• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Advice on Which Smartphone to Get?

er, seen. If you want the latest and greatest, go with the Droid. If you're not interested in technology and just want a phone that makes calls and texts, the iPhone is a great choice. However, if you're looking for a phone that can do a little more, the Droid may be a better choice.
pctharper
Gold Member
We're with Verizon and we are eligeable to upgrade our phones. I feel overwhelmed by the smartphones out there. It was a big enough decision to take the plunge and get smartphones, but it seems like a bigger decision in choosing one!

Can someone reccomend a good verizon smartphone please? TIA

I am with att and love my iphone... which Verizon now has... BUT... my best friend got a droid with verizon and I love her phone more than mine.

I would just go play with them at the store and see which one you personally like better.

Good luck! Picking out a new phone is almost as hard as finding the right bra.

wish I could find the right bra...

vanscootin said:

Truer words have never been spoken -- LOL! :D
Sandi

I don't have a smartphone yet - but when I do, I think I have decided on the Android OS.

Be careful with Blackberry's. Not all are flash capable. At work, we have been trying to post some videos and have discovered they are not viewable on all Blackberrys. Our "Blackberry Tester" just bought her phone and was told that it was media capable - whatever that means. But she thought she was getting a phone that would be on the cutting edge of technology. Well, it is a nice phone, it just doesn't have flash. So, just watch out with Blackberry...

Due to the grief I have had trying to locate video hosting services that will work with Blackberry - I will never have a blackberry - but that is just me! :)

Oh, and 2 neighbors just switched from Blackberry to Droid and have been EXTREMELY happy. Don't know exact phone models, though.

vanscootin said:
I am with att and love my iphone... which Verizon now has... BUT... my best friend got a droid with verizon and I love her phone more than mine.

I would just go play with them at the store and see which one you personally like better.

Do you happen to know which Droid she got? I'm currently looking at the LG Vortex (FREE right now!) or Droid Pro (BOGO). I just can't spend a ton of money on a phone

And finding the right bra is very difficult!!!!!

i would highly recommend going off the Verizon site and google reviews on your top 3 choices. I did this with my daughter's phone. The Verizon site highly recommended a phone and when I read customer reviews (based on my daughter's intense texting needs) found that this phone was flagged as a phone to completely avoid. Do your homework and realize that also with Verizon smartphones you will be required to obtain a data package. You will be charged either $9.99 or $29.99 per month for mb useage.

My daughter and I love our iPhones. I don't have much experience with any other smartphone because I haven't felt the need to find anything other than my iPhone. My daughter has previously had a blackberry.

I have an iPhone (ATT) as does my husband. He works for them, so can use different ones and brings different phones home all the time to play with, but he's stuck with his iPhone 4. I will stick with my iPhone, too. Do be sure to check into the data plans as they can add up fast. Family plans may be a better option, too. I know it is for us - we have 5 phones on our plan.

I love my Pre. It's not a very popular phone, but not because it isn't any good. I love how it integrates with my email, contacts, calendar and social network with very minimal effort. The downside is that because it isn't the hot OS, there are less apps available for it. But I'm not an app person, so it doesn't bother me much.

You can learn more about the Pre 2 here: http://www.precentral.net/reviews

You can also use the links at the top of the page to navigate to other sites at the Smartphone Experts community and get more information on other smartphone.s

Love my IPhone, my husband loves his droid. You have to go play with them.

I went the prepaid route and got Virgin Mobile's LG Optimus V. (Very much like the vortex...can even use the dock and auto dock from the vortex) I pay $25 a month for unlimited data and 300min. They have other plans with more minutes. They do not have service in all areas. I love my phone and my bill.

If you're not a big techie person, the iPhone "just works" better than anything I've ever seen. The interface is intuitive, the syncing and everything are seamless. Android's great if you want to customize every little thing, but most people don't need/want to do that, and if you're overwhelmed by the choices, it doesn't sound like you'd take advantage of those customizing ways that Droids are different. I've had the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 and have known many people with Droids or who've gone from Droid to iPhone. I don't know any of them who have gone from iPhone to Droid.

