• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anything You'd Like to See Pampered Chef Discontinue?

In summary, the Garlic & Brie Baker is a new product and I am not sure if I like it or not. The tie-its are a hit, but I am not a fan of the bowls. The kitchen spritzer is a favorite, but I am not a fan of the new name for the cocotte. I love the Lg Grooved Cutting Board.
DebPC
Staff member
Bamboo Note Holder, Erase Board and Tie-its- I'm just under enthused about these.

Last edited:
Itty Bitty Bevs - all of them
Mole Rub
Tie-Its
Windowpane Napkins and Placements
Bamboo Fiber Bowls
Cranberry Scrapers

DebPC said:
Bamboo Note Holder, Erase Board and Tie-its- I'm just under enthused about these.
I wish they would make the Erase Board bigger.

pamperedlinda said:
Mole Rub
Tie-Its
Bamboo Fiber Bowls
Cranberry Scrapers

I agree with all of this except for the Bamboo Fiber Bowls. It's nice to have something not as expensive as the Stainless Bowls but lighter weight than the Batter Bowls.

I'm not for sure what else they could get rid of but I really hope they don't come out with more spices and sauces! Enough already!!

wadesgirl said:
II agree with all of this except for the Bamboo Fiber Bowls. It's nice to have something not as expensive as the Stainless Bowls but lighter weight than the Batter Bowls.

I'm not for sure what else they could get rid of but I really hope they don't come out with more spices and sauces! Enough already!!

I can't stand the texture of those bowls! Like nails on chalkboard....ugh!

pamperedlinda said:
Mole Rub
Tie-Its
Bamboo Fiber Bowls
Cranberry Scrapers

I agree with all of this except the tie-its. I love those!

I think the bamboo fiber bowls look cheap and I hate that they aren't microwave safe.

I also wouldn't mind seeing these go:
BBQ Basting Bottle
Cocotte (I thought I'd love that but haven't used it once)
Outdoor plates, tumblers and utensils
Grapefruit Knife
Color Nakiri Knif
Lg Cutting Bd with Juice Wells
Stop changing colors of the twixits and quikut knives and we sure don't need another color of the classic scraper

Kitchen Spritzer and Suds Pump :yuck:

I love the kitchen Spritzer

Yes, the tie-its could go. They must have a huge stock of the windowpane napkins and placemats; they gave them away to hosts last year and they're still in the catalog. Probably controversial, but I will say it: they could get rid of most of the Simple Additions. I haven't sold any since before the redesign. I don't talk about them. I was just thinking today that I hope they don't give us another free new rub at Launch. But, I do wish they would bring back the Ginger Wasabi Sauce. We're just about at the bottom of our last bottle.

Dont sell any of the Simple Additions and the bamboo fiber bowl are a bust for me too.

:love:Color Nakiri Knife. Always sell them when I have guest use it. Chops like a charm plus I think it's just too cute. I call it my hatchet knife.

BethCooks4U said:
I agree with all of this except the tie-its. I love those!

I think the bamboo fiber bowls look cheap and I hate that they aren't microwave safe.

I also wouldn't mind seeing these go:
BBQ Basting Bottle
Cocotte (I thought I'd love that but haven't used it once)
Outdoor plates, tumblers and utensils
Grapefruit Knife
Color Nakiri Knif
Lg Cutting Bd with Juice Wells
Stop changing colors of the twixits and quikut knives and we sure don't need another color of the classic scraper

I agree about the cocotte - I thought it would be great, too! But so far, haven't had any use for it! Though, I don't know if they should discontinue it...but it would help if they gave us more recipes for it.

Just checked on the website and I noticed they changed the name to: "Garlic & Brie Baker". Unless I missed the announcement?

And I LOVE my Lg cutting board with juice wells. Have 3 of them! I cut a lot of fruit and it is really nice. Unless you are talking about the new one...with all the grooves. I haven't used that one at all!

kam said:
I agree about the cocotte - I thought it would be great, too! But so far, haven't had any use for it! Though, I don't know if they should discontinue it...but it would help if they gave us more recipes for it.

