• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are you a mom with multiple jobs? How many do you hold?

In summary, many people work full time, but there are also many people who work part-time and also have children.
chefkeri
Hi all,
I'm curious as to how many stay at home, work f/t, p/t, male/female? Is anyone else curious, or do I just have too much time on my hands? :rolleyes:

SAHM?
SAHD?
Working Mom?
Working Dad?
F/T work Female/Male + PC?
P/T work Female/Male + PC?

What a great thread to start. I work 4 days a week, considered FT but I have to make sure I get my hours. I also have two boys ages 5 & 3 who are all boy, especially the youngest. I love doing PC because it is for me. I don't have much time to myself so I kind of think of PC as a stress reliever.

I have my PC business.
I run the City of Boise Parks and Recreation Youth Drama and Science Programs - 8 weeks of summer camps and week night classes during school.
I work for a company called Ain't It Good Productions which gets people ready to go to the World Championship of Performing Arts and hopefully get contracts.
I am also a substitute teacher, certified to teach drama and got a call today for a full-time high school drama position, which I really don't want!
Oh, and I'm married, too...no kids yet.
Whew!

i am a sahm and i do pampered chef and passion parties

PC Is my stress relief as well,I work full time as a hospital medical records coder, RHIT, CCS. extremely stressful and very demanding and I sure can't wait to come home and see what UPS has left for me !

apriljc said:
What a great thread to start. I work 4 days a week,

considered FT but I have to make sure I get my hours. I also have two boys ages 5 & 3 who are all boy, especially the youngest. I love doing PC because it is for me. I don't have much time to myself so I kind of think of PC as a stress reliever.

I'm an Air Traffic COntroller (all shift work!) and a wife and mother of a teenage football player. I Promoted to Diretor 1 Jul and now sometimes I feel like I have 2 full time jobs.! But I'm hanging in there becuase the hubby (who is a contoller too) wants to retire in 7 years. When he does I will reitre from the tower too and just do what I really love (PC) and have the flexibilty and still have an income too!

I work full time as an assistant food services director.
My children aare grown but we watch our grandson 4 days a week. it is hard to do pc and do this full time i am trying to get motivated again. I even went to conference and it helped for a while.
I just have to find it with in my self. Teresa

PC is my main income source (yeah, it only took 3 1/2yrs!) I also work in my in-laws' mechanic shop as a book-keeper 3 mornings a week, & I'm a back up help at my parents' restaurant. You know, they call me when someone needs a night off! I love the fact that I make more doing PC than the waitressing job I USED to have! (at another restaurant here in town) My hubby & I are also distributors for Livinity.
I'm also married, and have 2 beautiful girls, 7 & almost 3!

I am a full-time insurance agent. I have 2 daughters ages 17 and 21 and a husband who works usually 6 days/week. We are a very busy family, but I love TPC! I work part-time and have only been a consultant for 5 months. It isn't my goal to go full-time (family biz).

Jeanie Gay

I stay home with my 18-month-old daughter & also baby-sit my 3 year old nephew 45-50 hours a week & my 10-month-old nephew 3 days a week. I love PC because I can get out of the house! I'm working to make it a full-time business-going to conference really helped my motivation!

i work FT as a secretary/records clerk for our area police department, my PC business, wife, mom, grandmother, mother-in-law, daugher, sister, friend (just to name a few).:)

I work for the government full time, am the President of the local Golden Retriever Rescue and do Pampered Chef as my hobby. I am also very active in the Chamber of Commerce for the Golden Rescue so I feel like I have 3 jobs. :) I have no children and my huband is in Korea for a year so it keeps me busy and the time going by quickly.

I work FT as a Sales Manager for OfficeMax, PC is PT and I have 3 kids, one is 10 and the other two are 2 1/2. We also have two labs that we are breeding...I just can't wait for all of those puppies!!

I am a FT time to my two wonderful sons ages (almost) 8 and 4 and 1/2. I am room mom for both kids's classrooms and am on the PTA executive board at my older son's school. I help out at my husband's Italian Ices business every so often....but my kids are my #1 focus.

Well, I was a part time babysitter in my home, but I just took in 3 more kids, so now I will be full time. I have two step-daughters, 14 & 12, that live with us full time. I have a 5 year old son that I am getting ready to start homeschooling. I have 4 dogs and 2 cats. I love PC and hope to replace my babysitting income with it in a couple of years. I have one recruit, one that is going to sign at her party this month (she wants to use her credit for the kit) and another that is 99.9% sure she is going to do it. I also have a friend that brings her husband with her to all the shows she comes to. I have been talking to him about it. He seems slightly interested :)

Wow, I feel like I've stumbled across a superwomen's anonymous meeting! ;)

Hi, my name is Loree and I have a problem...

I work full time as an IT auditor, I have 2 other direct sales businesses in addition to PChef, I am the chairperson for our schools Market Day fundraiser and I have a hubby, 2 boys (9 and 11), 2 dogs, 2 lizards and a hamster. Oh and to really keep it interesting, my husband works nightshift - scheduling gets to be really challenging at times!

Wow! You Go Ladies!Thanks for sharing. I am so glad I asked. I am a SAHM; 6 yr boy; 4 yr girl. PC is my get out of jail free card 2-3 x per month!:D

I have no support from my husband; who is actually passive aggressive and will start a fight the second before I leave for a show and then will call me when I'm 1/2 mile down the road to make me feel "guilty" about something.:mad:

After 20 years together ~ I can just tune him out!:rolleyes: My kids support me & my mom/dad/sister think I'm doing great. All I need!;)

I can't believe I forgot to say what my deal is when I posted the question.:p

I am amazed at the amount of work you ladies put into "LIFE"; when do you sleep?:eek: I guess you don't!

Keep sharing! I love to read about all! Love to hear from some Men too!

My day starts at 5 am. I am a full time senior admin for a mutual fund company. When I started PC, I was working f/t as a financial advisor, and then decided to stay home with the kids and give PC full time a try, but then my hubby decided to quit his job so I returned to work to give us some stable income. I don't have alot of time to do shows now since I have to be in bed by 9 pm and weekends are taken up with my son's soccer... but I have Tasty Tidbits to administer to every night, which takes up a few hours in returning emails and troubleshooting and developing issues and making up flyers. It is tremendously rewarding to see so many peers benefit from it, though, so I continue to plug away and hope I don't lose too many hairs. :) And I still manage to do a few shows here and there and even signed a recruit last week -- so I guess it's just all about balancing priorities!

Hi Ladies,

I am now working a full-time, extremely boring job. I work for a new home builder, where I just sit in a model home and basically greet people when they come in, gather their information and give them information about us and a few floor plans to look at. I was hoping that this would get me out of my shell so that I could start actually holding some real parties with PC. I had been working as a medical transcriptionist for 13 years at home, so for me to be working out of the home is quite an adjustment for me and my children. I could really care less how it affects my husband, because he is no support to me at all in anything I do, well he did support my transcription business only because it was bringing in double and sometimes triple what he was bringing in a week. Sorry to vent, but I just had to get that off my chest. I have been married 20 years. I have 5 children, ages 18, 15, 11 and 8 y/o boy/girl twins. Last night or early this morning my 8 y/o son hit his head on his headboard and woke me up with blood all over and so, I cleaned it up and changed the sheets on his bed, put on a bandaide over the area and hoped it would stop bleeding, but it kept bleeding so I had to take him to the Emergency Department to get a couple of sutures. Great, now I just got a call on my cell from my husband because my daughters had their friends over playing cards while I was gone and while he was gone, and now he is mad at me because these girls were over and no one is supposed to be in the house when we are not there. I tried to cover for my girls by telling him that I didn't think it was too bad to have someone over once in a while. Also, he is not very happy because my 8 and 11 y/o are in cheerleading and they have practice every night from 6 pm to 7:30 pm and he has to take them there, and when I get home I go to their practice and he gets to come home, so technically he is there for about 20 minutes because I get off work at 6 pm go to our house change clothes and then go to the school field. I wish I could of made PC a success before I started working, but now I just can't figure out a schedule that will work. I thought about doing Saturday evening shows, or Sunday afternoon shows but with me working I just hate to spend more time away from my children. I have no support from my family or my husband. My children are my biggest support system and they are what keeps me sane!

Thanks for listening,

Cheryl

::::passing Cheryl some chocolate::::::

Hello Everyone,
My name is RuthAnn. I am new to this board and to PC (still waiting for my kit to arive). I am licensed home day care provider. Currently I have 9 kids that I watch daily. I am married with a 5 yo son, raising our 7yo niece and have her half-sister placed with us in foster care, and in we will be getting the half-brother next month when he is born (drug addicted). I wanted to start with PC to get me out of the house and have a sanity break with adults.
I am very excited!!!!!!

RuthAnn

dannyzmom said:
::::passing Cheryl some chocolate::::::

Thank you Carolyn, I needed this today!!

Cheryl

I am a SAHM of 2 boys. (3 1/3 yrs and 10 months) I also started PC to get out of the house & have adult interaction, as well as some extra cash, of course! Plus, I love PC products. :)

I'm a SAHM of 3 kids (2 boys - 11 1/2 and 9 and one girl who is 5). I started PC on a whim last year (never intending to go back to work) - but heck I don't even consider this work! It's too much fun - I love the products and enjoy cooking. Glad I decided to take a chance

Gina Miller

I work f/t as a legal secretary. I started PC b/c eventually Id love to be part time and spend more time at home w/ my 9 yr old daughter while doing PC. My husband supports me fully in my business and my mom offers to take my daughter if my husband isnt home to care for her when I have a show.

Its great to know that PC is for everyone!

I work full time in a school. I decided to start selling PC because I love their products!!!:D :D At the time, I was a stay at home mom with three boys. I also babysat in my home. At any given time, I would have 5 to 8 kids along with my own. I needed to get out for my own sanity!!!:D :D :D My family was unsure of this business to begin with. But I have been able to help with the monthly bills and be able to give us some extra spending money. I love the idea of not only earning money but also able to earn free and discounted products. I only do about 3-4 shows a month. But at this time, that is all that we need me to do. My job also helps greatly with selling PC. All of the staff there is so happy that they have a PC consultant among them. I get alot of orders from them. I really can not wait until I start back in September. I am really excited about the new products and I am sure that they will be too.
Thanks for all the great input and ideas from this site. You are all a bunch of great people!!!!
Thanks again-
Jodi

Related to Are you a mom with multiple jobs? How many do you hold?

1. How many jobs do you hold at Pampered Chef?

As an employee at Pampered Chef, I hold one full-time job. However, I may take on additional job responsibilities or projects as needed.

2. Do you have any part-time jobs at Pampered Chef?

No, I do not have any part-time jobs at Pampered Chef. My position is a full-time role.

3. How many hours do you typically work at Pampered Chef?

As a full-time employee, I work an average of 40 hours per week at Pampered Chef.

4. Are you allowed to have a second job while working at Pampered Chef?

As long as it does not interfere with my job responsibilities at Pampered Chef, I am allowed to have a second job. However, I am expected to prioritize and fulfill my duties at Pampered Chef first.

5. Can you hold multiple jobs within Pampered Chef?

Yes, it is possible for employees to hold multiple jobs or take on additional responsibilities within Pampered Chef. This may depend on the needs of the company and the individual's qualifications and availability.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Poll
  • chefkeri
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
speedychef
  • mandydollie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mandydollie