• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Hotmail Limiting Your Emails? Frustrated & Seeking Advice!

In summary, people who use a free email service should use Yahoo, people who use a paid email service should not address more than 10 people at a time, and people who use a paid email service through their cable provider should not send too many emails at once.
jcwarr
does anybody else use hotmail and get locked out when you have sent your quota for emails? whenever i send out a mass mailing to my clients now i have to wait 24 hours to send another email!!! it is so frustrating and i feel like no one should pay for email service just to get a bigger account - i certainly don't use it enough to warrant that except on newsletter days or special emailings i send. thanks for any advice / help!!!!! :mad:

For those who use a free email service,I suggest Yahoo. I dont think they have a quota for sent emails, and I believe they also dont disapeer after a set amount of time if you dont look into your account (hotmail does after 30 days, saved emails and all). I use incredimail (www.incredimail.com) and I oove it, but it pulls my emails from my original server (verizon), just fancies them up a bit.

Actually you can go over your "alloted" mailing limit with Yahoo. I do it every time I send out anything to my PC Preferred Customer list. I have to split my list into 2 and then wait an hour to send the second mailing. Other then that I love Yahoo!!

My husband has gmail, and they seem to be pretty good about stuff like that. :D Just a suggestion!

GMAIL IS AWESOME!!!If you need an invitation to gmail, let me know. It is free and there is tons of space and even chat built right in!

Yahoo is a specific limit per hour. I send mine out in groups of around 50 or so...takes a while, but it works!

I use gmail for my mom groups and love it, but I dont' know if there are any limits because I don't do mass emails with that account. Its free to use you just have to have someone invite you, if you want to give it a try email me at [email protected] and I will send you an invite.

I have a paid service through our cable provider and it will lock me if I send to too many contacts at once. I have heard that you should never address an e-mail to more than 10 contacts at once or it will be put in the contact's bulk mail folder. I don't know if it's true, but I end up sending any e-mails about 20 times to all the contacts I have. It's a pain but I hope it makes a difference...

beepampered said:
I have a paid service through our cable provider and it will lock me if I send to too many contacts at once. I have heard that you should never address an e-mail to more than 10 contacts at once or it will be put in the contact's bulk mail folder. I don't know if it's true, but I end up sending any e-mails about 20 times to all the contacts I have. It's a pain but I hope it makes a difference...

Do you know if that counts blind carbon copies as the contacts? There is no way I could send out my newsletter 10 people at a time! I have almost 200 people in my address book!

pamperedgirl3 said:
Do you know if that counts blind carbon copies as the contacts? There is no way I could send out my newsletter 10 people at a time! I have almost 200 people in my address book!

10 people at a time for 200 is only 20 emails. :p I miss the good old days when I could tell a message to be sent at x time or on x day at x time. Your email might allow for you to create groups so that you don't have to keep adding in a lot of addresses but simply select one group and send out the email over a day or two.

1. Why am I not receiving all of my emails through Hotmail?

Hotmail may be limiting your emails if you have reached their daily or monthly sending limits. These limits are in place to prevent spam and ensure the safety of their users.

2. How can I check if my emails are being limited by Hotmail?

You can check if your emails are being limited by Hotmail by monitoring your email send history. If you notice a significant decrease in the number of emails being delivered, it is likely that Hotmail is limiting them.

3. What can I do to avoid Hotmail limiting my emails?

To avoid Hotmail limiting your emails, make sure you are following their guidelines for sending emails. This includes avoiding spammy content, using a reputable email service provider, and regularly cleaning your email list to remove inactive or bounced email addresses.

4. Is there a way to increase the limit of emails I can send through Hotmail?

Unfortunately, there is no way to increase the limit of emails you can send through Hotmail. These limits are set by Hotmail and are not adjustable.

5. Are there any alternative email service providers that do not have sending limits?

There are many alternative email service providers that do not have sending limits, such as Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and Outlook. It may be worth considering switching to one of these providers if you frequently reach Hotmail's sending limits.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mistym
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • PampChefJoy
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
Ann F
  • TinaOuellette