• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You Ready for Mother's Day?!

In summary, the speakers discuss their plans for Mother's Day and the upcoming weekend. One speaker will be going to a dance competition with her daughters, while another plans to work at her parents' restaurant to give her mother a day off. The competition is called Talent on Parade and the speaker's daughter will be performing a hip-hop solo. The conversation also touches on the skimpy costumes and risque performances at dance competitions. Lastly, the speakers share heartwarming moments with their children and wish each other a happy Mother's Day.
lacychef
I probably won't be on here again until Monday, so I wanted to wish all the moms a wonderful Mother's Day:) I hope it's a fabulous day for you!

I'm leaving after lunch today to take my girls to a dance competition in Wichita. My 8yo does her solo dance today; and both my girls' classes do their dances tomorrow. We've never been to competition before, so we're all excited!
And Sunday, I plan to give my mom a day off; & work for her at my parents' restaurant. It's always their busiest day & mom always dreads it! So I plan on waiting tables for her.

Lacy, have fun at dance.... take a book it is (AHEM) boring after awhile :)Which contest is it?
My daughter has performed in showstoppers, Bravo (by far the best), Starpower, Starlight, Starbound and Cathy Roe & a few others I can't remember
this year she danced EVERY weekend in april Fri-Sun I was so sick of it!!What type of solo is she doing?
Lots of Luck!!

It's called Talent on Parade. Everyone tells me how entertained we'll be; I love watching the girls dance. There are some older girls from my dd's studio that are so good they bring tears to my eyes.
DD's dance...well we thought it was a jazz dance, but they entered it in hip-hop. I guess the song is more hip-hop so we'll see...

you will be entertained but after awhile your eyes start to glaze over. I feel sorry for the judges!!I remember thinking the first year, my daughter will never wear a costume that skimpy or dance that "sexy" but she does and we are proud of her! Now we have a closet full of them

Just got this & had to share in case you haven't read....seen it before but love it!

Before I was a Mom,
I never tripped over toys
or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn't worry whether or not
my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.
Before I was a Mom,
I had never been puked on.
Pooped on.
Chewed on.
Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind
and my thoughts.
I slept all night..
Before I was a Mom,
I never held down a screaming child
so doctors could do tests.
Or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night
watching a baby sleep.
Before I was a Mom,
I never held a sleeping baby just because
I didn't want to put her down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces
when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small
could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.
Before I was a Mom,
I didn't know the feeling of
having my heart outside my body.
I didn't know how special it could feel
to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond
between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small
could make me feel so important and happy.
Before I was a Mom,
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night
every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth,
the joy,
the love,
the heartache,
the wonderment
or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much,
before I was a Mom.

Happy Mother's Day all!!

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i192/plantedindurango/happy_mothers_day.gif

I think that's really great that you're going to work in the restaurant! Bravo!

(There's a brass pole joke in here someplace but I'm having a little trouble working it in.

Oh, I guess I just did. :D)

If you've ever seen the teen solos at a dance competition, you'd swear they are auditioning for a job in a strip joint. (not all of them but a good # of them are very risque)

Happy Mother's Day Ladies!:balloon: :D :) Have a great day!

Lacy,
Hope she brought home a platinum!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!

Kids say the darndest things (and sometimes the most profound).

My son (he'll be 4 on June 8) wished me a Happy Mother's Day this morning. I told him that because of him, I'm called Mommy now. He looked really concerned and said "But Mommy, how did you know who you were before I came?"

For some silly reason, that brought tears to my eyes.

That is sweet Becky!

DS announced this morning that I should have the day off. So, he and DH are cooking and cleaning the kitchen today......they are not very good at the cleaning part though!

:) :) A very Happy Mothers Day to all!!!:) :)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I think that's really great that you're going to work in the restaurant! Bravo!

(There's a brass pole joke in here someplace but I'm having a little trouble working it in.

Oh, I guess I just did. :D)

I'll just pay attention to the first line here, thanks:p

Hope you all had a good weekend!

The competition was a lot of fun; we didn't get to watch the older girls, that was yesterday. Caitlyn brought home a first place trophy (not top first though, but still good for her first time), she also got 8th place out of the "novices" (first time competitors). Her group dance also got a first place in the category, and 4th I think in novices, and 7th place in their age group. Brianna's class (my 4yo) also got a first place, and 8th in their age. They danced to Kenny Chesney's "she thinks my tractors sexy"---too cute!
Fun, but they'll be exhausted today!

1. What are some good Mother's Day gift ideas from Pampered Chef?

We have a variety of gift options for Mother's Day, including our popular stoneware, cookware, and kitchen tools. Our limited edition Mother's Day gift sets, such as the Mother's Day Breakfast in Bed set, are also a great choice.

2. Can I personalize a gift for my mom?

Yes, we offer personalization options for select products, such as our engraved bamboo cutting boards and etched glassware. These make for a thoughtful and unique gift for your mom.

3. Is there a Mother's Day sale or promotion at Pampered Chef?

We often have special promotions and sales for Mother's Day. Be sure to check our website or contact your Pampered Chef consultant for the latest offers.

4. What if my mom doesn't like to cook?

No problem! We have a range of non-cooking products such as candles, home decor, and personal care items that make for great Mother's Day gifts. Our consultants can help you find the perfect gift for your mom.

5. Can I have a gift shipped directly to my mom?

Yes, you can have your gift shipped directly to your mom's address. During the checkout process, you can enter a different shipping address and add a personalized message for your mom.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sherri lynn
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates