• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You Ready to Think on Your Feet?

Yes, it was Pat Pearson. She said that the most important thing is to keep the conversation moving forward.
raebates
Staff member
Several days ago someone asked for help on how to respond when someone asks about their PC logo-wear. A lot of great advice was offered.

Today I was reading through my August Real Simple magazine, when I came across an article titled how to think on your feet. The author had gone to an improv school to find out how to handle those "dead air" moments.

The first of three techniques was Yes . . . and. You say yes, then expand it with an and that often leads to a question. Here's how I can see it working for PC.

Ooh, Pampered Chef--do you sell it?

Yes, I'm a consultant, and I love my job! Are you a fan of the products?

Yeah, I don't have much, but I love the stoneware.

Oh, yes, the stoneware's amazing, and it's even better when you can get it free. Have you ever hosted a party?

You can see where I'm going with this. The second technique was to go with your gut. Don't be too concerned about the perfect thing to say. The first thing that comes to mind is probably best. (Well, if you're like me and the first thing you think of is often some snarky, sarcastic come-back, you might want to go with the second thing that comes to mind. :rolleyes:) The most important thing is to keep the conversation moving forward.

I would encourage you to pick up a copy of the magazine and check out the article by Gail Blanke. I'll be putting this technique to good use tomorrow at The Furry Guy's company picnic. I'll of course be decked out in PC gear, so I expect lots of questions and comments.

raebates said:
Several days ago someone asked for help on how to respond when someone asks about their PC logo-wear. A lot of great advice was offered.

Today I was reading through my August Real Simple magazine, when I came across an article titled how to think on your feet. The author had gone to an improv school to find out how to handle those "dead air" moments.

The first of three techniques was Yes . . . and. You say yes, then expand it with an and that often leads to a question. Here's how I can see it working for PC.

Ooh, Pampered Chef--do you sell it?

Yes, I'm a consultant, and I love my job! Are you a fan of the products?

Yeah, I don't have much, but I love the stoneware.

Oh, yes, the stoneware's amazing, and it's even better when you can get it free. Have you ever hosted a party?

You can see where I'm going with this. The second technique was to go with your gut. Don't be too concerned about the perfect thing to say. The first thing that comes to mind is probably best. (Well, if you're like me and the first thing you think of is often some snarky, sarcastic come-back, you might want to go with the second thing that comes to mind. :rolleyes:) The most important thing is to keep the conversation moving forward.

I would encourage you to pick up a copy of the magazine and check out the article by Gail Blanke. I'll be putting this technique to good use tomorrow at The Furry Guy's company picnic. I'll of course be decked out in PC gear, so I expect lots of questions and comments.

What if it is the 5th or 6th thought that comes to mind... LOL!!

Sometimes I think other people just want to cover my mouth so the words don't slip out...LOL!!

Rae you are so good - PC always on the brain. I guess this will teach me for only skimming through my magazines! I would have lost out on a totally awesome article in a magazine I pay for if it wasn't for you! Thanks!

Thanks for sharing Rae!

raebates said:
I would encourage you to pick up a copy of the magazine and check out the article by Gail Blanke.

I love Gail Blanke. I read her book "Between Trapezes" a couple years ago and got a lot out of it. She has a website: http://www.betweentrapezes.com/ (it's doesn't look up to date, but there's additional articles there)

Rae, good luck tomorrow!

My pleasure.Alison, I was talking with my DS today, and we were talking about having a mindset of "open for business." He was telling me that he noticed I do that without being overbearing. (He's a very good and perceptive son. :)) Now, we've all met those people who desperately try to turn every encounter into a sale/host/recruit. People quickly start to avoid them. I think you guys know me well enough by now to know that's definitely not me. An open-for-business mindset is simply keeping your eyes open for business opportunities and ways of bettering your business. If I remember correctly, it was Pat Pearson who mentioned in her Gratitude Recruiting workshop that you need to use 80% of your enrichment time to work on yourself as a person. When I read through magazines, I'm always on the lookout for things I can use to apply to myself as a person and/or to my business. This was an article I read with the thought of applying it to myself. It wasn't until that what-do-you-say thread popped into my head that I thought of applying it to business.

Related to Are You Ready to Think on Your Feet?

1. What is the "Yes . . . and Technique"?

The "Yes . . . and Technique" is a method commonly used in improvisational comedy that encourages individuals to accept and build upon the ideas of others in a scene. It involves saying "yes" to whatever is presented and adding to it with the word "and", creating a collaborative and supportive environment.

2. How can the "Yes . . . and Technique" be applied in cooking?

The "Yes . . . and Technique" can be applied in cooking by being open to new ideas and techniques in the kitchen. This can include trying new ingredients, experimenting with different flavor combinations, and being open to feedback and suggestions from others.

3. What are the benefits of using the "Yes . . . and Technique" in cooking?

Using the "Yes . . . and Technique" in cooking can help foster creativity, teamwork, and an overall positive and supportive environment in the kitchen. It can also lead to trying new and exciting dishes and improving cooking skills.

4. How can one practice the "Yes . . . and Technique" in a cooking setting?

One can practice the "Yes . . . and Technique" in a cooking setting by actively listening to others, being open to trying new things, and building upon the ideas and suggestions of others. It can also be helpful to approach cooking with a positive and collaborative mindset.

5. Can the "Yes . . . and Technique" be used in other areas of life?

Yes, the "Yes . . . and Technique" can be applied in many other areas of life, including in relationships, problem-solving, and teamwork. It encourages individuals to be open-minded, supportive, and creative, leading to a more positive and collaborative environment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
emiscookin
  • AMTC
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies