• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sharpening a Dull Apple Wedger: Tips and Tricks

In summary, the apple wedger can't be sharpened, and there is a cover that can be order to protect users from injury.
mandak
Has anyone had a problem with the apple wedger getting dull? Any ideas on how to "sharpen" it? thanks, mandy

I don't think there is a way to sharpen it. If it's within warranty, HO should replace it. Otherwise, I'd just get a new one - especially since it's not an expensive item.

Gosh - I have ahd mine about 8 years and it still works like new...maybe the one you have is defective??

How do you wash it? I usually just run it under warm water, but I am afraid to use any of my scrubby things or kitchen brush on it because I don't want to ruin them...I guess I could try the dishwasher, but my big issue is the skin that seems to get stuck in it...

I haven't been overly impressed with the apple wedger. I use mine several times a week and it seems to be harder and harder to push down. I've had it 1.5 years. I also got one from Williams and Sonoma that began to rust after four years so that wasn't good. Their design was better though....BEE

Question.....When did they start putting a Cover with the Apple Wedger??? I've had mine about 5 years and when I got it, it didn't come with a protector.

My co-worker brought hers with her today, that's how I found out! :p

Yep...shame on me for not studying the catalog! LOL

I new ones have a cover so that Consultants like myself wont slice off their finger. There was a thread awhile back about how many of us got cut bad....a couple of women got caught just brushing across it in a sink of soapy dishes.....

Mine is so sharp that I won't let hubby use it. The man could harm himself in a padded room:rolleyes:. Of course I don't use mine alot so maybe that's why it has stayed so sharp, I've had it about 2 years.

I use mine a lot, and it's still pretty sharp.

Tammi, you can order a cover with a replacement order.

1. How often should I sharpen my dull apple wedger?

It is recommended to sharpen your apple wedger before each use for the best results. However, if you use it frequently, you may need to sharpen it more often.

2. Can I use any type of sharpener on my apple wedger?

No, it is important to use a specialized knife sharpener or a sharpening stone specifically designed for kitchen tools. Using the wrong type of sharpener can damage the blade.

3. How do I know if my apple wedger needs to be sharpened?

If you notice that it is becoming more difficult to cut through apples or the wedges are not coming out cleanly, it is time to sharpen your apple wedger.

4. Are there any tips for sharpening my apple wedger?

Yes, make sure to follow the angle of the blade and use gentle pressure when sharpening. It is also important to clean and dry the blade before sharpening to ensure the best results.

5. Can I sharpen my apple wedger at home or should I take it to a professional?

You can sharpen your apple wedger at home with the right tools and techniques. However, if you are unsure or uncomfortable with sharpening it yourself, it is recommended to take it to a professional to avoid any damage to the tool.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedCrum
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • ibusse13
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • sarah824