• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Texas Sheet Cake From Delightful Desserts Cookbook

In summary, the cake recipe calls for pantry korintje cinnamon, which makes the cake a Tex-Mex style.
Kathy's_Kitchen
Gold Member
HELP!!

Does anyone have the recipe they can post real quick? I do not have this cookbook yet and am wanting to make this for a funeral meal at my church tomorrow.

TIA!

Give me a sec, I'll get it for you.

Here you go! :)

Texas Sheet Cake
(Delightful Desserts...pg 120)

Cake
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil spread (70% fat)
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt

Frosting
5 Tbls fat-free (skim) milk
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 Tbls vegetable oil spread (70% fat)
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray Stoneware Bar Pan with nonstick cooking spray. For cake, combine flour and sugar in Small Batter Bowl; set aside. In Medium (3 qt) Saucepan, heat water, vegetable oil spread and cocoa powder over medium heat; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Using Nylon Spiral Whisk, stir in flour mixture. Add eggs, buttermilk, baking soda, vanilla and salt; mix well. Pour into pan.

2. Bake 22-25 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven to Nonstick Cooling Rack. Cool 10 minutes before frosting.

3. For frosting, place milk, cocoa powder and vegetable oil spread in Large Micro-Cooker. Microwave on HIGH 45 seconds or until spread is melted; whisk until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla; whisk until smooth. Spread over warm cake using Large Spreader. Cool completely. Cut into squares. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.

Makes 24 squares.

Variation: Tex-Mex Sheet Cake: Add 1 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon (or ground cinnamon) to the flour-sugar mixture. Proceed as recipe directs.

Going back to watch the awards for the Canada/Sweden game :D

WOOHOO CANADA!!!

Wow; that was fast! I tried to send my thanks before you sent the recipe but you beat me :)!Thanks again for all your help; I'm going to get to baking now :D

1. What ingredients do I need to make Texas Sheet Cake?

To make Texas Sheet Cake from the Delightful Desserts Cookbook, you will need:

• 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup unsalted butter
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2. Can I use a different type of cocoa powder in this recipe?

Yes, you can use either natural or Dutch-processed cocoa powder in this recipe. Just make sure to use the same amount as called for in the recipe.

3. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes about 20 servings, depending on how large you cut the slices.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this Texas Sheet Cake up to 2 days in advance. Just store it in an airtight container at room temperature.

5. Can I substitute the buttermilk in this recipe?

If you don't have buttermilk on hand, you can make a substitute by mixing 1/2 cup of milk with 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes before using in the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
Replies
Views
chefmama