• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Apology for Missing Final Class: Regret & a Promise to Make it Right

In summary, Sheila was busy with a fundraiser and "coordinators" not being very well coordinated and forgot to do the recording for the class. She is sorry to those who were looking forward to calling in and promised that she will try to do the recording later.
Sheila
Gold Member
Here's what I just sent to all the participants via e-mail:

Oh my gosh! I wanted to apologize to everyone for dropping the ball this week. I haven't even thought about the class in the last couple of days & wasn't even remembering that we were supposed to do the final class today. For those of you who were looking forward to calling in, I'm so sorry that I let you down!

It's 40 min's past the start time and I just returned home with the kids to see an e-mail from one of you. They are being fussy & not wanting to go down for their nap right now, so it's impossible for me to call in and try to start the recording late. It's almost 1PM here in Tokyo. I'll try to sit down tonight after the kids go to bed & at least do the recording so that you guys can do the playback at your convenience. I've been so distracted with a big fundraiser & the "coordinators" not being very well coordinated that all my focus has been on them the last few days. I feel horrible for forgetting that today was even Monday (hubby worked yesterday & threw me off!) and for forgetting our 5th class. I hope that not too many of you were inconvenienced. ;)

Actually, with the time change, you probably got the email out before time for most of the participants! Sounds like you had a really hectic day!
I wasn't sure I could participate tonight anyway. But I've gotten a lot out of the SUYB class, and I'm looking forward to the recording.I took a challenge Sheila gave me, and at all three of my shows this weekend i tried a format where I had workstations set up. I told them what we'd be doing, then said, ok, wash your hands and come on up to the table, whoever gets there first gets to choose their recipe.
The results were mixed, but I liked it much better than what I had been doing.
• first party went great, most people really got into it
• Second party, a couples party, also was fun, though there was more chaos--there were also more people
• Third party, the hostess helped a little, but mainly she and her friends chatted while her 4 and 7 year old really got into it. This may actually be the better $$ party, they are all familiar with PC and came knowing what they wanted--and the hostess' mom ordered a lot. I actually loved the kids, they were genuinely helpful.
So what have I gotten out of SUYB? Well, since I was starting as a total newbie, it was great to get to hear other people's ideas and issues. The help with my show format was very valuable. I've listened to a lot of the mp3's, so I think the online training center and the SUYB class have given me a good foundation.Here are my next steps:
1. keep working on product knowledge
2. Call my AD, she doesn't want to get in the way of my director, but I think if I ask she will let me go to a party or two with her to see how she opens and closes
3. I am doing a craft faire next week. My goal is to book my next couple of months, and of course I hope to get some sales.
4. I have a catalog party out right now, she is excited about using facebook, emails, and phone calls to get her party going. I plan to use this one to learn more about host coaching a catalog show.Thanks so much, Sheila, for doing this. You are so generous and helpful. I hope to meet you one day--definitely at conference, but maybe some time we'll both be in Texas at the same time!

Sheila,
Don't worry about this. At times like this, I tell my people that Life Happens, plans get changed. You have done a great job and I have learn a lot from listening to the playback. Great ideas and different ideas to help work the business.

Thanks ladies!

Dear participants,I want to extend my sincerest apologies for missing our final class today. I take full responsibility for dropping the ball and not being present for our scheduled call. I can only imagine how disappointing and frustrating this must have been for all of you. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.I understand that some of you may have been looking forward to our call and I feel terrible for letting you down. Unfortunately, I had a lot going on these past few days with a big fundraiser and some coordination issues that required my full attention. In the midst of all that, I completely forgot about our class and for that, I am deeply regretful.I just returned home with my children and saw the email from one of you. My kids are being fussy and not wanting to go down for their nap, so it would be impossible for me to call in and start the recording late. However, I promise to make it right by recording the class tonight after my kids go to bed. This way, you will still have access to the material and can listen to it at your convenience.Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for my mistake. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment this may have caused. I value your time and commitment to this class and I am committed to making it right. Thank you for your understanding.Sincerely,

1. Why did you miss the final class?

I apologize for missing the final class. I had an unexpected family emergency that required my immediate attention.

2. Will there be a make-up class?

Yes, I promise to make it right and offer a make-up class at a convenient time for all students who were unable to attend the final class.

3. How will the material covered in the final class be made up?

The material covered in the final class will be made up through a combination of a make-up class and additional resources provided to students, such as notes and online resources.

4. Will our grades be affected by the missed final class?

No, your grades will not be negatively affected by the missed final class. The make-up class and additional resources will ensure that you have the opportunity to learn and understand the material covered in the final class.

5. When will the make-up class take place?

The make-up class will take place within the next two weeks. I will send out a notification with the exact date and time as soon as it is confirmed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Poll