• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Answering Your Website Questions: Updates, Design, and Business Benefits

In summary, the website updates automatically and you get to pick and choose what content you want to include. It is a small investment and it is worth it if you promote it.
jasonmva
Silver Member
I have not signed up for a website yet but I had a few questions I was wondering if someone could help me with.

Do the pages update every month or do I need to deisgn the whole thing?

How has this helped your business? I have read a few of the threads and see that it works well for some and others need a bit more help. I think it would be a great benefit and I know it is tax deductible but I want to make sure if I do a year that it will not be too overwhelming.

Any help/advise that anyone can give in making this decision would be greatly appreciated

Parts of the pages update automatically. The format always stays the same (they change the colors seasonally.) However, you get to pick and choose what you would some of the content to be. What specials you would like to promote, etc.I think the best way to get your website to work for you, is to be sure that you include the information in EVERY single thing you send out, business cards, etc. I have had people I don't even know put in individual orders and I LOVE the way that people can invite out of town (state) guests to their shows and when they decline it gives them the opportunity to order! So, it increases their sales, gets shipped directly to the customer and YOU get the commission! :) I think the website is a great investment! And if it doesn't work for you at the beginning, just be sure to promote it! It may take a month or two, but it's worth it!Jaye

I've been doing this just a month and I signed up for the website day 1. When you think about it, it's only $10 a month (in Canada), so it's not a huge investment and it's easy to maintain!! I love it and so do my hosts, as email today is the way of life. They use it to send out invitations and keep track of those coming!! Everyone has given me back those little postcards, as they prefer to use the web tool!! I haven't had any online orders yet, but if it helps my host -- it's worth the $10 a month.

Hi Jason,
The maintenance is extremely easy. You only have to click buttons to change news items, pictures, color scheme, etc. When I change mine (about once a month), it takes me about 5 minutes and I have very little knowledge of web design. You will find that it is worth your money (if you promote it) and time.

Good luck!

:) It is worth the $$. Just try it for six months.

I've had my website since day one! In 18 months, I have had five orders
via my site. I'm sure it could have been more, if I had promoted it more. One
was off one of my bridal registries, two for two different parties, and one from an out of town customer who wanted to order a gift for her California granddaughter, and have it shipped direct. She then placed an order for herself, at the same time.

I like the convenience I offer my hostess' to send e-vites. I like it too, cause
I post News from time to time, and monthly put in my hostess' names for her
out of town guests to be able to order, on her party. It is only limited by my
computer experience. I know I could be doing much more, but just have not spent the time to figure it out.

I agree with you that PC would do us a big favor, if they provided a PP Booklet to give us Step by Step instructions on how to use this to our ultimate benefit. I attended the Workshop at Conference and with about 400 of us in the room, it was too little in too short a session. It would have been one I would have wanted two different sessions on. I did ask questions at the Convention booth but it was not easy to remember and they did not have a hand out. In some cases, I'm wanting it to do things that have not yet been programmed into the system. i.e. merge my address book so that I can send a monthly newsletter to folks who have ordered at my shows.

If any of you know how to do this, I would appreciate knowing too.

While I am at it, asking for HOW TO information. How do I change the tag
after my signature line. I will be in Wave 1 for 2007.

Grandmarita said:
While I am at it, asking for HOW TO information. How do I change the tag
after my signature line. I will be in Wave 1 for 2007.

go to User CP, then Edit Signature. :)

Thank you for the help. Let's see if it worked.

I would highly recommend the website. I didn't get much activity on mine at the beginning, but as I've had more shows & have passed out more info with my website on it, I've gotten more of a return on it. I've had MANY outside orders, some for several hundred dollars. Many of my hosts use it for email invitations or to remind those they invited with the paper invites. I've had an order already for the outlet. Plus I've had two bridal registries already. I have many people who tell me they check it every month for my new recipes, so who knows when they may decide to read the info about becoming a consultant or hosting? It's DEFINITELY worth it, as long as you promote it! Just slide it in at your show like you would booking.

I have only had the website for a few months, but I think I have had atleast one order or more from every show. I just wish I had signed up for it earlier.

It works but only if well promoted. I've offered to put my hosts guest list in and send the invites myself. Then I realized that I do not like the emails that are sent from the site so I'll be sending the emails out from my personal email which will include a link for the guests for the show on the site.

1. How often should I update my website?

It is recommended to update your website at least once a month to keep it fresh and relevant. However, the frequency of updates may vary depending on your business needs and industry. It is important to regularly add new content, update outdated information, and make any necessary design changes to keep your website current.

2. How can I improve the design of my website?

There are several ways to improve the design of your website. You can start by using high-quality images, organizing your content in a visually appealing way, and choosing a color scheme that reflects your brand. It is also important to make sure your website is easy to navigate and mobile-friendly.

3. What are the benefits of having a professional website?

A professional website can greatly benefit your business in multiple ways. It can establish your online presence, increase brand credibility, attract potential customers, and improve customer experience. A well-designed and regularly updated website can also help boost your search engine rankings and drive more traffic to your site.

4. How can I make my website more user-friendly?

To make your website more user-friendly, you can start by simplifying your navigation, using clear and concise language, and making sure your website is easy to read and navigate on all devices. It is also important to have a clear call-to-action on each page and to regularly test and make improvements based on user feedback.

5. Can I track the performance of my website?

Yes, you can track the performance of your website using tools like Google Analytics. This allows you to see important metrics such as website traffic, bounce rate, and conversion rate. By regularly monitoring your website's performance, you can make informed decisions on how to improve and optimize your site for better results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stephlucas
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
stephlucas
  • khollein
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedgirl3
  • heather223