• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anybody Else Not Like the Jerk Chicken Nachos

In summary, the Jerk Chicken Nachos did not taste good to the reviewer. They think it may have been the fresh cilantro and bell pepper that they didn't like. They think the Chipotle seasoning will be better.
tabnat80
Gold Member
I made them last week and I thought they tasted horrible. I think it was the fresh cilantro and bell pepper that I didn't like. Anyways, just curious if I was the only one. I've got another lady wanting to do them next week and I didn't know if it was just me or if nobody else liked them.

The Jerk Seasoning makes me gag:yuck: :yuck: :yuck: so I definitely don't like the Jerk Chicken Nachos. I'm going to try them with the new Chipotle seasoning - I think I'll like that!

I made them tonight and it was delicious! The lime gave the red bell a sweet taste. It was super yum!

Last edited:
lissahope26 said:
I made them tonight and it was delicious! The lime give the red bell a sweet taste. It was super yum!

I second that! I totally love them! :love:

Sorry to hear you guys didn't like them. I guess not everyone can like everything, that's why PC makes a variety of other delicious recipes! :)

Really, it's not the nachos - I love all of the ingredients that make up the Nachos ~ it's just the Jerk Seasoning that ruins them for me. There is just something about it that makes me nauseous at first whiff!

I love them! We make jerk chicken tacos out of the recipe. DH doesn't like the lime. I don't normally like or eat peppers but alot of PC recipes call for them so I've been eating them.

I'm not a huge fan of Jerk seasoning, so I don't put much in. When I've made them for a show, I let the host decide if we use the full amount of seasoning or reduce it.

I love Jerk Chicken Nachos, and I love the Jamaican Jerk Rub.

JAE said:
I love Jerk Chicken Nachos, and I love the Jamaican Jerk Rub.

Me too! I use it a LOT! Of course if I picked up the bottle and sniffed it, then I'd probably gag!

I love stirring it in sour cream for dip. Sometimes I'll just melt cheese on Tostitos Gold chips, sprinkle with cilantro and use them to dip in the sour cream. Sometimes I add hamburger seasoned in Jamaican Jerk, sometimes onions, I mix 'n' match...

Now the one pot pasta I made the other night... :yuck: That made me gag...just didn't work for me...

The Greek Cheese Torta is my "new" favorite though - yum!
It's great with Rosemary and Olive Oil or Cracked Pepper and Olive Oil Triscuits! :)

I loved the jerk nachos too, but I am not a fan of cilantro. So I cut it up and whom ever wanted to add it thier plate could. There were not a whole lot of them using it. Just my take on that recipe.

janetupnorth said:
Me too! I use it a LOT! Of course if I picked up the bottle and sniffed it, then I'd probably gag!

I love stirring it in sour cream for dip. Sometimes I'll just melt cheese on Tostitos Gold chips, sprinkle with cilantro and use them to dip in the sour cream. Sometimes I add hamburger seasoned in Jamaican Jerk, sometimes onions, I mix 'n' match...

Now the one pot pasta I made the other night... :yuck: That made me gag...just didn't work for me...

The Greek Cheese Torta is my "new" favorite though - yum!
It's great with Rosemary and Olive Oil or Cracked Pepper and Olive Oil Triscuits! :)
Yeah, I don't think I'd like the One Pot Pasta because broccoli makes me gag. I'm going to make myself eat broccoli this week, I think. It was only $1 at the grocery story, so I thought I'd eat a little. I am going to try the pasta thing, but I'm missing the tomatoes and something else. Oh yes, the pasta.

I don't like Cilantro so that part I could pass on. I definitely noticed that flavor when I had them.

The PC jerk seasoning has too much thyme in it, for my taste, but everyone that's tried the jerk nachos or jerk salad I've served said they like it.

DH didn't like the jerk seasoning and I discovered I don't care for cilantro so these eren't a big hit for us. I didn't totally hate them though. I have seen elsewhere on here about substituting the Southwest Seasoning (I think). Maybe that will help.

not a fan of the jerk either... seasoning that is... he he he.