I got a blackberry and hated it as all of the emails from home office I could not see any of the pictures they were just X in the boxes. I ended up switching to the android and love it. I to was scared about switching to a smart phone but will never go back. I have started txt with my downline and love being able to get my emails and keep in contact with my host wherever I am at.

I have Verizon and have a DroidX - I love, love,love it!!!! I had a Blackberry and hated it. I tried the iPhone but the service the Verizon one offers is different than At&t. If you go with the iPhone go with At&t.

I was with Sprint & had a blackberry....WRONG MOVE! I hated it! Now as of last Feb, on Verizon Android OS (HTC Incredible) and LOVE IT! If it weren't for P3 needing to be on my computer, I'd never need my computer again! I'm always on my phone (like now) ! Check consultants corner, track shipping, send emails from my personal website.... Facebook, text, all my contacts are in my phone...... um, what else?.....
But I do agree with others on here, PLAY PLAY PLAY, ASK ASK ASK.... Hubby & I did opt for a BoGo as the "free" ones didn't gave much options available for accessories (cases, etc)
I also have a gmail account that I can "save" (email to myself) all the necessary PC fliers & other info just to keep the memory on my phone down, not that I've ever had an issue, but if I didn't ... I would someday!
Also, now that I have everything at my finger tips 24/7 - if I need to look up anything while at an expo, or team meeting or want to quick make calls on my lunch break or at daughters soccer game, I can!
Happy Playing!

I have a Droid 2, and am very happy with it. It's easy to use, and I use it for the internet all the time when I am traveling. I was out of town last week and was able to get on CS, PC, and various other sites and could easily post with my slide-out keyboard, etc. At the time of my purchase, I was able to get an accessory pack that included the travel charger, and a media-station/charger. I use that when I travel, PLUS, it had a car-mount attachment that I can use in my car, if I want to use the phone's GPS Turn-by-turn feature (or just the "maps"). Those are cool....I just discovered those tools. My DH has an iPhone with AT&T...>I like those as well...but not sure how it fares against Verizon's version. All in all, very happy with my Droid.And it takes great pictures! I used it for my pictures moreso than my cameras! It's so nice to have that convenience now instead of a big camera, I know I always have my phone (and it has like 7.5+ GIG of space on it....I can take alot of pictures and still not make a dent. I have almost 300 now and still have more than 7Gig of available space. That's just wrong!) :DDefinitely play with them.

I also have the Droid X and I LOVE IT!! Love the big screen, all the apps, the ability to receive and send emails from more than one account, the camera and many other things.

I have the LG Ally on Verizon and I love it. I needed one with a full keyboard for texting and it has the Android OS.

I have a Droid 2 that I got certified pre-owned on Verizon website. Works fine and was only $50. I can't see spending $200 on a phone, but that's just me. I love it for checking e-mails and browsing. I'm sure I can make much better use of it than I am, but I haven't yet. Basic difference between Droid and Iphone is flash (can't do on iphone) and droid is more customizable. Iphone might be easier to use out of the box though. There are great reviews on the internet that give pros and cons. Google droid v. iphone.

1. What is the best smartphone for everyday use?

The best smartphone for everyday use will depend on your personal preferences and needs. Some popular options include the iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, and Google Pixel. Consider factors such as budget, camera quality, battery life, and operating system when making your decision.

2. Should I get an iPhone or an Android?

This decision ultimately comes down to personal preference. iPhones are known for their user-friendly interface and seamless integration with other Apple products. On the other hand, Android phones offer more customization options and a wider range of price points.

3. What features should I look for in a smartphone?

Some important features to consider when choosing a smartphone include processor speed, storage capacity, camera quality, battery life, and screen size. Think about what you will be using the phone for and prioritize the features that are most important to you.

4. How much storage do I need?

This will depend on your usage and how many apps, photos, and videos you plan to store on your phone. Typically, 64GB of storage is enough for most users, but if you take a lot of photos or download a lot of apps, you may want to consider a higher storage capacity.

5. Is it worth it to buy a refurbished smartphone?

Refurbished smartphones can be a more affordable option, but it's important to do your research and buy from a reputable seller. Make sure the phone comes with a warranty and check the return policy in case there are any issues. It's also a good idea to read reviews from other customers who have purchased refurbished phones from the same seller.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janezapchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • chefann
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies