• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

aPampered Chef Should Know This.....

In summary, cooking a ham in the oven is with a ham glaze over it of pineapple, brown sugar, dijon mustard and a few other things. If it's a spiral ham w/ glaze mix you follow the directions on the package. What temp and how long? You cook hams at a pretty low temp. @ 325 for @ 20 mins per pound. Here's a good website: Ham 101, Cooking Ham, Ham Safety, Types of Ham, Thawing and Cooking Ham.
Brandi2007
What is the best way and/or recipe to cook a ham??? I feel dumb that I don't know this. It's just one of those things I don't really like so never made. Could we cook it in the DCB... maybe even in the microwave? Help!!:blushing:

I cook mine in the oven with a ham glaze over it of pineapple, brown sugar, dijon mustard and a few other things...

If it's a fresh ham I put it in the Roasting Pan, pour a Coke over it (the real thing, not diet or flavored) and cover it tightly with foil and bake it. Learned this from my 90 y/o granny.

If it's a spiral ham w/ glaze mix I follow the directions on the package.

What temp and how long?

So, what are you going to serve with your ham? I'm kind of hungry just thinking about it now!

Thank you! How about the dcb? Any suggesstions there?

Unless it's a small ham, the DCB might be too small. You'll have to try it on for size.

mmm.... ham..... with scalloped potatoes and broccoli or asparagus....

Ok- now I'm hungry, too, and I already had my lunch! (A big salad - I was still hungry when I finished it, but couldn't even consider taking another bite.)

chefann said:
mmm.... ham..... with scalloped potatoes and broccoli or asparagus....

Ok- now I'm hungry, too, and I already had my lunch! (A big salad - I was still hungry when I finished it, but couldn't even consider taking another bite.)
I love pineapple casserole with mine too....yum yum!

Oh yeah, and fresh baked rolls too!

hi-jack: I made Greek Lemon Chicken Soup and Beer Bread for lunch today....it was so good! It's overcast and rainy here so it was a perfet lunch, plus my sinuses are going bonkers right now so it was a little medicinal too.

end hi-jack.

Wow Brandi I never thought of that but you are right, it may be a question people ask... I think it would have to be a small ham. You dont like ham??

pamperedlinda said:
I love pineapple casserole with mine too....yum yum!
Ooh- share, please! That sounds like an interesting recipe. I'm always looking for interesting things to freak out my in-laws when we host holidays at our house.

chefann said:
Ooh- share, please! That sounds like an interesting recipe. I'm always looking for interesting things to freak out my in-laws when we host holidays at our house.

I just love this with ham. (or ice cream! :p )

Pineapple Casserole

1 20 oz can pineapple chunks or tidbits
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons all purpose flour
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup buttery cracker crumbs (I use Ritz)

Drain pineapple, reseve 3 tablespoons of the juice. Combine sugar, flour and juice. Add cheese and pineapple; mix well. Spoon in to buttered 1-quart casserole dish. Combine craker crumbs and butter, sprinkle over casserole. Bake at 350 for 20-30 mins or until crumbs are brown. (you can increase ingredients to double, triple.....this recipe)

Serves 4-6

Thanks, Linda! This is going to be on my Thanksgiving table this year!

Carissidy-- I guess I like ham well enough but it's not my favorite... when I have made it we just made the slices with pineapple.

Linda-I am actually not really making this myself. I am teaching my mother how to cook. She has just moved out on her own for the first time ever and is really relying on me to show her the ropes. (I know sounds strange). I am using the simplicity of the PC cookbooks to get her started. Once she realizes that all she has to do is follow a recipe then she will be fine. She lacks confidence. She will get that back once she sees that her food will look just like the picture and taste even better! Anyway---(mini hi-jack of my own thread)--- the one thing she really desires to cook is a ham.... figures it be the one thing I am clueless about! LOL

Linda that recipe sounds fantastic!

Linda - thanks! My family will love that recipe!

Ohhhh, I just had a great idea~!
Use the Pineapple Casserole as part of a real foods real fast show.........make the Casserole (from reading it, shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes to put together) and then put a Pork Tenderloin in the microwave.....make a simple salad....TA DA!!! Real Food Real Fast!!!

I think I am going to tell people about this for a great idea for the Holidays!

Becky that is a great idea and Linda I am going to try that recipe I just hope that my family doesn't like it...MORE FOR ME.

chefheidi2003 said:
Becky that is a great idea and Linda I am going to try that recipe I just hope that my family doesn't like it...MORE FOR ME.
Ditto that great idea!

