• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lime Berry Mousse Trifle-Quick Question

In summary, to make the Lime Berry Mousse Trifle, you will need a box of white cake mix, water, vegetable oil, eggs, lime gelatin, boiling water, cold water, frozen mixed berries, sugar, cream cheese, whipped topping, and a lime for garnish. It takes about 40 minutes to prepare and needs to chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Fresh berries can be used instead of frozen, and the trifle can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. A dairy-free cream cheese alternative can be substituted in the recipe.
Chef Endora
Gold Member
:confused: I am planning on making the trifle but want to know how far ahead of time can you make it with the lime sherbet in it. Can you make this the night before, or do you assemble it right before you eat it?

Assemble it right before. The sherbet has to be REALLY soft, but you don't want it completely melted. If you make it more than a couple hours ahead, it completely melts and soaks all the way into the cake, making it soggy instead of just flavored. (Does that make sense? I know what I'm trying to say, but want to make sure that you do... ;) )

I knew I could count on you! Thanks!:)

oops, sorry everyone for starting this in the wrong category:eek:

I have made a couple the day before a show and people liked it more than when I made it at the show, the purpose of a trifle is for everything to come together.

Hi there! Great question about the trifle with lime sherbet. You can definitely make it the night before and let it chill in the fridge until you're ready to serve it. Just make sure to cover it with plastic wrap to keep it fresh. Enjoy!

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Lime Berry Mousse Trifle?

To make this trifle, you will need: 1 box of white cake mix, 1 cup of water, ½ cup of vegetable oil, 3 eggs, 1 package of lime gelatin, 1 cup of boiling water, 1 cup of cold water, 1 package of frozen mixed berries, 1 cup of sugar, 8 oz of cream cheese, 1 container of whipped topping, and 1 lime for garnish.

2. How long does it take to make this trifle?

This recipe takes about 40 minutes to prepare, and then it needs to chill for at least 2 hours before serving.

3. Can I use fresh berries instead of frozen?

Yes, you can use fresh berries instead of frozen. Just make sure to wash and dry them before using.

4. Can I make this trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this trifle ahead of time. It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before serving.

5. Can I substitute the cream cheese for a dairy-free option?

Yes, you can use a dairy-free cream cheese alternative in this recipe. Just make sure to use the same amount as the regular cream cheese called for in the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • Tpol04
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Tara1021
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies