• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Make the Lime Berry Trifle Yet?

I made this last night...tasted great and I had it ready for at least 2 hours before I took it to our meeting. And on top of everything else (how nice it looked, how good it tasted) it was SO easy to make! I am totally going to do this at my March shows! Mine didn't look as nice as the catalog but it was still really pretty. Don't be intimdated by the recipe. It is very very easy. And I LOVED the Microplane for the zest!I made this last night...tasted great and I had it ready for at least 2 hours before I took it to our meeting. And on top of everything
LisaVH
I have been asked to bring it to my next cluster meeting. I live about 20min from the director's house. I remember that it calls for softened sherbet. How well does this dish travel and how long does it last and still taste good.

A fellow consultant brought this to our meeting. She assembled it once she arrived. I don't think it would travel well because of the sherbet.

Someone else (I think it was Ann) suggested to substitute it for key lime pudding if you have to travel!!

We had it last night and the director who made it did it at home and brought it and was great.. the sherbet softened everything up but it wasn't mushy... It was SO good!

jenniferknapp said:
Someone else (I think it was Ann) suggested to substitute it for key lime pudding if you have to travel!!

Key Lime Pudding instead of the sherbet - GREAT idea!!

I think I will try the pudding. Thanks, guys!

Where do you get key lime pudding???

wal-mart. :D

We had it at my meeting last night. She followed the recipe and it sat for at least 2 hours before we dived into it. She made it in the afternoon before the party. It was good. Very citrusy!

Sounds yummy! Key lime pudding--yum!!!!!!!!

I made this last night...tasted great and I had it ready for at least 2 hours before I took it to our meeting. And on top of everything else (how nice it looked, how good it tasted) it was SO easy to make! I am totally going to do this at my March shows! Mine didn't look as nice as the catalog but it was still really pretty. Don't be intimdated by the recipe. It is very very easy. And I LOVED the Microplane for the zest!

love2cook05 said:
I made this last night...tasted great and I had it ready for at least 2 hours before I took it to our meeting. And on top of everything else (how nice it looked, how good it tasted) it was SO easy to make! I am totally going to do this at my March shows! Mine didn't look as nice as the catalog but it was still really pretty. Don't be intimdated by the recipe. It is very very easy. And I LOVED the Microplane for the zest!

Did you use the sherbert or the pudding? I think I'm going to make this for my Open House but I'm not sure which to use.

Also, your quote.....I love that song. Makes me cry every time we sing it in service. :)

jenniferknapp said:
Yep- that was me! Key Lime pudding is usually with the other pudding mixes. If your grocery doesn't usually carry the "odd" flavors, you can ask the manager to order you a case, or check an online grocery.

Off topic- Jello had a Pumpkin Spice pudding as a limited edition flavor in the fall, that I thing would make awesome trifle with pound cake and apple pie filling.

Ooh, I hope they bring it out again this fall. That does sound good.

my director made at our meeting, and used the sherbert...and it was not firm or anything by the time we ate it...SO YUMMY though! I want to try it w/ the pudding. She actually demo'd it like we were her guests..its uses a LOT of products!! :)

It sounds like everyone else's trifle came out OK. I made it last weekend (with sherbet, not pudding) and it was really mushy! My family, who usually scarfs down all of my PC experiments, politely threw theirs away and no one came back for seconds!!!!

Any suggestions or ideas of what I might have done wrong??

I made it and it sat for a coupleof hours before we ate it nut it was AWESOME!!!!! I used orange sherbet instead of lime.I thought there was enough limeinthe filling and the orange was really good too.

I took it to a get together - made it with Rainbow sherbet that morning. Everyone loved it! It traveled easy and was very impressive. I had leftovers the next day & it wasn't mushy. Maybe if it's kept cold enough it doesn't get that way? It was actually fun to make! I will offer this to demo at my shows.
Joanne

PamperedChefDebi said:
Did you use the sherbert or the pudding? I think I'm going to make this for my Open House but I'm not sure which to use.

Also, your quote.....I love that song. Makes me cry every time we sing it in service. :)

I used the sherbert.

ok... What did I do wrong? I made this up ahead of time and put it in my fridge for about 2 hours before serving. Out of 6 people only one was not gagging on the overwhelming lime flavor. It was horrible!!! I followed the recipe and even used rainblw sherbert instead of lime but you may as well have been sucking on a fesh lime. I swore off this recipe for shows. Now you all are saying it was delicious. I must have really goofed up!!

I need to try this. Maybe I'll get the ingredients for it tomorrow. My first March host already has this on her wish list (so of course I've already mentioned that she should get a friend to book in April!) & several others have commented on it. I want to make the trifle for my March shows now. I think maybe I'll try it first with sherbet (I'm thinking rainbow!) & then with pudding if I like it.

I made this and used the rainbow sherbert too, but I didnt use as many limes as it calls for. I had only 2 in the house and it came out fine, one for zest & juice and one for slicing for the decoration on the inside of the bowl. I also put it in the freezer and 1/2 hour before I was going to serve it, I took it out to sit.
So if you planning to travel with it, just put it in the freezer after you make it and it should be fine when you arrive.

kearstin said:
It sounds like everyone else's trifle came out OK. I made it last weekend (with sherbet, not pudding) and it was really mushy! My family, who usually scarfs down all of my PC experiments, politely threw theirs away and no one came back for seconds!!!!

Any suggestions or ideas of what I might have done wrong??

Trifles are a bit mushy because the pudding or sherbet soaks into the cake. You might try one of the recipes with pudding. It could just be that your family isn't a trifle family.

Related to Anyone Make the Lime Berry Trifle Yet?

1. How do I make the Lime Berry Trifle?

To make the Lime Berry Trifle, you will need a package of lime gelatin, a package of frozen mixed berries, a container of whipped topping, and a pre-made angel food cake. Follow the instructions on the gelatin package to make the lime layer, then layer the cake, berries, and whipped topping in a trifle dish. Let it chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.

2. Can I use fresh berries instead of frozen?

Yes, you can use fresh berries instead of frozen in the Lime Berry Trifle. Just make sure to wash and dry them thoroughly before adding them to the trifle. You may also want to toss them in a bit of sugar to sweeten them up.

3. How many servings does the Lime Berry Trifle make?

The Lime Berry Trifle typically serves 8-10 people, depending on the size of the servings.

4. Can I substitute the angel food cake for a different type of cake?

Yes, you can use a different type of cake for the Lime Berry Trifle. Pound cake or sponge cake make good substitutes for angel food cake. You can also use a gluten-free or dairy-free cake if needed.

5. How far in advance can I make the Lime Berry Trifle?

The Lime Berry Trifle can be made up to a day in advance. However, it is best to add the whipped topping and fresh berries right before serving to prevent the layers from getting too soggy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sfdavis918
  • chefinbiz
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedPeggy
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB