• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Tanning Salons Beneficial or Harmful?

37) so I try to go as much as possible.I always envied those that went to Florida on spring break and came back with such great tans. Now I look so much younger than they do!

Have you ever gone to a tanning salon?

• No

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 63 71.6%
  • I would consider it.

Votes: 4 4.5%

• Total voters
I will be going soon!The last time I went to the tanning bed was when we went to Hawaii over 7 years ago.

But, I will burn if I don't at least have some sort of base tan. And BURNING is the leading cause of Melanoma. Living in Wyoming, there is no way I will be able to get any sun before Atlantis! It is supposed to snow today!! YUCK!!!:eek:

And yes, white and fat do not mix! :D :D

I tan. It's my 20 minute therapy......relaxingly warm and NO KIDS!! Otherwise, I have a farmers tan.....dark from the biceps down and from the thighs down. Looks funky if I were to wear anything less, so tanning bed it is.

Paige Dixon said:
Do tanning beds at least give you Vitamin D?

I don't think they give me anything except for the satisfaction of having a good tan! :D I am outside enough to get Vitamin D and I know how to tan reponsibly and not fry myself in them.

I love to tan...it's soothing, relaxing, addicting. I haven't done it in years,though.
The mystic tan spray is the way to go! It's done professionally, evenly and no orange. This is what all the health-conscious 'celebrities' do these days.

I go in the winter....probably about 10 times when I get really depressed. I'm one of "those"! It really makes me feel better! I do a lot of camping in the summer so I get the natural sun but I'm not one to get real dark....I also go just before summer (I hate to burn!) so that I won't burn. I don't like to put sunscreen on so after tanning a couple times...I'm fine to be in the sun! I did used to go a lot when I was younger (when nobody really spoke about it being so bad for people!) and once I started having kids.....they take my time up now so it's rarely that I get to go anyway.

<h2>1. What are the potential benefits of using a tanning salon?</h2><p>Some people enjoy the appearance of a tan and may feel more confident with a darker complexion. Tanning can also provide a temporary boost in mood due to the release of endorphins.</p><h2>2. What are the potential risks of using a tanning salon?</h2><p>Tanning beds emit high levels of UV radiation, which can increase the risk of skin cancer and premature aging. Indoor tanning can also lead to eye damage, such as cataracts or macular degeneration.</p><h2>3. Are there any alternatives to tanning salons for achieving a tan?</h2><p>There are many safer alternatives to tanning salons, such as self-tanning products or spray tans. These options provide a similar appearance without the potential risks associated with UV exposure.</p><h2>4. Why do tanning salons still exist if they can be harmful?</h2><p>Despite the known risks, tanning salons still exist because there is a demand for them. Many people enjoy the appearance of a tan and may not be aware of the potential dangers.</p><h2>5. Have you or anyone you know used a tanning salon?</h2><p>As a company, we do not endorse or support the use of tanning salons. It is important to prioritize your health and well-being over temporary beauty trends. There are many other ways to achieve a bronzed look without putting your health at risk.</p>

Related to Are Tanning Salons Beneficial or Harmful?

1. What are the potential benefits of using a tanning salon?

Some people enjoy the appearance of a tan and may feel more confident with a darker complexion. Tanning can also provide a temporary boost in mood due to the release of endorphins.

2. What are the potential risks of using a tanning salon?

Tanning beds emit high levels of UV radiation, which can increase the risk of skin cancer and premature aging. Indoor tanning can also lead to eye damage, such as cataracts or macular degeneration.

3. Are there any alternatives to tanning salons for achieving a tan?

There are many safer alternatives to tanning salons, such as self-tanning products or spray tans. These options provide a similar appearance without the potential risks associated with UV exposure.

4. Why do tanning salons still exist if they can be harmful?

Despite the known risks, tanning salons still exist because there is a demand for them. Many people enjoy the appearance of a tan and may not be aware of the potential dangers.

5. Have you or anyone you know used a tanning salon?

As a company, we do not endorse or support the use of tanning salons. It is important to prioritize your health and well-being over temporary beauty trends. There are many other ways to achieve a bronzed look without putting your health at risk.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • annew
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
annew
  • topchef.heather