• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Microwaving Apple Cobbler: Success or Fail?

In summary, the woman wanted an apple dessert for her show, but the cake mix-based recipe resulted in a gooey mess. The store-bought recipe produced an equally messy dish, but was more successful in appearance. The friend's grandmother's recipe resulted in a nicer-looking dessert, with a crumb topping that can be microwaved for 10-12 minutes.
DebinCincy
I have a show today and the lady wants something with apples, a dessert. So, I tried the apple cobbler in the deep covered baker. Cake mix, apple filling, butter-10 min, stir, add cinnamon, 3 more min in micro. What I got was a gooey apple mess. No way would I take that to a show.

So, I ran to the store and bought more cake mix, more apple filling, came home and did this. Mixed 3 eggs with pie filling, added cake mix and mixed well, threw it in the DCB, microwaved for 13 min. What I got was an awesome apple cake. OMG, so yummy!

Now, talking to my friend, she says cobbler is supposed to be gooey, but it just looked weird.

Haven't tried that apple cobbler recipe but the apple cherry crisp in the DCB is delicious! It uses oatmeal cookie mix as the topping instead - the apple cherry mixture part comes out gooey like the inside of a pie and then you have the warm crisp pieces of the cookie crumbles. Yum!!

that does sound good. I will have to try that. Talking to people they tell me that is what cobbler is supposed to look like, so maybe it was right, it just wasn't very pretty.

My cobbler recipe comes out all the time perfect and what I do is melt a stick of butter in your pan in the over while it is preheating at 325 and then mix 1 cup of flour 1 cup of sugar 3/4 cup of milk 1/2 tsp of salt and baking powder and them when the butter is melted pour the batter over the milk DO NOT STIR IT IN THE BUTTER then take 2 cups of fruit or pie filling and pour on top in the middle and then bake for 45 mins and you got a nice cobbler sometimes it takes a few more mins to finish for middle to get totally done but it is my grandma's recipe and it always turns out and everyone loves it and it isn't messy like you were describing.

My favorite apple cobbler is to take (2) cans of pie filling, dump in DCB, then mix up the crumb topping for the Mom's Apple Crisp recipe (on the PC website), spread it over the pie filling and microwave for 10-12 minutes. Yummy!

1. Can I make apple cobbler in the microwave?

Yes, you can make apple cobbler in the microwave with the right recipe and technique.

2. What type of dish should I use to microwave apple cobbler?

It is best to use a microwave-safe dish, such as a glass or ceramic baking dish, for microwaving apple cobbler.

3. How long does it take to microwave apple cobbler?

The cooking time for microwaving apple cobbler can vary depending on the recipe and microwave power, but it typically takes about 6-8 minutes.

4. Do I need to cover the apple cobbler when microwaving?

Yes, it is recommended to cover the apple cobbler with a microwave-safe lid or plastic wrap to help trap the steam and prevent the cobbler from drying out.

5. Can I use frozen apples for microwaving apple cobbler?

Yes, you can use frozen apples for microwaving apple cobbler. Just make sure to thaw them first and drain any excess liquid before adding them to the cobbler.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
meganmcg
Replies
Views
fifiplc
Replies
Views
Nanisu