• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Banana Bread Recipe - TIA!

In summary, the Cooks Illustrated recipe from 1998 is the best banana bread recipe that has been tried.
ChefPaulaB
Does anyone have a good banana bread recipe? I have some bananas that are ready to made into bread and don't have a great recipe. TIA!

Check out the Martha Stewart website, she has an excellent banana bread recipe. I don't have it written out.

From Cooks Illustrated, really the best and easiest banana bread I have ever made.Robin KrestBanana-Chocolate Bread3/1998Greasing and flouring only the bottom of a regular loaf pan causes the bread to cling to the sides and rise higher. If using a nonstick loaf pan, on which the sides are very slick, grease and flour sides as well as the bottom.Makes one 9-inch loaf
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
10 tablespoons granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon table salt
1 1/4 cups toasted walnuts , chopped coarse (about 1 cup)
2 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate , grated (a heaping 1/2 cup)
3 very ripe bananas , soft, darkly speckled, mashed well (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 large eggs , beaten lightly
6 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted and cooled
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1. Adjust oven rack to lower middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of regular loaf pan, or grease and flour bottom and sides of nonstick 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan; set aside. Combine first five ingredients and chocolate together in large bowl; set aside.2. Mix mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla with wooden spoon in medium bowl. Lightly fold banana mixture into dry ingredients with rubber spatula until just combined and batter looks thick and chunky. Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan; bake until loaf is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.

This is the one I use....when I was working outside of the house, I used to get REQUESTS to bring this in!! It calls for 6 bananas...I have used as few as 3 large bananas and it always worked for me!

Chocolate Banana Bread - Allrecipes

This is my very favorite one - and it's my mama's recipe!!!

1/2 c. unsalted butter
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. chopped pecans
4 small bananas, mashed (or 3 very large)
2 tsp. vanilla

Mix together, pour into loaf pan and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. WONDERFUL!!! Makes me hungry for some right now!! :love:

Here is the TOP RATED recipe from Allrecipes.com

I love this recipe - the only change I make to it is to add a splash of vanilla and a couple shakes of cinnamon.

BANANA BANANA BREAD

* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup butter
* 3/4 cup brown sugar
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.

I was just coming here to post this EXACT thread. lol :)

Wow! Thank you ladies! Now I have to decide which one to try first! They all sound excellent! I'll be buying more bananas to let ripen on my counter so I can try them all!!! :)

Here's another one, this is really good, but it's almost like a cake, it's very sweet and thick. It's from a co-worker, she makes it often when we have bananas up here to get rid of.

2 ½ cups flour
1 ½ cups sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sour cream
4 bananas
1 cup butter
pinch of salt

Mix all the wet together (cream sugar and butter together first, beat in the eggs, bananas, sour cream, vanilla), in separate bowl mix your dry (flour, bs, bp)…original recipe called for sifting the dry but I’m real roguish about it I just mix it all up with a spoon. Add your dry to wet and beat until smooth, bananas will cause lumps but if you mash them up real good with a fork before adding to the wet that is best. Put in a greased baking pan ( I sprinkle flour on the grease) and bake at 350 until brown or toothpick, knife whatever you may use comes out clean (about 50-55 min).
*Add cream cheese icing to top while hot.

When I have a ton of ripe bananas...I peel 'em and bag 'em (enough for my banana bread recipe) and then freeze 'em. They turn brown but who cares when you make banana bread?

Chefstover2 said:
When I have a ton of ripe bananas...I peel 'em and bag 'em (enough for my banana bread recipe) and then freeze 'em. They turn brown but who cares when you make banana bread?

I do this too. I also peel them, and wrap them individually in aluminum foil and freeze them (they don't get as brown this way) and then use them for smoothies. I always have several in my freezer. I make a ton of smoothies, so I buy overripe bananas on clearance and do this sometimes too.

Well Becky, I have mini-muffins in the oven as we speak, made from your recipe (plus the cinnamon). I also sprinkled a tiny bit of sweet caramel sprinkle on top of each one too. Probably didn't need to! The rest of the batter is going to go in the mini-fluted stone, which I love!

Also, I found that the mix'n'chop works wonderfully for chopping/smooshing the ripe bananas. Someone else has probably thought of that already, but I'm proud of that little brainwave :).

Thanks for the recipe Becky, I'll let you know how they turn out. Next time I'll have to try someone elses...

AnnieBee said:
Well Becky, I have mini-muffins in the oven as we speak, made from your recipe (plus the cinnamon). I also sprinkled a tiny bit of sweet caramel sprinkle on top of each one too. Probably didn't need to! The rest of the batter is going to go in the mini-fluted stone, which I love!

Also, I found that the mix'n'chop works wonderfully for chopping/smooshing the ripe bananas. Someone else has probably thought of that already, but I'm proud of that little brainwave :).

Thanks for the recipe Becky, I'll let you know how they turn out. Next time I'll have to try someone elses...

I have made them as muffins with the cinnamon sprinkles on top. This is such a good, simple recipe! Hope you like them as much as we do.:chef:

Oh - and I use the mix n masher for my bananas - and then use it for stirring up the batter. It works beautifully for this recipe!

AnnieBee said:

I was going to suggest the same thing... the mix and chop does wonders on mashing the bananas! Just like avocados for guac!:love:

AnnieBee said:

Okay, I tried posting this once, but it disappeared into neverland I guess... Your ideas about the mini-muffins and the mini-fluted stone sound great, but I seem to be lacking in the recipe conversion dept... I can never figure out how to change the cooking times or the oven temp for different sizes... can you share how long you cooked yours in both of these, or maybe just how you figure out the difference in times. I was also thinking about using the silicone floral cupcake pan or the stoneware 12-cup muffin pan... so many possibilites! Please help, I know, I'm helpless, I feel so needy asking all of these questions...:blushing:

Hey Paula,

mini-muffins - about 12 mins. This sprinkles on the top were sooo good. Would be awesome on bread in a pan too.

mini-fluted, about 23mins, but they weren't very full. I should have done 3 instead of 4 (plus the pan of mini-muffins) to make them fuller.

All at 350­°F

HTH!

AnnieBee said:
Hey Paula,

mini-muffins - about 12 mins. This sprinkles on the top were sooo good. Would be awesome on bread in a pan too.

mini-fluted, about 23mins, but they weren't very full. I should have done 3 instead of 4 (plus the pan of mini-muffins) to make them fuller.

All at 350*°F

HTH!

thanks! when i see people switching up what they are baking in i start to sweat with panic! haha. because im horrible at the conversions too. then ill just end up with a burn - or undercooked - mess.

ChefBeckyD said:

I love this recipe - the only change I make to it is to add a splash of vanilla and a couple shakes of cinnamon.

BANANA BANANA BREAD

* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup butter
* 3/4 cup brown sugar
* 2 eggs, beaten

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.

thanks becky! i made this recipe over the weekend and LOVED it. i brought another loaf into work today and all of my coworkers loved it too! i added made it with 3 bananas & added your "splash" of vanilla. its the best/most moist banana bread ive ever had!

thecougchef said:
thanks becky! i made this recipe over the weekend and LOVED it. i brought another loaf into work today and all of my coworkers loved it too! i added made it with 3 bananas & added your "splash" of vanilla. its the best/most moist banana bread ive ever had!

Yea! Glad it worked well for you. I love this recipe because it is simple, uses few ingredients (and ones I almost always have on hand) and comes out great every time!

now I don't know which recipe to try! They all sound so good! :)

Perfect.. I have bananas ready to cook into bread.. but which recipe to choose...

ChefBeckyD said:

BANANA BANANA BREAD

* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup butter
* 3/4 cup brown sugar
* 2 eggs, beaten

DIRECTIONS

about how many bananas is that (2 1/3 cups)? (mine are in the freezer)

stefani2 said:
about how many bananas is that (2 1/3 cups)? (mine are in the freezer)

It really depends on the size of the bananas. I've made it with large bananas, and it would be around 3-4. Average # that I use though is around 5.

1. What ingredients do I need to make this delicious banana bread?

To make this delicious banana bread, you will need ripe bananas, flour, sugar, butter, eggs, baking soda, vanilla extract, and salt.

2. Can I use gluten-free flour for this recipe?

Yes, you can use gluten-free flour to make this banana bread. Just make sure to check the conversion ratio for substituting regular flour with gluten-free flour.

3. How long does it take to bake the banana bread?

The baking time for this banana bread recipe is approximately 60 minutes. However, it is always best to start checking for doneness around the 50-minute mark.

4. Can I add nuts or chocolate chips to the banana bread?

Absolutely! You can add chopped nuts, such as walnuts or pecans, or chocolate chips to the batter before baking. Just be sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

5. Can I freeze the banana bread?

Yes, you can freeze this banana bread. Simply wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw it in the refrigerator before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • straitfan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Mitzyz
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies