• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Tried Debbie Meyer's Green Bags?

In summary, Bed, Bath & Beyond has them on sale and I was wondering if anyone knew if they worked or not. I have been considering buying them for a while, and they have them for half what you order them off TV for. I have a 20% off coupon, so, for $8.00 plus tax I can get 20 bags. I may get them next week when I go to the doctor. I have a 20% off coupon, so, for $8.00 plus tax I can get 20 bags.
jrstephens
Bed, Bath & Beyond has them on sale and I was wondering if anyone knew if they worked or not. I have been considering buying them for a while, and they have them for half what you order them off TV for.

I normally do not buy "as seen on TV" but this would be nice if they worked!

I have TW Fridgesmart for some stuff, but they are not big enough for everything.

jrstephens said:
Bed, Bath & Beyond has them on sale and I was wondering if anyone knew if they worked or not. I have been considering buying them for a while, and they have them for half what you order them off TV for.

I normally do not buy "as seen on TV" but this would be nice if they worked!

I have TW Fridgesmart for some stuff, but they are not big enough for everything.

I have sat mesmerized watching that Infomercial every time I've seen it.... I would love to hear if they really work.

I may get them next week when I go to the doctor. I have a 20% off coupon, so, for $8.00 plus tax I can get 20 bags.

jrstephens said:
I may get them next week when I go to the doctor. I have a 20% off coupon, so, for $8.00 plus tax I can get 20 bags.

Ooohhh - I got one of those coupons in the mail just yesterday!

ChefBeckyD said:
Ooohhh - I got one of those coupons in the mail just yesterday!

Did you get the sales magazine? They are in it. AND it has a $5.00 off coupon if you spend $15 or more (well, that's not hard to do, ha!):D

Watched it. Thanks! I guess they did work on some things but not all things.

I keep lettuce and gapes in my Fridgesmart, so, I would use them for other things. Strawberries never last long with me around anyway, ha!

Thanks very much for posting that great link!

Last edited:
i bought some and am not impressed. they ones i bought are long and narrow, so they don't fit things like a big head of romaine. the first time i tried to open one, the "ziplock" thing broke. as for keeping foods fresh longer, i think they do, but i have not really experimented.

Hmmm...they don't look like they are worth the $$ and effort, though.

I was totally wondering about these. We live in an area where the produce STINKS! They sell strawberries half rotten! DH and I are about fed up with the quality of the produce here in the Twin Cities, and he told me I should buy some of these! I will tell him about that link!

Thanks!

jrstephens said:
Watched it. Thanks! I guess they did work on some things but not all things.

I keep lettuce and gapes in my Fridgesmart, so, I would use them for other things. Strawberries never last long with me around anyway, ha!

Thanks very much for posting that great link!

What is Fridgesmart?

I have the greenbags, they do work but she also has bags that are gold for things like bread, muffins, etc..those do not work, they give the bread a funky smell.
But yes, the green bags DO work, they extend the life by about a week and I use them ALOT during the summer when I am getting more produce. The only thing I have found they don't do well on is mushrooms...they get too soggy.
I use them every week!

Fridgesmart is tupperware. I have a consultant if you need any TW!

I happened to be home one Friday morning and after Regis & Kelly, a show called "Mike & Juliet" or something like that, came on and in the promo they mentioned they tried out several infomercial products. They did Airborne, the green bags and they mentioned the detox patches you wear on your feet (which is something I've been interested in), so I left it on and watched it. Airborne was totally panned. As for the green bags, if you use them correctly, they work. The gal who tried them didn't store some things properly so the food went bad. So, she contacted the company and they told her what she did wrong. She redid her experiment, and they worked well. The bags were given a thumbs up :thumbup: in the end.

And, wouldn't you know it, the detox patches were held over for the next Friday's show, which, of course, I missed because I was at work! I checked their website, but couldn't find the video on them. Sorry to hijack, but does anyone know if these work, or are they just a hoax?

Thanks!

Tammy

My mom bought the green bags off QVC and she gave me a few.

I love them. Especially for red/green peppers - they stay good for weeks in the fridge! I put all my vegi's in them... and then wash and re-use!

I'd buy more :D

I got them from QVC and I sent them back. They did not work fot me.

Related to Anyone Tried Debbie Meyer's Green Bags?

1. How do Debbie Meyer's Green Bags work?

Debbie Meyer's Green Bags work by absorbing and removing ethylene gas, which is produced by fruits and vegetables as they ripen. This gas is what causes produce to spoil and go bad. By removing the gas, the bags help to preserve the freshness and extend the shelf life of fruits and vegetables.

2. Can I reuse Debbie Meyer's Green Bags?

Yes, Debbie Meyer's Green Bags can be reused up to 10 times. After each use, simply rinse the bag with water and let it air dry before using it again.

3. Are Debbie Meyer's Green Bags safe to use with all types of produce?

Yes, Debbie Meyer's Green Bags are safe to use with all types of produce. They are made from a food-safe material and do not contain any harmful chemicals.

4. How long do Debbie Meyer's Green Bags keep produce fresh?

The length of time that produce will stay fresh in the bags can vary depending on the type of produce and how ripe it was when placed in the bag. However, on average, produce will stay fresh for 2-3 weeks when stored in Debbie Meyer's Green Bags.

5. Can I use Debbie Meyer's Green Bags in the freezer?

Debbie Meyer's Green Bags are not recommended for use in the freezer. The bags are designed to absorb moisture, which is not necessary in a frozen environment. The bags may also become brittle and tear when frozen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
krzymomof4
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
  • janezapchef
  • General Chat
Replies