It is a sweet recipe so a lot of people think it's kind of weird to serve (DH doesn't care for it). I just love it, but only with Ham. I guess something about the saltiness of the ham with the sweet pineapple.

You know what else would be good with that casserole?

Two words: Ba. Con.
mmm....

chefann said:
You know what else would be good with that casserole?

Two words: Ba. Con.
mmm....

If there is anyway to make pineapple better - bacon would be it!

ChefBeckyD said:
If there is anyway to make pineapple better - bacon would be it!
I never thought of that....hmmmm.....mmmmmm :D

Guess what Paula is doing tonight.....http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_37237,00.html thought you might be interested.

This may sound a bit involved, but really it is very easy to do...just takes time! This ham was the BEST I have ever tasted!

The Best Baked Ham in the World

Courtesy of Nolan Gilbert, Montomery, Alabama
Printed in Taste of the South Spring 2007 issue

1 (8-10 #) bone-in, shank-portion ham
2 (46 oz) cans pineapple juice (I used one pineapple and one mango-pineapple!!)
¼ cup plus 2 T. brown sugar, divided
1/3 cup honey
1 T. prepared yellow mustard (I used spicy brown mustard!)
1 ½ t. Pampered Chef Cinnamon Plus Blend (This was not in the recipe, but I added it since Honeybaked Hams have something similar in their topping!)
Garnish: canned pineapple slices (I left these off, my family and I don’t eat them anyhow!)

~Place ham (skinny side down!) in a large stockpot and add enough pineapple juice to cover 2/3 of the ham. Add ¼ c. brown sugar. Bring mixture to a rolling boil over medium-high heat on stovetop; cook for 15 minutes. Turn ham over and continue to boil for 15 minutes longer.

~Remove from heat and let ham cool in the juice mixture for 1 hour.

~Preheat oven to 350

~Place ham in a The Pampered Chef roasting pan using the rack (spritz with veg. oil using the Kitchen Spritzer) and cover with aluminum foil. Bake until internal temp reaches 160, or for approximately 30 minutes per pound (4 hours for an 8# ham) **I had a 10# ham so it should have taken 5 hours in the oven…it only took 2.5 hours!

~In a small sauce pan (I did mine in a prep bowl in the microwave while the ham was baking…the sugar dissolved but by the time I went to baste it onto the ham it was thick and easy to baste without running off of the ham!) combine honey, mustard, and remaining 2 T. brown sugar and bring to a boil over med-low heat on stovetop to melt sugar.

~Remove ham from oven and glaze with honey mixture using about ½ of it. Return ham to oven, uncovered, and bake for 10 minutes.

~Remove ham again and garnish with pineapple slices (using toothpicks to adhere them if necessary) Glaze ham with remaining glaze and bake uncovered for 15 minutes.

~Let ham cool before slicing. (I covered mine with the foil again and let it sit on top of the stove for about an hour and it was still very warm when we ate it!)

I just finished watching Paula Deen and she was cooking a ham. She started by pouring coke over the ham and finished off with pineapple and clove. I have a wonderful corn casserole recipe that I received from my mother-in-law. In fact it is in our church cook-book. It is wonderful!!!!
1/2 c. butter
1 small chopped onion
1 small green chillies (canned, seedless/chopped)
3 eggs
1 can cream corn
1 can whole kernel corn
1 box corn bread mix (jiffy)
1 c. grated cheese (we use cheddar)
Melt butter-add chopped onio and cook a little before adding to other ingredients. Beat eggs-add corn, chillies, butter and onions and cornbread mix. Sprinkle grated cheese on top evenly. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees until brown and puffy.
I am going to have to make this soon. This is one of my favorite dishes.

Related to aPampered Chef Should Know This.....

What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and pantry items.

How do I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a consultant, you can sign up on the Pampered Chef website or through a current consultant. You will need to purchase a starter kit and then you can start selling products and earning commissions.

What are the benefits of being a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a consultant, you can earn a commission on the products you sell, get discounts on your own purchases, and have the opportunity to earn bonuses and incentives. You also have the flexibility to set your own schedule and work from home.

What is the return policy for Pampered Chef products?

Pampered Chef offers a 30-day satisfaction guarantee on all products. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it for a full refund or exchange.

Can I host a Pampered Chef party?

Yes, you can host a Pampered Chef party and earn free and discounted products. You can either host an in-person party or a virtual party through Facebook or Zoom.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaryannNic
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • mickirene
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefMary412
  • ChefPaulaB