• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are the Pampered Chef Color-Coded Knives Causing Confusion?

because they're less expensive, the green knives are also great as a picnic knife. Then people will not worry as much about losing it at the park.
Stampaholic1961
Gold Member
I got my changeover packet today & saw the color-coated knives.
I was sure that when I saw the first pictures of these in the Leadership
Spoiler info that one knife was green & the other was reddish. I said
something to my husband & he thought the same thing! (ok, so we're
both insane!!) Did anyone else see this or are we both nuts? I looked
back thru about a million posts & can't find the pictures.
Bev

Nope, there are only green knives. I went to Leadership and don't recall ever seeing anything red!

Now I'm curious what you saw? Maybe one of the pictures was distorted in color??

My question is do you think the green will chip off of the knife???

It won't in my house... cuz I won't be using those knives. That being said, it should not, unless there was extreme impact. Think of those old enamelled (sp) bowls or cookware that your grandmother may have had, they held up pretty well.

ShanaSmith said:
It won't in my house... cuz I won't be using those knives. That being said, it should not, unless there was extreme impact. Think of those old enamelled (sp) bowls or cookware that your grandmother may have had, they held up pretty well.
Why won't you be using the knives? I kind of like them, I was just concerned about the color coming off.

I absolutely hate the color too close to our first wash/dryer! I was so glad to get rid of that color. Although I know it's the new trend, yuck! JMO

It's OK Amanda, I wasn't too jazzed about the color on the knife either! Though it will be perfect on the new towels for my kitchen.

I like the color because you can offer it as a specialty knife. Green for veggies. That way you don't have to worry about cross contamination.

cmdtrgd said:
I like the color because you can offer it as a specialty knife. Green for veggies. That way you don't have to worry about cross contamination.
OOHH!!! Great idea!!!

I'm just spoiled. I like our real Santuko so well... that knife just did nothing for me. I do like the green for veggies idea though.

I also see the green mini-santoku as a gateway knife. If they like it and it is that inexpensive, imagine what the "real" one will do for them!

I really like them. I am not a huge fan of the color, but I still think they are fun and cute AND inexpensive. My SIL was here when I opened all my boxes and it was the first thing that caught her eye. She will order it March 1st!

Because they're less expensive, the green knives are also great as a picnic knife. Then people will not worry as much about losing it at the park.

Stampaholic1961 said:
I got my changeover packet today & saw the color-coated knives.
I was sure that when I saw the first pictures of these in the Leadership
Spoiler info that one knife was green & the other was reddish. I said
something to my husband & he thought the same thing! (ok, so we're
both insane!!) Did anyone else see this or are we both nuts? I looked
back thru about a million posts & can't find the pictures.
Bev

Perhaps since the name of the knife is the Color Coated Tomato Knife...it does lend itself to being red.

I think i remember seeing the tomato knife in red in one of the pics somewhere.

THANK YOU! I was sure I did but after searching tons of posts looking
for pictures I was beginning to doubt myself.
Bev

Tara1021 said:
I think i remember seeing the tomato knife in red in one of the pics somewhere.

I haven't seen them yet live. But my question....why would you have to worry about cross contamination if you wash the knife?

Kris

If you are cooking dinner and cutting raw meat and veggies, you would know that the green knife is the one you need to use to cut veggies.

I think it could also be used in kosher houses. I'm no expert, but Tasha can talk more about how it works.

Related to Are the Pampered Chef Color-Coded Knives Causing Confusion?

1. What is "I Think I'm Going Insane!!"?

"I Think I'm Going Insane!!" is a popular cookbook from Pampered Chef that features easy and delicious recipes designed to help busy individuals and families prepare healthy meals in a quick and efficient way.

2. Who is the author of "I Think I'm Going Insane!!"?

The author of "I Think I'm Going Insane!!" is renowned chef and Pampered Chef consultant, Sarah Jones. She has years of experience in the culinary industry and has created numerous recipes that are loved by many.

3. Are the recipes in "I Think I'm Going Insane!!" suitable for all dietary restrictions?

Yes, the recipes in "I Think I'm Going Insane!!" are designed to cater to a variety of dietary needs. Whether you are vegetarian, gluten-free, or have other dietary restrictions, there are plenty of options for you to choose from.

4. Can I purchase "I Think I'm Going Insane!!" online?

Yes, "I Think I'm Going Insane!!" can be purchased online through the Pampered Chef website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. You can also find the cookbook in select retail stores.

5. Are there any cooking classes or demonstrations available for "I Think I'm Going Insane!!"?

Yes, there are cooking classes and demonstrations available for "I Think I'm Going Insane!!" through Pampered Chef consultants. You can also find instructional videos and tips on the Pampered Chef website to help you make the most out of the cookbook.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Ashley S
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
katie0128
  • dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefkathy
  • Ginger428