I have been to Jamaica several times and hate the smell and taste of "real" jerk just as much

My family doesn't like the nachos either. We all about gagged on them! That jerk rub is nasty! But at every show that I have made the nachos at, they were a HUGE hit! So it depends on your taste buds I guess :)

I also had a gal who was from Jamaica purchase the jerk rub to see if it was similar to what she was used to, and she was literally trying to hunt me down at a recent vendor show because she wanted to purchase more!

Ok. I'm glad to hear that I"m not the only one to about gag on them. LOL. I normally like everything. I guess it's gotta be the jerk that makes me go ugh. I made them for the 1st time last Wednesday and had the show on THursday. Had I known they were going to be so nasty before the show, I would have told the hostest not to do them. I have a show next week and I think I am going to try to get her to do a different recipe.

They are ok, I'm not a fan of the Jerk rub, it's ok I guess. Now the new Moroccan rub is Fantastic on chicken!!!

I'm not a big fan of the jerk rub either ... but it's OK, I guess. I just think the whole dish is too dry. I think it works better if you add fresh chopped tomatoes.

I use the Southwest Seasoning and leave out the cilantro. (My hosts and
guests seem to like this alot better!)

Rose L.

Crusin the Carribbean in April!
Goals for 2008
Make director before WAVE 1
Earn another trip! (this time to Paris)

Last edited:
I LOVED them, and I have made them 6 times now and everyone who has eaten them has loved them! I always cook the boneless-skinless chicken breast with the seasoning though... even though the recipe doesn't say to do so.

We don't like the Jerk rub at my house either. I made the nachos one time, thinking we could try them since we LOVE nachos, but we threw them out. I have been meaning to try them with the Southwestern, but haven't yet. I like the idea of the Chipotle rub too.

I personally don't like them. I don't like the jerk rub or the cilantro. The guests really like them so I continue to offer them at shows. I do make a variation at home. I cook the chicken breast with the southwestern seasoning on them; chop with FC; place on tortillas & top w/taco cheese. Kinda plain, but that is the way the kids like them. You could always add salsa & sour cream.

I tried doing the chicken with the food chopper but it... didn't really chop at all... just sortof mushed the chicken together and didn't look very appetizing!

bsaxman said:
I tried doing the chicken with the food chopper but it... didn't really chop at all... just sortof mushed the chicken together and didn't look very appetizing!
Chicken chops better with the Food Chopper if it's cold, because it firms it up. If possible, use chicken that's been in the fridge for a couple of hours.

chefann said:
Chicken chops better with the Food Chopper if it's cold, because it firms it up. If possible, use chicken that's been in the fridge for a couple of hours.

i was wondering what i was doing wrong! i'll have to try it cold and see how it turns out :D

bsaxman said:
i was wondering what i was doing wrong! i'll have to try it cold and see how it turns out :D

Or throw it in a bowl, and chop it with the salad choppers - works beautifully!

bsaxman said:
I LOVED them, and I have made them 6 times now and everyone who has eaten them has loved them! I always cook the boneless-skinless chicken breast with the seasoning though... even though the recipe doesn't say to do so.
I do that too. I leave out the cilantro though.

JAE said:
Yeah, I don't think I'd like the One Pot Pasta because broccoli makes me gag. I'm going to make myself eat broccoli this week, I think. It was only $1 at the grocery story, so I thought I'd eat a little. I am going to try the pasta thing, but I'm missing the tomatoes and something else. Oh yes, the pasta.

You can really use whatever vegetables you have. I've made it twice this week. It's delicious! I added mushrooms and grilled chicken. The sundried tomatoes make it - a must have. I also made it with wheat pasta (much better for you than white pasta).

I LOVE the nachos! I keep the peppers mix in my fridge & just pop some tortillas w/ cheese in the oven EVERYDAY for lunch!!

sarahlegare said:
I LOVE the nachos! I keep the peppers mix in my fridge & just pop some tortillas w/ cheese in the oven EVERYDAY for lunch!!

I love this idea for lunch!!! We always have tortillas in my house and I get so sick of eating last nights dinner for lunch this is perfect! Thanx!:love:

My family did not like them at all. They thought I had lost my mind when I set them in front of them. Your not alone!

I really think it's the thyme that people are objecting to...not the cilantro that is added to finish the recipe.

Traditional jerk seasoning doesn't have cilantro.

If you have a spice bottle of thyme, smell that, then smell the PC jerk rub.
That is the objectionable smell, to me.

chefann said:
Plus...make sure you are striking down on the chopper handle quickly and "like you mean it!" Some things (chicken, peppers, etc.) you really have to strike down hard enough that it cuts THROUGH it, not smashes INTO it.

Hope that made sense! Usually when someone is having trouble with their food chopper, it's either they are overloading it or not hitting it hard enough...

My family and I LOVE the jerk nachos! They aren't too big of fans of cilantro, so I only use a bit and add extra to mine. At a show, I would do the same thing...add a small bit to the entire recipe, and then serve extra on the side for those who love it. I always make extra sour cream sauce, too...I don't think it's possible to go overboard on sour cream!!

Chopped tomatoes would be a super addition to this recipe! Thanks for posting that idea!

I haven't made the Jerk Chicken Nachos Yet, I was hoping to this weekend for a new twist. I will watch the Cilantro, hubby tends to put lots of that.

But what I will say is my family LOVES the Jerk Seasoning. I sprinkle it on London Broil, my kids actually complain when I don't use it. BIZARRE, my kids are finicky eaters. I am going to go sniff it when I go downstairs I had no idea it had Thyme in it. We also love that too. We are a spice loving family!!!

bsaxman said:
The salad choppers work wonders. I took the hot chicken straight from the pan right into a bowl and chopped away! I also grilled the red peppers and chopped those too. Works better than trying to cut them into small peices.

I posted yesterday of my verison: Jerk Chicken Tacos. Much better with taco shells than soft shells though.

I have had the Jerk Chicken Nachos at two shows and I've fixed them at home for my family and even my picky DS loved them. I really like the jerk seasoning too, it's really good on grilled chicken.

Related to Anybody Else Not Like the Jerk Chicken Nachos

1. Did anyone else not like the Jerk Chicken Nachos made with fresh cilantro and bell pepper?

It's possible that others may not have enjoyed the nachos due to personal taste preferences or possible allergies. However, it's also possible that there may have been an issue with the recipe or cooking method. We always recommend trying a new recipe before serving it to guests to ensure it meets your standards.

2. Is it just me or did the Jerk Chicken Nachos taste horrible?

Taste is subjective, so it's possible that you may have not enjoyed the flavor profile of the nachos. We suggest experimenting with different spices and ingredients to find a combination that works for you.

3. Are there any alternative ingredients I can use instead of fresh cilantro and bell pepper in the Jerk Chicken Nachos?

Absolutely! Our recipes are meant to be customizable to fit your preferences and dietary restrictions. Feel free to substitute the cilantro and bell pepper with other herbs and vegetables that you enjoy.

4. Can I omit the cilantro and bell pepper from the Jerk Chicken Nachos recipe?

Yes, you can omit these ingredients if you prefer. However, keep in mind that they may add unique flavors and textures to the dish. If you do choose to omit them, we recommend adding other ingredients to compensate for the missing flavors.

5. Should I still try the Jerk Chicken Nachos even though I didn't like them the first time?

We always encourage trying new recipes and giving them a second chance. It's possible that the first batch may not have turned out as expected, and with some tweaks and adjustments, you may end up loving the Jerk Chicken Nachos. If you're still not satisfied, we have plenty of other delicious recipes to choose from.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lesliebakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • stefani2