• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Multiple Direct Sales Companies a Recipe for Party Drama?

In summary, the conversation was about different companies and how they compare. The summary states that sales were not good and that one of the mothers mentioned that she would like to choose where to go on a trip, not the company she was with.
baychef
Silver Member
I had an interesting party today! I had 4 consultants for other companies and 2 mothers of the consultants. One other guest was a relative and the other had to leave early.

I did not play my recruiting game although I was prepared. Here is the breakdown:
Person A - Cookie Lee jewelry and Brown Bag adult toy parties
Person B - Celebrating Life (new name of Home Interiors/Home & Garden) and a new jewelry company Lavie (not the name but they sell jewelry and lingere sp??)
Person C- Partylite (and also Two Sisters gourmet)
Person D - Not sure but I think the Celebrating Life

When I did talk about our kit rebate, it brought up an interesting conversation. One is making 50% commissions at the party! I tried to explain about how benefits differ from company to company, etc. Home Interiors was having their consultants pay for credit cards and for host bonuses. They have now restructured their consultant pay (sounds like ours but a higher percentage in pay). I mentioned trips and one of the mothers mentioned that if she was going on a trip she would like to choose where to go, not the company. The conversation was starting to take on a very slight "my company is better than your company" tone so I ended it and moved on.

I think this is why my recruiting game went by the way side!!!

baychef said:
.......I mentioned trips and one of the mothers mentioned that if she was going on a trip she would like to choose where to go, not the company. The conversation was starting to take on a very slight "my company is better than your company" tone so I ended it and moved on.

I think this is why my recruiting game went by the way side!!!

I'm willing to bet that she has never earned any bonuses much less a trip with whatever company she is with.

How were your sales?

Sales were poopy. There was jewelry set up in another room, they were going on line to order things from Terry's Village (not a direct sales but...) and I know they are all in the midst of either having a party or wrapping one up for the other companies. Not much you can do.

baychef said:
one of the mothers mentioned that if she was going on a trip she would like to choose where to go, not the company.

I've gotten that before (from other DS reps) and really, we can choose where we want to go any year. I met a director who didn't want to go to London, so she took the $2500 gift card and booked a 7-day, all-expense paid (including airfare) for her family of 4 to a resort in Mexico. It cost her $2499 and the whole family was thrilled. London just didn't do it for them so they went somewhere that did.

Just an idea to keep in mind when that one pops up again! ;)

PS: I met another rep who with her company, they HAD to take the trip or get nothing. The trip was to Arizona in July. She said that the resort was nice (not great) and that it was so hot that her family was miserable the entire time and she fought with her husband every day of the trip. Needless to say, he wasn't very supportive of her biz after that because he really couldn't see the incentive for the family.

Makes me thankful at how good PC is to us! :D

AZ in July!! I'm getting hot just thinking about that one! YUCK!

long post...various subjectsThe bottom line for me is that some of these ladies were chasing after companies that no one has heard of. The new jewelry company the host signed up for is expensive and for me, I didn't find much I liked.

The others were die hard loyal to their Partylite and Home Interiors/Home & Garden...now Celebrating Life. It was just strange to have so many companies represented in a small group.

The Mom that made the comment is know for saying negative things. Her daughters will let her know..."Mom, you aren't helping her out, you know." I like the Mom and she is nice but has very little filter!!

They all seem pretty fair and do love Pampered Chef. They would rather I do the parties. Which is ok with me. My growing team is taking over some of my customers that I had done parties for in the past but lost touch with. Those customers are still on my e-mail lists but booked from friends and relatives.

I am ok with it (ok, it stings a little, but I am a leader and I make myself get over it fast...I can't do it full time and they can).

Last month I had 18 bookings. I have 9 parties next month and one catalog party. With working full time and everything else going on, I am very happy.

May is stinking up the house. I can't get bookings again this year...the HWC does not go well. The last few years I have had this problem. I will be offering my own additional host special. It is either that or go without many bookings and I can not afford to not have parties.

What is "Interesting Party Today"?

"Interesting Party Today" is a unique in-home cooking demonstration hosted by Pampered Chef consultants. It's a fun and interactive way for you and your friends to learn new recipes and kitchen tips while trying out our high-quality kitchen products.

How do I book an "Interesting Party Today"?

Booking an "Interesting Party Today" is easy! Simply reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant in your area and schedule a date and time that works for you. You can also host a virtual party and invite your friends from all over to join in on the fun.

What can I expect at an "Interesting Party Today"?

At an "Interesting Party Today", you can expect to learn new recipes, try out our products, and have a great time with your friends. Our consultants will guide you through the cooking demonstration and answer any questions you may have about the products or recipes.

Do I have to make a purchase at an "Interesting Party Today"?

There is no obligation to make a purchase at an "Interesting Party Today". However, if you do decide to purchase any of our products, you can do so at the party or through your consultant afterwards. We also offer special discounts and promotions for party guests.

Can I host an "Interesting Party Today" if I'm not a great cook?

Absolutely! Our parties are designed for all skill levels, from beginners to experienced cooks. Our consultants will guide you through the recipes and provide helpful tips along the way. Plus, it's a great way to learn new techniques and try out our products before making a purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AxlsGrammy
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Dale C
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • 1995tucker