• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Banana Bread: Quick Bread or No-Go in the Tubes?

In summary, banana bread is considered a quick bread and can be made in various types of pans, including a bundt pan. To ensure it is fully cooked, check with a toothpick. Leftover banana bread can be frozen for up to 3 months or stored at room temperature for a few days.
Jennie4PC
I am making banana bread and the bread tubes says not to use it for quick breads. Is banana breada quick bread?

And has anyone made banana bread in the tubes even though it says not to?

I don't know about the Quick Bread questions, but I wanted to remind you to put parchment or something on each end so that the bread mixture does not run out.

any bread that does not need yeast would be a quick bread (they don't have to rise). The issue is that they will run out of the tube and make not raise quite right.

I find I'm okay using them if I reduce the liquid a bit so it's really thick.

Well I did the recipe and it turned out fine. There was a little bit of leakage but all in all it worked out great. Thanks for the responses.
I also didnt have parchment paper or I would have used that for sure.

1. Is banana bread considered a quick bread or should it be made in a tube pan?

Banana bread is classified as a quick bread, which means it is leavened with baking powder or baking soda instead of yeast. Therefore, it does not need to be made in a tube pan.

2. Can I use a bundt pan to make banana bread?

Yes, you can use a bundt pan to make banana bread. Just make sure to grease the pan well to prevent sticking.

3. How do I know when banana bread is fully cooked?

To check if banana bread is fully cooked, insert a toothpick into the center of the loaf. If it comes out clean, then the bread is done. If there is still batter on the toothpick, continue baking for a few more minutes.

4. Can I freeze banana bread?

Yes, you can freeze banana bread. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then place it in a freezer-safe bag or container. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. To thaw, leave it on the counter at room temperature for a few hours or overnight.

5. How should I store leftover banana bread?

Leftover banana bread should be stored in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and stored at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chef Endora
  • Braedensmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
speedychef
  • DessertDivaFL
  • General Chat
Replies