• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Holiday Plates and Spreaders Causing Headaches for Gift Giving?

In summary, the e-mail said that their supplier assured them that the products would meet their standards, but they did their own testing. They are very happy that PC is looking out for us, but they are not that impressed with the new products. The new knives, wine glasses, and pastry cutter are especially not up to par. The grater is nice, but they have to replace it every few months. The cookbooks are nice, but many people have not bought them. The new dots items are overdone and people have not bought them. The mini measure is good, but they have to sell more of the cupcake pans to cover the cost. The crown cake is cute, but people have not bought it.
cookn' katie
Ok~ I am really cranky about the serving plates and speaders. Isn't this something that should have been checked before now. I am really upset. I have told everyone about these for gifts. I don't get why, since China has had so many problems with the lead levels that this wasn't checked yet. Stop sells are such a pain, half the time I inform the hostess and they don't pass it on to the outside orders. Then I have to refund people and it is a big headache. I am just really bummed because I had so many people wanting these. Every year I make up some sample ideas for gifts $15 or less. I have many guest who love this. Anyone else out there have a say?

There are several threads on this subject.

The e-mail we got specifically said that their supplier assured them the products would meet their standards, but they did their own testing. I am very happy that PC is looking out for us!

It's a bit early for holiday plates anyway ... and to be honest, I am not that kicked in the head with them anyway.

(Maybe the new ones will be called CHRISTMAS plates anyway.)

Yeah, I agree. It's a pain in the rear. I've got several folks wanting the holiday stuff asap. It is very concerning that this wasn't found before it hit the books. I really think this is a big woops on pc behalf. Thank God they did find it though. I worry enough about lead in my child's toys, don't want to worry about it in the products that I stand behind and sell to people as good quality products. I have to say, lead aside, I really wasn't all that impressed this selling season when the new products came out, except for the holiday items. I mean, I hate the fact that they have came out with the knives with honing cases because this means that I can't take the self sharping knives to my parties. Let's see.. the grinders. Cute, but too expensive for the average Joe to buy as a set, at least here in AL. New dots items, overdone, cute but nobody ever buys them. I'm the only one who's ever bought them from myself. Many have said that the wine glasses are not up to par, ie. dots coming off. 5" Santoku-I'm excited about this. I love the forged cuttlery. Keep em coming. The knife block is nice too. The grater, well, I have one that I like just fine. I'm sure the new one is nice, and now I have to get it since I can't take the old one, but I really hate having to replace these things time after time after time. Mini measure all cup-glad it's here. Why did they take so long to come out with it? Silicone crown cake-cute. Definatley will buy, but realistically haven't sold maybe 2 of the cupcake pans due to their heafty price. Pastry cutter-might be nice. New cookbooks-Look nice. Anyways, I said it, I've been holding back. It's the way I feel. I really am not that excited about any of the new tools this selling season.

Ive been hyping the new catalog and the fall products so much... this really brings me down... it kinda makes me looks silly really... Ive been hyping and bragging and giving little sneak peaks and teasers, and now I have to be like... oh, all that stuff Ive been telling you about, well, um, you cant order any of it...

Duh - I feel stupid!

you know, i wasn't that impressed with most of the new stuff for the season. but if they have to stop sell, at least it is now and not right before the holidays. maybe they will have them ready to go with plenty of time for the holidays. just not in time for early bird buyers...

You are right BIG pain, I have said in another post about this I have a very big Fundraiser and now I have to have it cost me more money for lables for all the catalogs so the really see the stop sell. . and Yes the hosts will have outside orders, and what about all the packets that where sent out already for Sept and October Well we have our work cut out foe us

Related to Are Holiday Plates and Spreaders Causing Headaches for Gift Giving?

1. What is included in the Holiday Plates and Spreaders set?

The Holiday Plates and Spreaders set includes 4 festive holiday plates and 4 coordinating spreaders. Each plate features a different holiday design, and the spreaders have a matching design on the handle.

2. Are the plates and spreaders dishwasher safe?

Yes, both the plates and spreaders are safe to put in the dishwasher for easy clean up after your holiday gatherings.

3. Can I use these plates and spreaders for hot and cold foods?

Yes, the plates and spreaders are made from durable stoneware and can be used for both hot and cold foods. They are perfect for serving appetizers, desserts, and even hot dips.

4. Are the plates and spreaders microwave safe?

Yes, the stoneware material used for the plates and spreaders is microwave safe. However, the spreaders have a metal blade and should not be put in the microwave.

5. Can I purchase additional plates or spreaders separately?

Unfortunately, the Holiday Plates and Spreaders set is only sold as a complete set and cannot be purchased separately. However, you can purchase multiple sets if you need more than 4 plates and spreaders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• beckysuem
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • missyciccolella
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Gloria&Emily
  • lisasfuncooking