• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Are the Lids Broken? Manufacturing Issues with Plastic Formula?

In summary, several consultants have been experiencing issues with cracked lids on their products, specifically the small batter bowls. This has been happening for a few months and the cause may be a manufacturing defect or changes in the plastic formula. The warehouse is aware of the issue, but it is unclear what steps they are taking to address it. Some consultants have found that doing online adjustments can save time.
amy07
Are any of you having problems with the lids? I'm doing adjustments on almost every one I sell - the lids are cracked upon arrival or crack when the customer uses it. I'm thinking there must be a manufacturing defect somewhere, maybe they changed the plastic formula or something to save some money?

This has been going on for a few months. I haven't had any problems in the last 2 months though.

Wow! Thanks for the heads up.

I was having this problem for a while but like Linda, I haven't for awhile now.

This started back at Christmas time. Recently all my small batter bowls have come with cracked lids. I recently had a customer who got 2 with a cracked lid. When I called the adjustment in,I asked her if they are doing anything about this. She said the warehouse is aware of the issue. OK, so what are they doing about it?

chefkugler said:
This started back at Christmas time. Recently all my small batter bowls have come with cracked lids. I recently had a customer who got 2 with a cracked lid. When I called the adjustment in,I asked her if they are doing anything about this. She said the warehouse is aware of the issue. OK, so what are they doing about it?

wow! That sounds exactly like my conversation with my last adjustment too. ;)

I have had a bunch with cracked lids recently too! If you do the adjustment online they flag it and will email you to see if you just want the lid before they release it. This saves time on calling it in!

chefkugler said:

It's probably cheaper and less labor intensive for them to do the adjustment than to pay someone to go through every SBB in the warehouse and replace the lids.

Yep...I've had 3 cracked lids in the last 2 shows.

Related to Are the Lids Broken? Manufacturing Issues with Plastic Formula?

1. Are the lids on the products from Pampered Chef prone to breaking?

At Pampered Chef, we strive to provide high-quality products for our customers. We understand that accidents can happen, but our lids are made from durable plastic and are not prone to breaking under normal use.

2. How can I tell if my lid is defective or if it's a manufacturing issue?

If you have received a lid that is broken or damaged, it is likely due to a manufacturing issue. Our products go through rigorous quality control processes to ensure that they meet our standards before being shipped to customers. Please contact our customer service team for assistance with a defective lid.

3. Can I get a replacement lid if mine is broken?

Yes, if you have received a defective lid, we are happy to provide a replacement. Please contact our customer service team and they will assist you with getting a new lid.

4. Is there a warranty for the lids on Pampered Chef products?

Yes, our products come with a warranty against manufacturing defects. If your lid is broken due to a manufacturing issue, please contact our customer service team for a replacement.

5. How can I prevent my lids from breaking?

To prevent your lids from breaking, we recommend following the care instructions for each product. Avoid using excessive force when opening or closing lids, and do not expose them to extreme temperatures. It is also important to store your products properly to prevent any accidental damage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Melissa78
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies