• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are you part of The Fellowship of the Unashamed?

In summary, the senior minister at the church shared a piece called "The Fellowship of the Unashamed" in honor of the late Rev. Jerry Falwell. The piece highlights the persistence required to follow Christ and the speaker declares their commitment to being a disciple of Jesus.
katie0128
Silver Member
This is an excerpt from a weekly email sent from the senior minister at our church. Read it... I hope you get the biggest goose bumps of your life like I did. May your "banner be clear" as well!

"This week too, (as you've no doubt heard) Rev. Jerry Falwell, the pastor of a large church in the area in Virginia where I spent my high school days (and my wife Donna grew up) passed away. He was many things to many people and a giant influence in that area and beyond. No matter what people may say about him, he was a paragon of persistence. I close this week by including a piece I saw years ago that describes the passionate persistence required to follow Christ for the long haul. The title is The Fellowship of the Unashamed. As I read it again today, I thought of Jerry. It could have been his life mantra. Perhaps it could be yours too..."

The Fellowship of the Unashamed...
I am part of a fellowship of the unashamed. I have Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I'm a disciple of Jesus, and I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away or be still. My past is redeemed. My present makes sense. My future is secure. I'm finished and done with smooth knees, colorless dreams, tame divisions, mundane talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals, I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotion, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on his presence, walk by patience, live by prayer and labor by power. My faith is set. My gait is fast. My goal is heaven. My road is narrow. My way is rough. My companions are few. But my God is reliable and my mission dear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded or delayed. I will not flinch in face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up or let up till I've stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up and preached up for the cause of Christ. I'm a disciple of Jesus. I must go till he comes, give till I drop, preach till all know and work till he stops me. And when he comes for his own, he will have no problem recognizing me, because my banner will be clear."

Wow....Now that really makes you stand back and think about how clear your banner is. Thank you for sharing this.

Speechless.

I had to look up who wrote that. Dr. Bob Moorehead.

Related to Are you part of The Fellowship of the Unashamed?

What is "the Fellowship of the Unashamed"?

"The Fellowship of the Unashamed" is a statement of faith and commitment to living a life devoted to God, regardless of any challenges or obstacles that may come our way.

Who wrote "the Fellowship of the Unashamed"?

The author of "The Fellowship of the Unashamed" is unknown, but it has been attributed to several different authors over the years. However, the message and meaning behind the statement remain the same.

What is the significance of "the Fellowship of the Unashamed"?

The significance of "The Fellowship of the Unashamed" lies in its powerful declaration of faith and devotion to God. It serves as a reminder to Christians to remain steadfast in their beliefs and live unashamedly for Christ.

Is "the Fellowship of the Unashamed" affiliated with a specific denomination or organization?

No, "The Fellowship of the Unashamed" is not affiliated with any specific denomination or organization. It is a universal statement of faith that can be embraced by Christians of all backgrounds and denominations.

Can I join "the Fellowship of the Unashamed"?

Yes, anyone who shares the same beliefs and commitment to living unashamedly for Christ can consider themselves a part of "The Fellowship of the Unashamed". It is a personal declaration of faith and does not require any formal membership or registration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • quiverfull7
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies