• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Ever Made the Banana Toffee Pizza??

it was called Strawberry Banana Dip. I think you could just omit the banana and add strawberry to the cream cheese mixture.
ladybug
I have a Mom & Me theme show coming up this month and since it is my SS month I don't have alot of products. I was going to try the Banana Toffee Pizza since the host really wants it kid oriented. Has anyone made this recipe?? I'm going to try it this weekend, but I wanted some feedback since I have to give her the recipe options soon.

It sounds so sweet, and a little weird. Does it taste any good??? Is the cookie crust easy to take off the stone without breaking?? Do you girls leave it on the stone and serve from there??

Tips, I need tips!!

I made the Banana Toffee Pizza last weekend and it was a big hit. It is not real sweet. It shows alot of tools. As far as the crust goes, I used almost 2 pkgs. of sugar cookie dough instead of the one pkg. it calls for. This makes the crust a little softer and the chance of it breaking is less because it is not as thin. I feel that just one pkg. of dough bakes too hard and is harder to remove without breaking. In fact, every recipe that I do that calls for a cookie douth crust I use 2 instead of one. I pre-baked it at home before the show, let it cool about 10 minutes and then went around it to loosen it. I only had 5 people at this show and there was not even a crumb left...it must have been good!!

Banana Toffee PizzaWe had the Banana Toffee Pizza at a cluster meeting last month. It was good, although the crust was really thin. I hadn't thought about using two pkgs of dough, I think that would've made it alot better. It did taste really good though. I think it would be a hit with kids!

:D I made the Taffy apple Pizza at one of my first shows.A guest had brought her 10 yr old daughter with her. The daughter loved it so much that they bought the stone and she requested it be made for her birthday party instead of a cake. My oldest son has also requested pizza cookies for his birthday for the last 3 years. I have taken pictures of them and take to shows to display. I just recently made one for a baby shower and everyone was surprised that it did not come from a store. They are so easy and much less expensive than the cookie places in the mall. :D

banana toffee pizzaI made the banana toffee pizza for my first show at my house. It wasn't the demo. I had made it before hand just as something extra to eat. My guests loved it. IN fact one of the bookings off that show requested I do it as the demo at their show. So I made it at her show as the demo. Very easy to do. All but 2 peices were gone by the time everyone left. Yummy! Oh, yeah, and I would definately use more than one sugar cookie dough- maybe even two. Don't forget to use the utility knife to release the cookie from the stone after its cooked like it says in the recipe. If it fully cools before you have done that it is hard to get some pieces off the stone when serving- at least that happened at my open house. Good Luck!
Janel

Thanks!Ladies,

Much thanks, thanks for the tips !!! Love it! I am going to bake it this weekend, and I am definitely using it. Thanks for the 2 dough suggestion, I'll let my host know.

THANKS ~

Does anyone have a good fruit dip suggestion? I want to do a fruit tray for my show on Monday. My old stand by recipe that I have used for nearly 20 years is:

8 oz. cream cheese
1 jar marshmallow cream
touch of cinnamon

It is not a PC recipe, but I have always came back to it after every other dip I have tried. I sometimes use strawberry cream cheese.

Thanks for your help.

Shawnna Nixon

Fruit dipsThere are some fruit dips if you go to recipe search on the pampered chef website. There was a Butterscotch Dip, Chocolate Fondue Dip, Caramel Apple Dip, and a Tropical Fruit Salsa when I looked. There is another dip that I made before(which was the one I was looking for) and I couldn't find it in the recipe search and I let a friend borrow my PC recipe books. It was for fruit kabobs and it had a fruit dip you could make with it. I thought it was pretty good. Its either in the All the Best cookbook or the Celebrations cookbook. Hope that helps some
Janel

Dental Floss!!I make the Taffy apple Pizza at my partys, and with great success! I make the cookie crust at home (using only one cookie dough) and take to the party with me. The trick I learned is ....to take dental floss and run between the cookie and stone about 5 min. after you take it out of the oven, then again after it cools completely, works every time!! Hope it works for you.

cool ideacool idea with the floss. I'll have to remember that one

Banana Toffee Pizza crustTry using a little flour on the stone before putting the cookie dough on. This seems to work for me. It really helps if the stone is new. I've also used the bread knife to run under the crust. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tips!!Ladies,
Thank you so much for the advice with the Banana Toffee Pizza. It really is delicious!! Most importantly, I did use about 1 package and 3/4 of the cookie dough. I couldn't imagine it thinner. Not only did I find the one hard to roll (kept getting holes) but the thicker crust is easier to handle. Glad you girls came to the rescue, I most certainly would have not made the recipe with the problems I was having with one package of dough.

Now that I've made it, I have a tip. Roll it out at home, or when you 1st go to the host's house w/o guests there. I did not find it to be easy to roll and would not want to have done that in front of guests.

Thanks again!!!!

sugar cookie doughIt is hard to roll out the sugar cookie dough isn't it. I had totally forgot about that otherwise I would have mentioned it earlier. Yes, I didn't roll the dough out in front of guests which was a good thing. Does anyone know if there is an easy way to roll out the cookie dough with the baker's roller? I ended up just using my hands to finish getting it flat. I thought something was wrong with me when I couldn't get it to roll out good. I'm glad its not just me. :eek:

I would like to have the taffy apple pizza recipe please. :D

Taffy Apple PizzaI'll just go ahead and post the recipe. I made this a couple weeks ago and loved it. Also the peanut butter, cream cheese, brown sugar, and vanilla you put on top of the cake make a really good apple dip. I'll mix it together and dip my apples in it. Its so yummy. In fact thats what I'm eating right now for a snack! :)

Taffy Apple Pizza
Ingredients:
1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 medium Granny Smith apples
1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
1/2 cup peanuts, chopped

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Shape cookie dough into a ball and place in center of Large Round Stone; flatten slightly. Using lightly floured Baker's Roller™, roll out dough to a 14-inch circle, about 1/4 inch thick. Bake 16-18 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes. Carefully loosen cookie from baking stone using Serrated Bread Knife; cool completely on baking stone.

2. Combine cream cheese, brown sugar, peanut butter and vanilla in Small Batter Bowl; mix well. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cookie.

3. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apple slices in half and arrange evenly over cream cheese mixture.

4. Microwave ice cream topping on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until warm; drizzle evenly over apples. Chop peanuts using Food Chopper; sprinkle over apples. Cut into wedges.

tip to roll cookie dough
janel kelly said:
It is hard to roll out the sugar cookie dough isn't it. I had totally forgot about that otherwise I would have mentioned it earlier. Yes, I didn't roll the dough out in front of guests which was a good thing. Does anyone know if there is an easy way to roll out the cookie dough with the baker's roller? I ended up just using my hands to finish getting it flat. I thought something was wrong with me when I couldn't get it to roll out good. I'm glad its not just me. :eek:

Make sure the dough is COLD and sprinkle a little sugar on it before rolling it. If I'm rolling right on the stone I make sure it's cold and if I'm doing it on a cutting board I freeze the board first! Works great with our boards and then you can move it to the stone with our lift 'n serves!!

Overflowing Dough???Hi! Everytime I have tried to make this at a show, the dough has overflowed off the edges, making a mess in the oven! Last time, my daughter manned the dough and "scooped" it with a spatula every few minutes. I have tried the following variations each time...

Making sure the oven is totally preheated, rolling dough to 2 inches of edge instead of one, two cookie doughs, 1 cookie dough, name brand (instead of generic).

I "hear" you guys talking about how easy it is...what am I doing wrong???

I thought about making it in the bar pan instead of the round stone, but that wouldn't be as pretty!

Thanks for your help!

Fruit Pizza and DoughI made the fruit pizza today for the first time. I didn't use refrigerated dough - I used a sugar cookie mix in an envelope by Betty Crocker. It is 17 oz. and runs aroung $1.50 to $1.60 where I live. You add one egg and a melted stick of butter. It rolled out really easy and was easy to work with.

HOWEVER, I did have slight "flowage". I used the general recipe for drop sugar cookies, and perhaps I should have used the alternate recipe for cut-out cookies. The alternate recipe uses only 2/3 of the butter as the main recipe. Since it is less liquid, I think it would spread out less and will have to try it the next time I do this.

Overall, though, everyone seemed pleased with it. It was for a Pampered Business day at a salon where a friend is collecting orders for her catalog show, and I passed out copies of the recipe with my contact info on it. ;)

Another option for overflow might be to use parchment paper as is suggested in the recipes with a brownie crust.

Hope this is helpful to someone.

Paula in TN

Pampered Chef WebsiteOk, so I'm starting to think that the U.S. website is superior to the Canadian website. I can 't seem to find a recipe search. I'm also not able to find many of the downloads that I have seen referred to here.

Canadian consultants - am I looking in the wrong places?

janel kelly said:
There are some fruit dips if you go to recipe search on the pampered chef website. There was a Butterscotch Dip, Chocolate Fondue Dip, Caramel Apple Dip, and a Tropical Fruit Salsa when I looked. There is another dip that I made before(which was the one I was looking for) and I couldn't find it in the recipe search and I let a friend borrow my PC recipe books. It was for fruit kabobs and it had a fruit dip you could make with it. I thought it was pretty good. Its either in the All the Best cookbook or the Celebrations cookbook. Hope that helps some
Janel

Tip for rolling out cookie doughAnother tip for rolling out any dough: Put a layer of waxed paper over the dough to be rolled. That will help it from sticking and will also keep your Baker's Roller clean.

AHA! Sounds good!It sounds like a good idea to put down the wax paper first.

I was just reading all the replies and I can't believe I forgot to mention the overflow factor... Yes it was all over the place in my house. At the show however, I only used 1 package and a half and I left 2-3 inches at the edge. It baked exactly to the edge of the stone. You should definitely play around with the amount so that you don't mess up the host's oven.

How did I forget to mention that????

Overflow!:eek: I used 2 packages of cookie dough at my show last Wednesday. BIG MISTAKE!! It overflowed off the stone onto the botton of the host's oven and started smoking! YIKES!! Luckly, I baked the dough before the guests arrived, but it still was a little smokey in the house when they started to arrive. I do not recommend using 2 doughs unless you use the bar pan since it has sides. It still tasted good, but it was very thin and crispy, due to the overflow factor.

Jessica

Do you use a small or large jar of marshmallow creme? What kind of fruits do you eat with this dip?

Shawnna said:
Does anyone have a good fruit dip suggestion? I want to do a fruit tray for my show on Monday. My old stand by recipe that I have used for nearly 20 years is:

8 oz. cream cheese
1 jar marshmallow cream
touch of cinnamon

It is not a PC recipe, but I have always came back to it after every other dip I have tried. I sometimes use strawberry cream cheese.

Thanks for your help.

Shawnna Nixon

There's one that came with the Chillzanne Mini-Bowl. I've never tried it, but it sounds yummy. Here you go:

1 jar (7-7.5 oz) marshamallow creme
3/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon lime zest
1/2 teastpoon ground cinnamon

Combine above ingredients and spoon into Chillzanne Mini-Bowl.

Sounds easy enough! I've even had friends use those "Whipped" fruit yogurts (I think Yoplait makes one) and they double as a nice fruit dip. But it's nice to use a PC recipe. :)

overflowI have also had a problem with overflow. I used two packages and rolled to almost an inch or more from the sides. It still overflowed all in my oven and almost caught fire! Smoke was everywhere! I was scooping dough out of the bottom of the oven and tearing up in my eyes the whole time. It was a total disaster. What a mess and we had to take the baby outside because it was smoky for so long. Thank goodness it wasnt at a show. I was just using two packs like suggested on here. So beware if you use two. I would rather have a thin one and use dental floss than mess up a hosts oven.

Debbie

caramel for Taffy apple pizzaI'm a bit of a traditional cook and like to make things from scratch. I made the Taffy apple pizza which calls for a sugar cookie dough for the pizza base. I made the dough from scratch and it turned out ok. I have to say it was a bit thin. I also think the more 'bad for you' ingredients there are in a recipe better it tastes. I found a recipe online for a caramel sauce. I didn't want to pay $4 for ice cream topping so I used this recipe. I used part of it on the pizza and the rest was eaten up quickly, used as an apple dip.

1 sick butter
1 package Craft caramel
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Put all ingredients in micro cooker (I used the little one and had just enough room to stir everything beeing careful) and cook for 6-7 min stiring occasionally. Mix well, it will look like it has too much butter but keep sirting.
Just mix it up with one of our silicone scrapers, you can demonstrate how nothing sticks to them. Quick and easy, if there are any left overs throw them in one of the prep bowls with the lids and put in the fridge. You could also make this in the double boiler.
enjoy
Jenny

one packageI also don't recommend using more than 1 package of cookie dough unless you have a bar pan. That was a mistake I made when I did my first fruit pizza. However, it does make for a good quick tip at a show because everyone laughs and I don't seem like some sort of superhuman cook.

Everytime I do this at a show, everyone raves about it. I couldn't find toffee bars coated with chocolate so this is what I had to do;

I found toffee covered peanuts, and decided to work with that. I didn't chop them, just left them whole, then I chopped two hersey bars and sprinkles that on top before the banana's. Everyone loved it. I didn't put almonds on it because of the peanuts. It's really a recipe you could change over and over again.

Hint for the Candy BarI got the Symphony Chocolate Bar with Almonds and Toffee. I think it comes out better than using the chocolate covered Toffee bars.

Good Luck with the recipe,

Debbie

Love it!!Hi- I made this at my second show and everyone loved it!! I practiced it at home first and it was a huge hit with my husband! He ate almost the whole thing :) Piggy. It's an easy recipe, but I like recipes where there's bake time cause thats when I talk about the cookware/stoneware. Thats how I was trained so I tend to stick to that since I'm only in SSM2. Not that comfortable yet. Hope you enjoy it! It tastes so good!

Heath BarTook me a while but I figured out what brand name has a "chocolate covered toffee bar" (I guess it is written like that so no particular brand is promoted). The Heath Bar is great for the Banana Toffee Pizza and cuts up well into like 3 chunks to put in the cheese grater.

I know about the overflow issue, but 1 and 1/2 packages works well for me, leaving about 2 - 3 inches off the edge of the stone. I have made it a couple of times this way b/c my family loves it. I haven't had a spillage problem since, and I loooove the thickness of the cookie crust!!!

new & wanted recipe for banana tofee pizza please!Hi this sounded really good and I don't have the spring 2005 SBCB. Need some yummy desserts for my Grand Opening!

thanks! :D

Fruit DipThere is a recipe in the Its Good for You Cookbook. I think it uses sourcream and cream cheese or cool whip with fruit jam - I used strawberry and it was yummy! I would get it for you, but I loned my cookbooks to a host and have not got them back yet :(

Banana Toffee Pizza RecipeHere is the recipe you wanted. Not sure if you read all the responses, but beware when using 2 cookie doughs on the pizza stone. If you use two, either use parchment paper or the bar pan. I used 2 cookie doughs with out the parchment paper and it ran all over the host's stove!! :eek:

Banana Toffee Pizza
-------------------

Ingredients:
1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened

1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar

1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed

2 bars (1.4 ounces each) chocolate-covered toffee candy

1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds, coarsely chopped

2 medium bananas, sliced

1/4 cup dulce de leche ice cream topping or hot caramel ice cream topping

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Shape cookie dough into a ball and place in center of lightly floured Large Round Stone; flatten slightly. Using lightly floured Baker's Roller(R), roll out dough to within 1 inch of edge. Bake 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes. Carefully loosen cookie from baking stone using Utility Knife; cool completely.

2. In Classic Batter Bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Add brown sugar; mix until well blended. Using Small Mix 'N Scraper(R), fold in whipped topping; spread evenly over cookie.

3. Coarsely chop candy bars using Crinkle Cutter. Coarsely chop almonds using Food Chopper. Immediately before serving, slice bananas using Egg Slicer Plus(R); arrange over filling. Sprinkle candy over pizza. Drizzle ice cream topping over pizza and sprinkle with almonds. Slice pizza using Pizza Cutter; serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.

Yield: 16 servings or 20 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 320, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Carbohydrate 39 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 220 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Cook's Tip: To toast almonds in the microwave oven, place almonds in Small Oval Baker; microwave in HIGH 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring after each 30-second interval. Cool completely.

To soften cream cheese, microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until softened.

Packaged cookie doughI just tested this recipe for my show this friday. After reading the reviews of the refridgerated cookie dough I used one package of the betty crocker packaged cookie dough and followed the roll out cookie dough recipe (less butter more flour) one package turned out PERFECT, the crust wasnt too thin and it was nice and soft with slighty crispy edges. Im lovin this recipe!

ladybug11156 said:
I make the Taffy apple Pizza at my partys, and with great success! I make the cookie crust at home (using only one cookie dough) and take to the party with me. The trick I learned is ....to take dental floss and run between the cookie and stone about 5 min. after you take it out of the oven, then again after it cools completely, works every time!! Hope it works for you.

I have also used the floss technique for another recipe, only I've always used thread. I make a cake called Twinkie Cake. You bake a regular chocolate or yellow cake and then cut it in half. I use the string and it gives me a perfect cut through the middle. I don't have to worry about cutting it and getting jagged edges from "sawing" it with a knife! Then I fill it with yummy white fluffy cream and put the top back on! :D

Taffy Apple PizzaSomeone else suggested on here a while ago to put the apple slices on AFTER you cut it so that it comes out extra pretty and everyone has apples!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Zoe
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • kam