• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any tips for a successful Bank Customer Appreciation Day with Pampered Chef?

In summary, the new consultant is going to be setting up a table with food and bakeware behind it at the customer appreciation day event at the bank. She is worried about food safety and is asking for advice. There are some strict food licensing regulations that she is aware of. She recommends sticking to cookies, cupcakes, or something else that can be eaten on the go. There is discussion about display boards and whether or not people actually read them.
AmandaJean
Hey Guys! I'm a new consultant (day 28!) and when I opened up my PC bank account, the bank asked me to help with their customer appreciation day. They have given me some guidance as to what to expect, but they haven't done one before and this is outside of my "norm".

I am making grilled chicken penne (since there is no oven at the bank) and bringing the new mojito torte and artichoke cups along with me. I'm setting up a table with the food and the bakeware behind it. I'm assuming it will be drop in, but I'm going to do a show anyway.

Anyone have any experience with this? Tips?

Thanks,
Amanda

Really, I wouldn't hand out any kind of food that needs to be kept at a certain temp for food safety.

Usually, these kinds of events are an open house - I doubt that you'll be able to do a demo. I would just be on hand to answer questions and chat with people as they come and go - THAT is where you'll make your best contacts!

By all means, DO NOT take a meat dish, especially with chicken. Do mini-carrot cake cups, or brownies or something that can be snacked on. Even some dips and pretzels or crackers....but no chicken penne. A room temperature torte will not be too good either. Ask your director what she would advise. This is a wonderful opportunity so best to be safe than sorry.

I agree...nothing that needs to be kept at a certain temp! Carrot cake cups & the Greek Cheese Torta are always big hits for me!

Many states have strict rules about fixing food for a public event. I'd stick with wrapped candies in one of our decorative bowls and talking with people.

Excellent idea, Rae

Rae is right. There are some very strict food licensing issues as well. I will tell you this. If I were coming in to do my banking and I saw someone there with food like chicken or cheese or anything that really should be refrigerated or in a crock pot, I WOULD NOT TOUCH IT WITH A 10 FOOT Pole! It would also be a great deterrent to my talking to you. Stick to cookies, cup cakes or some other baked good. I think you would be asking for trouble with anything else.

I'll go one step further and say that I wouldn't even eat home baked stuff from a total stranger. (Sorry, as a certified food service manager, I know too many gross stories :yuck: ) Just stick to wrapped candies like Rae said.

Have host packets handy to pass out to those who are ready to book a party. Focus on making contacts for both shows and to join your team. Have a display with the host benefits/specials. There's an excellent thread here that had booth tips. I'll see if I can find it and post here.

I never thought of that Nancy and Rae!

Thanks for the tips, everyone! What about besides the food...has anyone else had any experience with these types of things? The bank is marketing it as "recipes for a good client" and trying to make the lives of bank customers easier (by using Pampered Chef). So, new consultant/host packets are a good idea.
What about display boards? Anyone find anyone really reads them? Anyone use them?

Related to Any tips for a successful Bank Customer Appreciation Day with Pampered Chef?

1. What is Bank Customer Appreciation Day?

Bank Customer Appreciation Day is a special event held by banks to show their appreciation for their customers. It is usually a day filled with special promotions, discounts, and freebies for customers.

2. When is Bank Customer Appreciation Day?

The date for Bank Customer Appreciation Day may vary from bank to bank, but it is typically held during the first week of October. Some banks may choose to celebrate it on a different day, so it's best to check with your specific bank for the exact date.

3. Do I need to be a customer of the bank to participate?

While Bank Customer Appreciation Day is primarily for existing customers, some banks may also extend their promotions to non-customers. It's best to check with your bank to see if they are open to non-customers participating in the event.

4. What kind of promotions or discounts can I expect on Bank Customer Appreciation Day?

The promotions and discounts offered on Bank Customer Appreciation Day may vary, but some common ones include waived fees, interest rate discounts, and special offers on bank products and services. Some banks may also offer free giveaways or raffles for customers.

5. How can I find out about the promotions and discounts offered on Bank Customer Appreciation Day?

Most banks will advertise their promotions and discounts for Bank Customer Appreciation Day on their website, social media pages, and in-branch signage. You can also contact your bank directly to inquire about their specific offers for the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
JD Gray
  • chefcharity
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Shannon Russell