• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lime Berry Mousse Trifle: A Hostess' Delight!

In summary, my hostess for the 15th decided that she would like that recipe. I haven't made it yet. I think I'll do a practice one here before I go, but just thought I'd check to see what you all thought!
Tara1021
for the Lime Berry Mousse Trifle. My hostess for the 15th decided that she would like that recipe. I haven't made it yet. I think I'll do a practice one here before I go, but just thought I'd check to see what you all thought!

Thanks!

Make sure the Lime Sherbet is VERY softened
Cube most of the cake ahead
Grate white chocolate over the top at the end - it allows you to show the Cheese Grater and Grate container

I am doing a show for my aunt and cousin in Florida in a few weeks. They live in the heart of Citrus-ville (Avon Park). I was thinking about this one but doing it with oranges & orange sherbert instead of limes. Has anyone tried that yet? I think it would be good....your thoughts.

Oops, sorry if I just hi-jacked!

Yep - you can do it with any flavor sherbet! But I think Oranges (unless they are tiny) are going to be hard to slice in the mandoline. Why don't you try lemons?

dannyzmom said:
Yep - you can do it with any flavor sherbet! But I think Oranges (unless they are tiny) are going to be hard to slice in the mandoline. Why don't you try lemons?
You are probably right on that one. I was just thinking that it would be good with orange. I think I'd prefer limes to lemons actually.

pamperedlinda said:
You are probably right on that one. I was just thinking that it would be good with orange. I think I'd prefer limes to lemons actually.
Guess that's the reason we have a Test Kitchen - huh?

I made a sangria when I first got my Ultimate Mandoline to show it off, and I sliced a lemon, orange, and lime to throw in there...I think the orange really squeezed in there, but it did!

Tips on the Lime Trifle--My guests really liked the extra juice that came from using frozen fruit. I made it with fresh fruit and with frozen and the frozen fruit one got RAVE reviews.

Be sure to mush the first layer of cake down (I use the meat tenderizer) or the trifle won't fit.

Paige Dixon said:
Be sure to mush the first layer of cake down (I use the meat tenderizer) or the trifle won't fit.

I never thought to use the meat tenderizer... I earned in in my SS months, but have never used it :rolleyes: this will be a great way to show yet another product! :)

Paige Dixon said:

Yes - GREAT tip!! I got that tip from you right before I did the trifle at my fundraiser last month and it work wonderfully and they guests loved the Meat Tend!

I also used frozen fruit and the guests loved it. The next time I make it, I'm going to replace the lime with a kiwi. I know it won't show the ultimate mandoline, but the guests will be able to eat the kiwi.

chefheather said:
I also used frozen fruit and the guests loved it. The next time I make it, I'm going to replace the lime with a kiwi. I know it won't show the ultimate mandoline, but the guests will be able to eat the kiwi.

Or maybe you could alternate limes and kiwis

dannyzmom said:
Or maybe you could alternate limes and kiwis

OH....that's a good idea

dannyzmom said:
Make sure the Lime Sherbet is VERY softened
My Director did this recipe at our meeting Tuesday. She set the sherbet out with the Ice Cream Dipper in it to help it soften faster. To go even faster, set it on a piece of cookware.

You guys are awesome! Thanks for all the ideas!!!:D

I used the mixed sherbet of raspberry, orange & lime for extra flavor.

This demo has been really good for my shows. The guests are really impressed with the trifle & everyone has loved it! I wasn't too sure about it when I first made it, but a guest really wanted it, so I made it. The only two girls at the show that haven't already booked with me, booked!

chefann said:
My Director did this recipe at our meeting Tuesday. She set the sherbet out with the Ice Cream Dipper in it to help it soften faster. To go even faster, set it on a piece of cookware.

GREAT idea!!

What is the recipe for the Lime Berry Mousse Trifle?

The recipe for the Lime Berry Mousse Trifle can be found in our latest Pampered Chef recipe book, or on our website. It includes layers of angel food cake, lime mousse, and fresh berries for a delicious and refreshing dessert.

Can the Lime Berry Mousse Trifle be made ahead of time?

Yes, the Lime Berry Mousse Trifle can be made ahead of time. Simply cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. For best results, we recommend making it no more than 24 hours in advance.

Can I use different types of berries in the Lime Berry Mousse Trifle?

Absolutely! While the recipe calls for strawberries and blueberries, you can use any combination of fresh berries that you prefer. Raspberries, blackberries, or even a mix of all three would be delicious in this trifle.

What Pampered Chef products can I use to make this trifle?

To make the Lime Berry Mousse Trifle, we recommend using our Trifle Bowl, Whipped Cream Maker, and Quick Slice. These products will make layering and preparing the trifle a breeze.

Can I make a vegan or dairy-free version of the Lime Berry Mousse Trifle?

Yes, you can make a vegan or dairy-free version of the Lime Berry Mousse Trifle by using a dairy-free angel food cake and substituting the heavy cream in the mousse with coconut cream. You can also use vegan whipped cream for the topping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • rebeccastt
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
erinyourpclady
Replies
Views
lisacb77