Just checked on the website and I noticed they changed the name to: "Garlic & Brie Baker". Unless I missed the announcement?

And I LOVE my Lg cutting board with juice wells. Have 3 of them! I cut a lot of fruit and it is really nice. Unless you are talking about the new one...with all the grooves. I haven't used that one at all!

Yes. That is the one I am talking about! I LOVE the Lg Grooved Cutting Board! :love: This one with all the ridges seems useless to me. Interesting that they changed the name of the cocotte. Obviously it hasn't been selling. People are probably confused. I know several people were disappointed to learn it wasn't a stoneware piece. When I asked test kitchens about it they gave me no more ideas for it and said it was more in line with a simple additions piece and they don't see it at all as stoneware. I pointed out that in the catalog the interior looks like stoneware...

Interesting about the name change. I still need more uses besides a garlic baker and Brie baker to promote it heavily.

DebPC said:
Interesting about the name change. I still need more uses besides a garlic baker and Brie baker to promote it heavily.
Yes. That is too specific a product for me. I like to give them lots of uses for our things to add value in their eyes. That way they can't say its too expensive. lol

wadesgirl said:
I wish they would make the Erase Board bigger.

AMEN!!! Honestly, I understand the pantry from the standpoint of repeat sales, but if you're going to do that, you have to keep the prices in line with the grocery store in order for it to work. I don't think we are competitive with grocery stores and would be better off sticking to what we do best.

BethCooks4U said:
Yes. That is too specific a product for me. I like to give them lots of uses for our things to add value in their eyes. That way they can't say its too expensive. lol

I noticed the name change too and that makes me think that they will probably come out with more of these? :eek::confused:

I actually use the Garlic & Brie Baker a lot. I HATE brie! But cream cheese with a smattering of Chipotle Rub and salsa served hot with chips, Buffalo Chicken Dip, Warm artichoke and spinach dip, Queso dip, caramel dip, chocolate dip - its just a ganash and I know I spelled that wrong with pound cake, vanilla wafer, ALL of the decadent dessert sauces warmed in this are yummy! Even some of the other savory sauces with cream cheese. I love the beer BBQ sauce with cream cheese on French Bread!

I LOVE my Cocotte – I use it for warming things in the microwave almost daily. Don't try to pry those Bamboo Mixing Bowls away from me... in fact, what I'd like to see is a whole line of bamboo fiber outdoor plates and things, and get rid of all the plastic (somebody else does it better, IMHO). I hate the Grooved Cutting Board. I'd also don't like the Decorator Bottles (though I admit I've never tried them). And I honestly don't like our Leakproof Containers – the flexible seal ones from Anchor (and Princess House does a set like those) are much easier to use.

I wonder if they changed the name because no one could pronounce the old one. Plus wasn't it in one of the threads on here that the name was French for prostitute? That would be my reason for changing it!

1. Why does Pampered Chef discontinue some products?

The decision to discontinue a product is based on a variety of factors, including popularity, market demand, and availability of materials. Our goal is to continuously innovate and offer new and improved products to better serve our customers.

2. Can I still purchase discontinued products?

Unfortunately, once a product is discontinued, we no longer have it available for purchase. We recommend trying out our newer products that may offer similar features or benefits.

3. Will my warranty still be valid for discontinued products?

Yes, our warranty still applies to discontinued products as long as they were purchased within the warranty period. However, if the product is no longer available for replacement, we will offer a comparable product or credit towards a new purchase.

4. How do you determine which products to discontinue?

We conduct regular market research and gather feedback from our customers to determine which products are no longer meeting their needs or expectations. We also consider product performance, cost, and availability of materials in our decision-making process.

5. Can I suggest a product to be discontinued?

While we appreciate feedback from our customers, we have a dedicated team that carefully evaluates our product line and makes decisions based on various factors. However, we value your input and encourage you to share your thoughts with us through our customer service channels.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Akgirl95
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
Replies