• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Can Hosts Serve Alcohol at Direct Sales Parties? Company Policy Explained

In summary, using non-alcoholic substitutes in cooking can provide a variety of benefits, such as accommodating dietary restrictions and being a healthier and more cost-effective option. While it is possible to substitute non-alcoholic ingredients in many recipes, it may not always produce the same result as alcohol can add depth and complexity to flavors. Some common non-alcoholic substitutes for alcohol in cooking include chicken or vegetable broth, fruit juices, vinegar, and non-alcoholic wines or beers. Non-alcoholic substitutes can also be used in baking, but adjustments to the recipe may be needed. There are also non-alcoholic cooking wines and beers available for those who specifically want to use them in their cooking.
finley1991
I am actually doing some host coaching today (shocking, I know!) and my host asked if it would be okay if she served wine. I told her of course it was fine and then she told me that she recently had a Premeire Jewelry party and the consultant told her that she could not serve any alcohol :bugeye: and that it was against her company's policy. Has anyone ever heard of that? I'm wondering if it is a company policy or the consultant's???

Of course I told her it was fine with me!!!!!

I have a good friend who is a Premier consultant. Yes, they are not supposed to serve alcohol, they are a faith-based company and it goes against their founder's values. However, that being said, I have been to a Premeir party where alcohol was served. I guess it just depends on the consultant and how closely they decide to stick to their founder's desires....or if they just decide to let the host do what she wants...

I had a Premier party and served wine and wine coolers. The consultant never said anything to me about it. Of course I didn't ask her either.

I like it when alcohol is served about halfway through the show so people aren't smashed and playing with my knives! And, they tend to buy a bit more.

I never bring alcohol to a show. It's up to the hostess NOT me. I'm a guest in their home. My personnal believes are just that mine. I don't talk about politics. I'm there to do my job ~ PC.... If I'm making ginger-tinies the hostess always buys the alcohol ~ not me. If someone leaves with too much I don't want it to be me that served the alcohol.

1. What are the benefits of using non-alcoholic substitutes in cooking?

Using non-alcoholic substitutes in cooking can provide a variety of benefits. For one, it allows those who do not consume alcohol for personal, religious, or health reasons to still enjoy the flavors and aromas that alcohol can add to a dish. It can also be a healthier option as it reduces the intake of calories and alcohol content. Additionally, non-alcoholic substitutes can be more cost-effective and readily available compared to alcoholic ingredients.

2. Can I substitute non-alcoholic ingredients for alcohol in any recipe?

While it is possible to use non-alcoholic ingredients in place of alcohol in many recipes, it may not always produce the same result. For example, alcohol can add depth and complexity to flavors that may be difficult to achieve with non-alcoholic substitutes. It's best to research and experiment with different substitutes to find the best option for your specific recipe.

3. What are some common non-alcoholic substitutes for alcohol in cooking?

There are many non-alcoholic substitutes that can be used in cooking, depending on the recipe and desired outcome. Some common options include using chicken or vegetable broth, fruit juices, vinegar, or non-alcoholic wine or beer. These substitutes can add similar flavors and acidity to a dish without the alcohol content.

4. Can I use non-alcoholic substitutes in baking?

Yes, non-alcoholic substitutes can be used in baking. For example, you can use apple juice or cider as a substitute for apple brandy or rum in a recipe. However, keep in mind that alcohol can also serve as a leavening agent in baking, so using non-alcoholic substitutes may require slight adjustments to the recipe.

5. Are there any non-alcoholic substitutes specifically made for cooking?

Yes, there are non-alcoholic cooking wines and beers available in the market. These products are specifically made for cooking and can provide similar flavors and aromas as their alcoholic counterparts. They can be a convenient option for those who do not want to use or have access to alcohol in their cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • PamperedK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefkathy
  • dannyzmom