• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Apple Peeler/Slicer/Corer Question

In summary, an apple peeler is used to remove the skin from an apple, while a slicer cuts the apple into thin, even slices. A corer removes the core of the apple. These tools can also be used on other round fruits, but their effectiveness may vary. To use them, the apple is placed on the tool and rotated or pressed down. To clean, disassemble and wash with warm soapy water, and dry thoroughly. Some tools have an adjustable blade for controlling slice thickness, but it can also be adjusted by rotating the apple.
its_me_susan
Is there a way to peel without coring? I'm thinking no. My customer wants to just peel potatoes I guess?

To peel without coring and slicing, loosen bolt at bottom of coring/slicing blade using the crescent wrench that came with it and move coring/slicing blade out of the path of the apple/potato. Proceed as usual. I got this off of the Use and Care Instruction card that came with it under Tips and Techniques! Hope this helps!:) I've never tried it though.

Jayne said:
To peel without coring and slicing, loosen bolt at bottom of coring/slicing blade using the crescent wrench that came with it and move coring/slicing blade out of the path of the apple/potato. Proceed as usual. I got this off of the Use and Care Instruction card that came with it under Tips and Techniques! Hope this helps!:) I've never tried it though.

Thanks Jayne. Have you tried it?>

No, I've never tried it. I just peel my potatos the regular way. I've only used it on apples and it does a great job after a few adjustments on the depth. At first it was taking too much meat off of the apple. Once you get it set its GREAT!:)

my neighbor uses it for potatoes and loves it! She says it works great!

Maybe I'll try it at one of my shows. Most everyone I know hates to peel potatos, maybe it will bring a couple of sales lol!:D

What is the difference between an apple peeler, slicer, and corer?

The apple peeler is a tool that removes the skin from an apple, while the slicer is used to cut the apple into thin, even slices. The corer removes the core of the apple, leaving behind the edible flesh. Some apple peelers also have built-in slicers and corers, making them multi-functional tools.

How do I use an apple peeler/slicer/corer?

To use an apple peeler, place the apple on the prongs and turn the handle to rotate the apple while the blade removes the skin. To use the slicer, place the apple on the platform and press down the blade to cut the slices. To use the corer, insert the corer into the top of the apple and twist to remove the core.

Can an apple peeler/slicer/corer be used on other fruits?

Yes, most apple peelers/slicers/corers can also be used on other round fruits, such as pears or potatoes. However, the size and shape of the fruit may affect the tool's effectiveness.

How do I clean an apple peeler/slicer/corer?

After use, disassemble the tool and wash all parts with warm soapy water. Use a brush to remove any residue from the blades. Dry the parts thoroughly before storing or reassembling.

Can I adjust the thickness of the slices with an apple peeler/slicer/corer?

Some apple peelers/slicers/corers have an adjustable blade that allows you to control the thickness of the slices. However, for those that do not have this feature, you can adjust the thickness by rotating the apple to cut thicker or thinner slices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahjmpc
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Rosechef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • lanelly7