisp. Experiment.

1 block (8 oz.) Monterey Jack or Colby cheese

Preheat oven to 375. Cut cheese chunk into 1/4 inch slices; cut each slice in half to make squares. Place half of cheese squares 2 inches apart on Lg. Round Stone. Bake 16-18 min or until cheese is lacy in apppearance and edges are lightly browned. Cool cheese rounds 1 minute on stone until cheese stops sizzling. Remove to cooling rack. Wipe stone with paper towels; repeat with remaining cheese squares. Cool completely.

8 oz. container French Onion dip, guac or ranch dip. Fill easy accent decorator and pipe onto cooled rounds.

Garnish with chopped tomato, cilantro leaves or parsley sprigs.

chefmickey1 said:
1 block (8 oz.) Monterey Jack or Colby cheese

Preheat oven to 375. Cut cheese chunk into 1/4 inch slices; cut each slice in half to make squares. Place half of cheese squares 2 inches apart on Lg. Round Stone. Bake 16-18 min or until cheese is lacy in apppearance and edges are lightly browned. Cool cheese rounds 1 minute on stone until cheese stops sizzling. Remove to cooling rack. Wipe stone with paper towels; repeat with remaining cheese squares. Cool completely.

8 oz. container French Onion dip, guac or ranch dip. Fill easy accent decorator and pipe onto cooled rounds.

Garnish with chopped tomato, cilantro leaves or parsley sprigs.

sounds yummy, er cheesy.

That's it! I was beginning to think I was crazy b/c I was 99 3/4% sure that there was no grating involved! (which is why I thought I could make a large quantity of them!) Thanks so much! I really appreciate everyone's willingness to help me out. That's what I LOVE about this board.

there is a video available on facebook - Mexican Cheese Crisps w/ Avacado.

Actually - the recipe for the old lacy cheese rounds used grated cheese. But that was using parmesan or romano cheese.

The new recipe, using a cheddar or mont. jack cheese, is using sliced cheese.

But the instructions for baking are pretty much the same.

1. What are Iso-Lacy Cheese Rounds made of?

Iso-Lacy Cheese Rounds are made of a combination of cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, and flour, with a dash of garlic powder and other spices for flavor.

2. How do I prepare Iso-Lacy Cheese Rounds?

To prepare Iso-Lacy Cheese Rounds, you simply mix the ingredients together, form the dough into small rounds, and bake them in the oven for about 15 minutes until they are golden brown and crispy.

3. Can I freeze Iso-Lacy Cheese Rounds?

Yes, you can freeze Iso-Lacy Cheese Rounds before or after baking them. Just make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container before freezing.

4. What other ingredients can I add to Iso-Lacy Cheese Rounds?

Iso-Lacy Cheese Rounds are versatile and can be customized to your liking. Some popular additions include diced jalapenos, crumbled bacon, or chopped herbs.

5. How long do Iso-Lacy Cheese Rounds stay fresh?

Iso-Lacy Cheese Rounds can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To reheat, simply place them in the oven for a few minutes until warmed through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
Replies
Views
cookncoop
  • chefsue
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefsue