• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are name tags the secret to increasing sales at parties?

In summary, the conversation revolves around tips for remembering names during sales presentations. Suggestions include using name tags with adjectives, repeating names in your head, having individuals introduce themselves and repeat their names, and playing an icebreaker game to get to know everyone's names. All of these methods aim to make the experience more fun for guests and help the presenter remember names, which can ultimately lead to increased sales.
Deb Bixler
Gold Member
Try this Sales Presentation Tip To Increase Sales:love:: Take the time to put a system into place so that you can remember names! Using peoples names will increase your sales!

Perhaps you could suggest a few systems to remember names.

I recently was listening to a training (I think) and the gal said she uses name tags. But not just any nametags. She puts an adjective with each name that rhymes or starts with the same letter and actually calls each person at the show by that name on their name tag. I.E. Happy Hannah, Smiley Samantha, Gorgeous Gale, etc. It makes it fun for all the guests, helps you as the host remember their name, and will help the guests remember you because it added another level of fun to the show.

I used to remember names...then I realized that if someone is bad with names, they'll think they can't do my job. So I use nametags. If you want to remember names, my trick is this:
1. Introduce yourself when they walk in the door, then repeat their name back to them, "Hi Anna, I'm Julie"
2. Every time you are talking to them, think their name over and over in your head.
3. During intros, have them each say a bit more like their name, how they know the host, and their worst kitchen disaster. This takes a bit of time, and allows you to just repeat their name over and over in your head. So as they're talking, listen, but think "Anna, anna, anna, anna"
4. When the second person introduces themselves, go back so you're going to think "Sarah, Sarah Sarah, Anna, Anna, Anna" until eventually you're repeating everyone's names to yourself. It sounds like a lot but it's really not. And it works! Telling yourself you're good with names is key!

Those are all great ideas. What I do is an icebreaker testimonial session at the beginning.

It helps everyone go get to know each other and gets them talking about the products and gives me the the chance to learn their names.

At a home party I just go around the room and ask them for testimonials and their name then just repeat there name 3 times during the conversation while I talk about the product that they mentioned before moving on to the next.

When you use 3 or 4 names in a room of 20 people then look everyone else in the eye at least once, everyone thinks you know their name.

I am HORRIBLE with names! I just use name tags. I thought at a party of only 5 that I'd be fine so I didn't get them out but boy was I wrong and I think I looked like an idiot for forgetting their names. Especially when it came to the drawing and I drew a name and the winner didn't immediately say anything, so I turned to who I thought it was... it was embarrassing to say the least.

I Have used a game at the beginning at my shows which helps me to remember their Names
I found it online. It's called the worm game. You take a small colored lunch bag(Wal-mart sells them for a couple of dollars for 12 bags in stationary dept.) put in a small item;such as S/B, or quikut paring knife ,or rub,etc. Write "The Worm" on it. Hold up the gift and say to them This is the worm and it is going to help us get to know each other better; I want you to tell us who you are, how you know our host ________,and describe your kitchen in one word using the first letter of your name,and reintroduce everyone ahead of you,for example my name is Kathy I know____________because I met her a _____party and my kitchen is kozy;and here's the worm and I pass it to the next person,then that person has to tell us about her self and reintroduce everyone who has the worm before her/him by the time the worm gets back to you everyone's name has been repeated several times depending on how many are at the party. I always look at the person they are talking about so I see them as they are being introduced again. You usually have someone say I'll never remember all that stuff I tell that's okay we will help you. By the time your done they are laughing and having a good time. They even help each other describe their kitchens. When the gift gets back to you, You ask the host who arrived first and then you say that's great the early bird gets the worm. This game does two things- It helps me remember their names and also the next party they come to they come on time.

I also like to try and remember everyone's name. I have made a game of it when introducing myself at the beginning of my presentation.

"Hi, I am Marie, I'm sure you all will remember my name because there is only 1 of me, but I am going to try to remember each one of your names, if I can't remember your name when you are ready for your checkout you will get this (small item like SB or small tool) FREE. The only trick to the game is YOU have to say your name each time you share something with the group!"

Every now and then I will do a quick round of name checks during my presentation to see how I am doing...it gets a lot of laughs and it definately puts me more at ease if by chance I do forget a name at checkout.

I do name tags, but I ask them to put their name and an adjective word of themselves in the kitchen. Then when we go around the room and introduce ourselves everyone has a chuckle of the words but then at the end I tell them that according to Chatelaine magazine (where I got the idea from...) the same word that describes you in the kitchen ALSO describes you in the bedroom!!!

Related to Are name tags the secret to increasing sales at parties?

What are some tips for preparing for a successful party plan presentation?

1. Plan ahead: Make sure you have all the necessary materials and products ready before the party starts.

2. Practice your presentation: Rehearse your demonstration and make sure you are comfortable with the products and techniques.

3. Engage with your audience: Encourage participation and interaction from your guests to make the presentation more engaging.

4. Showcase the benefits: Highlight the benefits and features of the products, and how they can make their lives easier.

5. Have fun: Remember to relax and have fun during the presentation. Your enthusiasm and energy will be contagious!

What are some ways to make the party plan presentation visually appealing?

1. Use colorful and eye-catching display materials: This can include tablecloths, banners, and other decorations to make your presentation area more visually appealing.

2. Utilize props: Use props such as fruits, vegetables, or kitchen utensils to demonstrate the products in action.

3. Create a theme: Incorporate a theme into your presentation to make it more cohesive and visually appealing.

4. Use different types of presentations: Mix up your presentation with videos, slideshows, or hands-on demonstrations to keep the audience engaged.

5. Keep it organized: Make sure your presentation area is neat and organized to make it visually appealing and easy for your guests to follow along.

How can I effectively introduce and explain the products during the party plan presentation?

1. Start with a brief overview: Begin by giving a brief introduction of yourself and the products you will be demonstrating.

2. Focus on benefits: Instead of just listing features, focus on the benefits of the products and how they can improve the lives of your guests.

3. Use personal anecdotes: Share your personal experiences and stories about the products to make them more relatable.

4. Encourage questions: Encourage your guests to ask questions and address any concerns they may have about the products.

5. Provide demonstrations: Show the products in action and explain how they work to give your guests a better understanding of their uses and benefits.

What are some ways to generate sales during the party plan presentation?

1. Offer special deals: Create special deals and discounts for party guests to entice them to make a purchase.

2. Showcase popular products: Highlight your best-selling products and explain why they are popular among customers.

3. Use before and after examples: Show the transformation and benefits of the products through before and after examples.

4. Offer product bundles: Bundle together related products at a discounted price to encourage guests to purchase multiple items.

5. Mention host rewards: Remind guests about the rewards and discounts they can receive by hosting their own party.

What are some ways to follow up with guests after the party plan presentation?

1. Send a thank-you note: Send a personalized thank-you note to each guest, thanking them for attending and expressing your appreciation.

2. Follow up with product information: Send additional information, such as product brochures or catalogs, to guests who expressed interest in specific products.

3. Offer special deals: Send a follow-up email or message with exclusive deals or discounts for products they showed interest in during the party.

4. Invite to future events: Invite guests to future parties or events to keep them engaged and interested in the products and company.

5. Ask for feedback: Ask for feedback on the party and the products to improve future presentations and build customer relationships.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Deb Bixler
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • lilscrapmama
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cocinafacil
Replies